Which 4th/5th Placement was robbed of the finale?

QueenMae16

4th/5th Placement robbed of finale spot with only 3-artists FInale?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Robbed Semi-Finalist?

• Trevin Hunte(S3)
    • Sasha Allen(S4)
    • Amber Carrington(S4)
    • James Wolpert(S5)
    • Cole Vosbury(S5)
    • Kat Perkins(S6)
    • Kristen Merlin(S6)

"Christina's not getting in the finale? Guess we better change the rules on the Instant Save and set it up for her to get the pimp slot into the finale." 

(I love Christina and was happy she made it, but that's real convenient that the rules get shifted around and get Kristen out of the finale the week she gets an iTunes bonus but Christina didn't.) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VintageVoice said:

"Christina's not getting in the finale? Guess we better change the rules on the Instant Save and set it up for her to get the pimp slot into the finale." 

(I love Christina and was happy she made it, but that's real convenient that the rules get shifted around and get Kristen out of the finale the week she gets an iTunes bonus but Christina didn't.) 

Don't forget the mic that died on Kristen mid song a week or so before the sudden rule change.  Nasty stuff.

Which is why I inconveniently keep reminding peeps TPTB will stop at nothing to get their results.  They have a bag full of tricks and they have used many of them at one time or another.  Changing the official rules to say they can count or not count any votes at anytime, for any reason and without any notification or announcement was the coup de grâce to the illusion of fairness and should tell you all you need to know. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

Kirsten was an underrated artist for me during her season, she kept on delivering good performances week by week, she was totally robbed on Season 6, I love Christina (she's my fav) but what they did was unfair for Kirsten.

wait what happened with Kristen? How did they bus her / pimp Christina? 

17 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

wait what happened with Kristen? How did they bus her / pimp Christina? 

They showed Kristen's audition in the premiere of the blinds, but she then got double montaged in both of the battle rounds of Season 6, her mic got cut in the middle of her top 12 performance, and after introducing the instant save and saying that it didn't apply for the semifinals they changed the rules so that the semifinals of season 6 got the Instant Save added last minute and Kristen was forced to sing first (which is generally assumed to be a sign the producers want you gone).

Christina's blind was leaked IIRC, and only one of her battles got montaged; she got to close the playoffs episode where Teams Adam and Shakira were on together (Kristen opened the episode which at the time was still considered the "death spot" for a singer on the show) and she got to close the quarterfinals week which was a controversial week for other reasons that don't apply to her or Kristen, and for the last-minute-surprise-add Instant Save she sang last (which is the spot that most often wins). 

"Coincidentally" the semifinals is when Kristen got her first iTunes bonus while Christina missed the iTunes bonus for the first time since the top 12. 

Edited by VintageVoice
clarity
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Spurrious said:

^^

That's a pretty good good summery of the how they treated her.  The why they wanted her gone is really only conjecture but perhaps even more tragic. 

I assumed the why was simply because they wanted Christina, but it appears there's more. what do you think?

Just now, ashwinner said:

I assumed the why was simply because they wanted Christina, but it appears there's more. what do you think?

I'd hope it's not homophobia on the show's part (because if my memory's right Michelle Chamuel was also out before the show and made the finale of her season), but Kristen's a lesbian and Christina, to my knowledge/the public's knowledge, was straight. I don't know if that's what's being hinted at, but I don't think it was left out of consideration consideration for Kristen vs. Christina (if that makes sense).

1 minute ago, VintageVoice said:

I'd hope it's not homophobia on the show's part (because if my memory's right Michelle Chamuel was also out before the show and made the finale of her season), but Kristen's a lesbian and Christina, to my knowledge/the public's knowledge, was straight. I don't know if that's what's being hinted at, but I don't think it was left out of consideration consideration for Kristen vs. Christina (if that makes sense).

Is it possible that their audience was unhappy w/ this? I also noticed that Ricky Braddy got out somewhat early, when he actually put on surprisingly good performances later on. Cali Wilson, despite being not the strongest contestant in the strong S17, I think was also hurt voting-wise for openly stating that she was lesbian. It's really brave of these contestants to openly claim who they are, I think it's really commendable but it sucks that (according to my hypothesis), LGBTQ+ gets somewhat harmed voting-wise

• Like 1

I honestly think it has nothing to do with the sexuality of Kirsten. Michelle was a lesbian too, but she placed as high as runner-up

Christina was a yt sensation even before she went to The Voice, many of her fans watched the show, so TBTP probably wants the more popular Christina in the finale than Kirsten (who they did not expect to be getting better and better) just for the views or something.

Just now, anonymouskid_35 said:

I honestly think it has nothing to do with the sexuality of Kirsten. Michelle was a lesbian too, but she placed as high as runner-up

Christina was a yt sensation even before she went to The Voice, many of her fans watched the show, so TBTP probably wants the more popular Christina in the finale than Kirsten (who they did not expect to be getting better and better) just for the views or something.

I think that's most likely it, tbh - especially given the context of Michelle being out and ending in second place occurring before Kristen's time on the show, and openly LGBT+ contestants (Beverly McClellan and Jamar Rogers) making the show and being generally well-liked from the beginning of the series.

16 hours ago, ashwinner said:

I don't know if there was anything more to it, but Shakira was definitely pissed.