Voice Madness

mercfan3

Weather my choice here is for The Queen or Queen Amber, I can't say really and I have not cast my vote yet.

Voting for Maelyn:

+ Maelyn is Maelyn

+ Angelic and flawless vocal control

+ Stellar rendition of "Hallelujah"

+ Easily the best winner of all seasons and showed that country trio of Blake's on why they should have stayed in their hillbilly towns cause they never had a chance against her.(I know this isn't about the performance, but its just a fun fact I love to give)

- Voting against Amber who is also Amber

- Objectively this isn't her best live show performance tbh(We still stan tho)  

- Its "Hallelujah" and the number of renditions/covers done sometimes makes me pull my hair out cause its just too overdone(although Maelyn shoved the other flop covers to their graves)

- Amber doesn't get to advance

Voting for Amber:

+ Amber is Amber

+ Powerful projection in her voice and knows how to clearly emote in this performance.

+ Outsold Adam Levine, her own coach, on his own song

+ Showed that you can give the best performance of the night but still go home to Snoozebros and Barbie girl just because they are Team Blake and more "marketable"(Even though Amber is the true marketable queen and has the cross-over potential shown as opposed to the other 2 flops on Blake's team) 

- Voting against Maelyn in which the crime should be greater than any federal offense ever given in the history of anything on this planet/universe.

- Maelyn doesn't get to advance

So as you can see I'm trying to give the most objective and unbias view to clearly make sure my vote isn't tragic. But its going to be tragic because these 2 deserve to win but only one can win and I might have to cry for about 30 minutes before even thinking on who to vote for.

Literally kill me now.

Edited by QueenMae16
  • Like 4

24 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

Literally kill me now.

No ma'am....you have to vote first and then we'll decide if you need killing or a metal for bravery.  🤣

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think merc has given us ever increasing levels of merciless torture.  Why then, do I feel the need to thank her for all the misery?   I'm so confused. 

Thanks....I guess. haha.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I'm glad Her Majesty The Queen made it to the final round in this game, despite being treated like a villian by some. 

Now "Mad World", "The Scientist" and "Hallelujah" are all equally amazing for me, but if I had to pick one, I would probably say "Hallelujah". Since that one has the better staging :haha:

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

This is actually hilarious though, imagine how embarrassing that must be lmfao

Voting for Amber because of her emoting in this song. I like singers that can emote, although I actually don't feel super passionate about either of these. I like "Make It Rain" and "A Case of You" more than these (and possibly some others, like "The Scientist").

2 hours ago, Spurrious said:

No ma'am....you have to vote first and then we'll decide if you need killing or a metal for bravery.  🤣

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think merc has given us ever increasing levels of merciless torture.  Why then, do I feel the need to thank her for all the misery?   I'm so confused. 

Thanks....I guess. haha.gif

You're welcome.. :P

Y'all did this to yourselves. 

Couple of notes: Because Maelyn's "Hallelujah" beat the overall #1, it had the easiest path to the finals. Queen being Queen has a huge fanbase advantage, but when it came to some of the best performances this show has had - that was equaled out a bit. Maelyn's "Hallelujah" squeaked by Matt's "Hallelujah" giving that performance an easy path. Meanwhile, Tessanne's performance squeaked by Maelyn's "The Scientist." So in essence, yes..Maelyn's Hallelujah is in the finale over "The Scientist" because of matchups. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, mercfan3 said:

You're welcome.. :P

Y'all did this to yourselves. 

Couple of notes: Because Maelyn's "Hallelujah" beat the overall #1, it had the easiest path to the finals. Queen being Queen has a huge fanbase advantage, but when it came to some of the best performances this show has had - that was equaled out a bit. Maelyn's "Hallelujah" squeaked by Matt's "Hallelujah" giving that performance an easy path. Meanwhile, Tessanne's performance squeaked by Maelyn's "The Scientist." So in essence, yes..Maelyn's Hallelujah is in the finale over "The Scientist" because of matchups. 

Makes sense.

Let me add my thanks for putting this together.  It's been entertaining!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, QueenMae16 said:

Weather my choice here is for The Queen or Queen Amber, I can't say really and I have not cast my vote yet.

Voting for Maelyn:

+ Maelyn is Maelyn

+ Angelic and flawless vocal control

+ Stellar rendition of "Hallelujah"

+ Easily the best winner of all seasons and showed that country trio of Blake's on why they should have stayed in their hillbilly towns cause they never had a chance against her.(I know this isn't about the performance, but its just a fun fact I love to give)

- Voting against Amber who is also Amber

- Objectively this isn't her best live show performance tbh(We still stan tho)  

- Its "Hallelujah" and the number of renditions/covers done sometimes makes me pull my hair out cause its just too overdone(although Maelyn shoved the other flop covers to their graves)

- Amber doesn't get to advance

Voting for Amber:

+ Amber is Amber

+ Powerful projection in her voice and knows how to clearly emote in this performance.

