Worst performances?

B-B

We talk a lot about best performances, so what do you guys think are the worst?

Some of mine:

Shane Q - Caribbean Queen

Selkii - Torn

Carter Lloyd-Horne - Take Me To Church

Gyth Rigdon - God Bless The U.S.A

Jamal vs Levi - Counting Stars

• Like 1

uhhhh there have got to be tons of battles for this.... I can't remember any from S17 that were that bad?  

- Scared to Be Lonely was p shaky on Chelle's part, but definitely not a "worst" performance, Anaya was good, although the battle was messy.

- Agreed that Counting Stars was messy on Jamal's part, very pitchy.

- Circles was rather unfortunate on Tate and Anders' part, it just felt underwhelming; I wasn't interested.

- Missing You wasn't at all "the worst" but Samuel and Arei's voices, while separate are amazing, did not mesh well.

IDF is probably gonna keep this exclusive to performances that were from their least favorites, lol. I'll try to keep it more fair and mention performances that I remember STANDING OUT as actually terrible, for one reason or another.

Shane Q: Caribbean Queen (One of the worst performances I can remember, it was literally a huge train wreck)

Celia Babini.- A Thousand Years (A lot of the Cross Battles performances were a disaster, but this was the biggest failure of them all, imo. Just a pitchy mess and combine that with Celia's polarizing tone and it was basically asking a lot of people to get bleach for their ears.)

Gyth Ridgon - God Bless The USA (Not only was this one of the biggest pander choices of all time, but he sang this HORRIBLY. Gyth knew that he was pandering for votes with this, but thankfully team minivan knew how bad this was and veered towards Maelyn.)

Luke Wade - Holding Back The Years (The poor man just crumbled hard with this one.)

Reagan Strange - Wherever You Will Go (This might have been the worst instant save performance in the history of the show. Reagan started with an extremely quiet and MONOTONE verse before a screechy and off-pitch chorus. It was almost embarrassing how off key this was. You make it to the Top 6 and THAT'S how you sing for your life?)

Zach Seabaugh - Brand New Girlfriend (I'm sure a lot of his stans are probably going to start a mob against me, but I genuinely remember how much I hated this when it was aired and I never lost that hatred. A lot of people probably found this really fun, and good on you if you do, but I just could not stand this one.)

Darby Walker - You Don't Own Me (I usually enjoy the indie girls but this was a disaster with a capital D. She definitely deserved to be eliminated the next day despite her solid iTunes showing, tbh.)

Sundance Head - Me And Jesus (Exact same reason as Zach, just something I could not stand at all.)

Lacy Mandigo - Love Is A Battlefield (Genuinely intolerable, NEEEEEXT.)

Will Breman - Locked Out of Heaven (Yeah this was fun but I got a bit sick of him by this point, and it was just not good.)

Ayanna Joni - No Tears Left To Cry (I legit don't think a single note was in tune.)

Hello Sunday & Kat Hammock - We Belong (Combine the three pitchiest voices in the competition and give them a song that's older than all three of them combined and that's the epitome of a disaster incoming.)

I'm sure there's more but I think that's enough for now.

Edited by MatthewPalermo
typo i missed :/
  • Like 3

Okay, I know that a lot of people are gonna mention HS, and I'd agree that their performances were super pitchy, but I think there is one thing to note. 

Myla (idk is that her name, who knows) is good at the large/high notes, but bad at the soft ones. Then, Chelsea is really good at the soft notes (Listen to the beginning of "Don't worry about a thing"), while she is suuuuuper pitchy on the big notes. 

