Worst performances?

B-B

11 hours ago, AliXRose said:

So back in the day the advisors were Reba, Sia and Monica, but now all they give us is Kane Brown and Leon Bridges ?

Unimpressed Viola Davis GIF

Hey now, don’t talk about the show’s unofficial mascot like that :haha:

In all seriousness, at least we got Brandy last season and Snoop as the mega mentor might be my favorite selection for that role so far.

As for other rough performances, the weakest I can think of which I don’t think has been mentioned yet: Matthew Schuler’s “It’s Time”.

I get that Christina wanted to get him back into the alt rock lane he’d done in the pre-lives, but that’s the #1 song off that album you don’t f***ing try unless you’re Dan Reynolds himself. Add in the fact that Matt’s voice was hitting the “getting shot to hell from the demands of being on a national singing competition” point and the increased movement around stage (it’s a high energy song and you need top notch breath support to do it), and it’s not surprising in hindsight that the guy perceived to be a finale lock struggled so much with it. At the time, it was more of a “what happened???” since Matthew hadn’t really hit any bumps in the road up to that point and still had his T12 performance charting well multiple weeks later.

Personally, I’m convinced that Matt’s flop here + Will’s surprising song choice that same week working well are what allowed the latter to make it into the finale, but I don’t have concrete proof of that so it’s just a theory.

Edited by VintageVoice

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...