+ Showed that you can give the best performance of the night but still go home to Snoozebros and Barbie girl just because they are Team Blake and more "marketable"(Even though Amber is the true marketable queen and has the cross-over potential shown as opposed to the other 2 flops on Blake's team) 

- Voting against Maelyn in which the crime should be greater than any federal offense ever given in the history of anything on this planet/universe.

- Maelyn doesn't get to advance

So as you can see I'm trying to give the most objective and unbias view to clearly make sure my vote isn't tragic. But its going to be tragic because these 2 deserve to win but only one can win and I might have to cry for about 30 minutes before even thinking on who to vote for.

Literally kill me now.

I agreed with a lot of this but then you flopped when you insulted Danielle. I do think Amber is probably the most underrated and overlooked contestant on in the shows history and she certainly deserved to place higher than the Swan Brothers and whoever got 3rd place but we don't need to insult Danielle  who is awesome as well.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, QueenKalie said:

I agreed with a lot of this but then you flopped when you insulted Danielle. I do think Amber is probably the most underrated and overlooked contestant on in the shows history and she certainly deserved to place higher than the Swan Brothers and whoever got 3rd place but we don't need to insult Danielle  who is awesome as well.

I agree.  Danielle is in year 8 of her record contract in a genre that in not known for supporting women. How does that not put her at the top of the "marketable" contestants list?   

btw It's Swon Brothers not Swan. 

• Like 1

On 9/21/2020 at 2:25 AM, Daillon said:

Voted. I wanted Dream On, HOTRS or Let Him Fly to win this, but since that can’t happen, I voted for Sad, which is one of my Top 10 favorite performances ever.

I am expecting Hallelujah to win tho.

Edited by Hamza Tufail

Watched and voted.

I really love "Sad"...even more than "Stay" I think.  There's just something about the minimal staging, the lighting, and the camera work that add so much to the performance.  Not to mention the amazing voice coming from such a beautiful woman.

But again... Maelyn is Maelyn.  She is the best vocalist the show has ever seen imo...and even tho this is not my favorite of her lives, it's still enough to take the title for me.

Maelyn for the win.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, ATX29 said:

Watched and voted.

I really love "Sad"...even more than "Stay" I think.  There's just something about the minimal staging, the lighting, and the camera work that add so much to the performance.  Not to mention the amazing voice coming from such a beautiful woman.

But again... Maelyn is Maelyn.  She is the best vocalist the show has ever seen imo...and even tho this is not my favorite of her lives, it's still enough to take the title for me.

Maelyn for the win.

Actually, I like Stay better but, in any case, Queen is 100% all the time.  With all due respect, Amber is 100% most of the time.  

I'm sure whoever wins deserves the crown. 

crown2.jpg.70328acb17b9192ec006c9e08ed9bc4c.jpg

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Spurrious said:

Actually, I like Stay better but, in any case, Queen is 100% all the time.  With all due respect, Amber is 100% most of the time.  

I'm sure whoever wins deserves the crown. 

crown2.jpg.70328acb17b9192ec006c9e08ed9bc4c.jpg

You would know better than I.  I've only seen Amber at her best, which is awfully damn good, but I have not seen all her performances.

I have seen all of Maelyn's...and there is not so much as a missed breath in any of them.

Queen of consistency (among a lot of other things)

• Like 5

Voting has officially ended, and results are in. 

Thank you so much for all of the participation. (Almost 70 votes for the finale!) I had a blast making this thread and game, and I'm thinking of doing one for The Voice Blinds. I also hope people enjoyed looking back at past performances, or seeing them for the first time. I have to say, that was one of the most fun elements for me. Like - I know Josh Kaufman was eliminated early, but he was one where..I forgot how great he was. (And again, all performances that made the top 64 were outstanding).

Although I was a little surprised (although - maybe I shouldn't have been), at the Finale, the top 2 performances are undeniably fantastic. Maelyn is one of the best  and most consistent singers to ever appear on this show. She's technically brilliant, and her voice is stunning. She delivered night after night. The only thing I'd ever be critical of is that her season didn't give us enough performances from her. Ironically, when I first heard Maelyn, she reminded me of Amber. Again, one of the most talented vocalists to ever appear on this show. When she was on..she was special. And she was certainly "on" for her performance of "Sad." 

So..Results are in..and the winner is......

Undeniably one of the best performances in Voice history. And an excellent representation of what is still one of the greatest (if not THE greatest) Voice season's in history. (And for those who haven't heard it, look up the studio...it is stunning.) 

Edited by mercfan3
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1