I seriously think that if they kept Myla for the big notes, and Chelsea for the soft notes, they could have actually deserved their semifinals position, and became a contender for finale (but if it were Rose vs HS, they'd still lose, just by a less margin)

• Like 3

• Levi broke his back carrying that battle and it still wasn't good. 
  • Shane Q's infamous performance made me go "...we let go of Myracle for this?"
  • Gyth's almost stays off my list for sheer hilarity of the pandering. Key word: almost.
  • Carter just wanted to make his fans happy - we saw how that ended (though if he'd managed to drop it enough to actually end up in his vocal range, it would've been at least tolerably mediocre).
  • Kanard Thomas shouldn't have made it onto the comeback stage, let alone to the point where he was singing for a spot in the top 13. 
  • Celia's cross battle was bad enough that she lost to someone who'd gotten montaged onto the show (not to mention Oliv Blu was actually on-pitch for her performance).
  • Talon Cardon vs. Jacob Maxwell's battle - Jacob was meh, but Talon's voice cracked at one point and it still haunts my dreams.
  • Reagan's instant save performance (both of them). Enough said.
  • Steve Memmelo's entire tragic run on the show.
  • Rayshun LaMarr peaked at his KO, and then he became Adam's front-runner over Sharane in the lives despite being a train wreck. 
  • Adam Cunningham covering Phil Collins. It didn't work, and it showed.
  • Mark Isaiah's final Instant Save performance. Yeah...
  • Felicia Temple's playoffs performance was...something, which sucked because I liked her pre-taped performances.
  • Darby's disaster has been covered already.
  • Korin Bukowski's last Instant Save - poor girl had gone through two already and she cracked hard under the pressure. 
  • Braiden Sunshine. Next.
  • Zach Seabaugh's performance, while fun to watch, was significantly less fun to listen to.
  • Joshua Davis and "Hold Back the River" - in theory, the genre matched okay, but the song requires a bigger, belter-type voice that isn't Josh's vocal type at all.
  • Taylor John Williams and "Falling Slowly" - he was coming off such a high, too.
  • Jean Kelley's playoffs bus.
  • Amber Nicole and Cassadee Pope's debut solo single. If you want to see a perfect example of how to obliterate someone's odds of surviving a bloodbath, this is it.
  • Amber Carrington's cover of "Firework" wasn't even bad compared to most of this list, but in the context of who was left and her own catalogue of performances, this was the weakest link.
  • Erin Martin's "Walk Like an Egyptian" was...a choice.

Here are the few performances that stood out for all of the wrong reasons. This is as far as I can remember.

Joshua Davis - "Hold Back The River"

Barrett Baber - "Delta Dawn" (Somehow, the studio version was a lot better) 

Barrett Baber - "Ghost" (This pertains to the studio version mostly)

Paxton Ingram - "Hands to Myself"

Daniel Passino - "I Don't Want to Miss A Thing"

Hannah Huston - "I Call The Shots" (Welp...this was her lowest point for sure -- solidified her third place spot)

Aaron Gibson - "Everything I Do (I Do It For You)"

Stephanie Rice - "Issues"

Mark Isaiah - "Sorry" (Yeah...one of the worst instant save performances EVER)

Shi'Ann Jones - "At Last"

Jon Mero - "I Want You Back"

Rayshunn Lamar - "Imagine"

Reagan Strange - "Wherever You Will Go" (Everything about this was...nope)

Tyke James - "Home" (Ruined one of my all time favorite songs from Michael Buble)

Selkii - "Torn"

Presley Tennant and Rizzi Myers - "Whataya Want From Me"

Jake HaldenVang - "Turning Tables" (Liked the creativity, but the execution was just bad)

Jake Wells - "Yellow" (Pitchy, all the way through)

Carter Lloyd Horne - "Take Me To Church" (Yeah, YT comments should never suggest this song anymore LOL)

Shane Q - "Carribean Queen (No More Love On The Run)"

13 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:
  • Taylor John Williams and "Falling Slowly" - he was coming off such a high, too.

Yes, "Royals" was so good, I thought he sealed his place in the finale with that, but he collapsed massively the next week, not only with "Falling Slowly" but with "Blank Space" as well.

50 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

• Felicia Temple's playoffs performance was...something, which sucked because I liked her pre-taped performances.

This 😭 

I loved all Felicia pre-taped performances specially “My Heart Will Go On” I thought she was going to get a PV but she flopped hard in the playoffs 

The same happened with Regina Love, I love her but her playoff was terrible 

• Sad 2

59 minutes ago, Gmm99 said:

Here are the few performances that stood out for all of the wrong reasons. This is as far as I can remember.

Hannah Huston - "I Call The Shots" (Welp...this was her lowest point for sure -- solidified her third place spot)

You must have forgot her (performed on the same night) duet with Pharrell Williams. 

Plus I Call The Shots was a freaking bop 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VintageVoice said:

Shane Q's infamous performance made me go "...we let go of Myracle for this?"

Myracle had a beautiful performance with "You Are So Beautiful" still can't believe the disastrous Shane Q made it what the hell.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

Myracle had a beautiful performance with "You Are So Beautiful" still can't believe the disastrous Shane Q made it what the hell.

honestly we should just turn this into a myracle should have moved on fan thread (/s), I was a myracle Stan from since her (montaged) KO 

Many of Reagan Strange's performances were the worst especially on that season 😬

Matthew Schuler's When A Man Loves A Woman was just really the worst version on The Voice I've heard so far. He just could not reach the notes and were pitchy.

Hello Sunday's Hello and Stone Cold, I do love some of their performances, especially their Battle and Knockouts, but they really flopped on this one, lmao Kelly was good at faking as if they're not pitchy or smth.

Jimmy Mowery's Youngblood was just a really awkward one for me, that song did not suited him well.

All of Shane Q's performances on the live rounds were the WORST. I hate how he won against Myracle who had her best performance so far on the instant save (along with her Everybody Hurts)

Brynn Cartelli's Unstoppable was just a really big song for Brynn it was really hard to listen to it as it was pitchy on the higher parts.

Ellie Lawrence's Cool for the Summer, Ellie was my favorite on S9 along with Jeffrey and Jordan, but man this was a really bad performance and probably the worst for that season.

Kayslin's Stay, girl this is really difficult to hear to bc she was just bad since the start, under and over the notes.

There are a lot but this is all that first came to my mind

• Like 2

Just now, anonymouskid_35 said:

Kayslin's Stay, girl this is really difficult to hear to bc she was just bad since the start, under and over the notes.

This one made me so sad because I thought she was good in the blinds, phenomenal in the battles, so i was thinking she could have a great growth arc then Stay happened.......

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Jack Cassidy - Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me

Daniel Passino - Uptown Funk

Nic Hawk - Blurred Lines

James Wolpert/Paxton Ingram - I'd Do Anything For Love (But I Won't Do That)

Anthony Paul - The Other Side

Whatever it was that died on the stage in the Season 13 Playoffs (Lucas Holliday) - The Beautiful Ones

Edited by Grey_Raine
More PG.

3 minutes ago, David68 said:

This was a...

TOP 10 PERFORMANCE

it gets REALLY good!!

please no, I'm too sober for this

1 hour ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

Matthew Schuler's When A Man Loves A Woman was just really the worst version on The Voice I've heard so far. He just could not reach the notes and were pitchy.

TPTB tried to recapture his Hallelujah magic after he got into the Instant Save - it didn't work.

3 hours ago, Daillon said:

Erin Martin, the Queen of Queens, Maelyn could never :wub:

Here's a video of the Shield's Brothers commentating on their performance. Seems like they didn't like her too lmao.

10 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Here's a video of the Shield's Brothers commentating on their performance. Seems like they didn't like her too lmao.

How have I never seen this clip before oh my god 🤣

Even as subtle as they tried to be, they clearly couldn't stand her.

11 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

How have I never seen this clip before oh my god 🤣

Even as subtle as they tried to be, they clearly couldn't stand her.

"Most people had a cordial relationship with their battle partners...CeeLo put us with someone totally different from us..."

Lord, to be a fly on the wall for those rehearsals 🤣

• Haha 5

4 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

"Most people had a cordial relationship with their battle partners...CeeLo put us with someone totally different from us..."

Lord, to be a fly on the wall for those rehearsals 🤣

The little "ew" at 2:33 looool