Voice Madness

mercfan3

2 hours ago, QueenKalie said:

:dead: 

But please forgive me Maelyn for my votes against you :(

Queen is a gracious angel so she may forgive you.  However,  I'm a obstinate Stan who will be honor bound to reply to your future posts with:  "Say's the guy who voted against Maelyn".   No hard feelings. 🙂

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, QueenKalie said:

:dead: 

But please forgive me Maelyn for my votes against you :(

I couldn't do it.

I think Tessane's I Have Nothing is probably the most technically perfect performance in the show's history, and I would have been the biggest Amber stan had I been watching the show at that time...

But Maelyn is Maelyn.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, ATX29 said:

I couldn't do it.

I think Tessane's I Have Nothing is probably the most technically perfect performance in the show's history, and I would have been the biggest Amber stan had I been watching the show at that time...

But Maelyn is Maelyn.

I did watch the show and love me some Amber and Tessane but yes.... Maelyn is Maelyn. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ATX29 said:

I couldn't do it.

But Maelyn is Maelyn.

I was watching the show when Amber was around and probably have a stronger emotional bond to the older school contestants then I do with the newer ones. But Maelyn is amazing no doubt about that.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ATX29 said:

I couldn't do it.

But Maelyn is Maelyn.

This, just this.

• Like 2

Sorry you missed S4 ATX29...you would have loved Amber...and Holly...and several others.    While we wait for the results.....this is what the show did in it's hay day.....frequent contestant duet performances.   This one is two of my favorite snowflakes going toe to toe in a non-competition performance.  It actually very sad they rarely do this kind of thing any more.  Finalist typically got in 20+ performances during their run on the show.  

Amber and Danielle

What the heck...here's another one.  Sarah Simmon and Danielle

Can't stop...... Amber and Holly

#S4WaffleHeaven

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Spurrious said:

Sorry you missed S4 ATX29...you would have loved Amber...and Holly...and several others.    While we wait for the results.....this is what the show did in it's hay day.....frequent contestant duet performances.   This one is two of my favorite snowflakes going toe to toe in a non-competition performance.  It actually very sad they rarely do this kind of thing any more.  Finalist typically got in 20+ performances during their run on the show.  

Amber and Danielle

What the heck...here's another one.  Sarah Simmon and Danielle

Can't stop...... Amber and Holly

#S4WaffleHeaven

Thanks for this!  Really wish I could go back and watch that season in it's entirety.  Waffle heaven indeed...and sounds like a really great format (feeling even more robbed now with S16 and Maelyn.)

Great duets above.  You're right...I would have been a fan of all those ladies.

Amber tho...

ice freeze GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, ATX29 said:

Thanks for this!  Really wish I could go back and watch that season in it's entirety.  Waffle heaven indeed...and sounds like a really great format (feeling even more robbed now with S16 and Maelyn.)

Amber tho...

ice freeze GIF

If you threw Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood's voices in a blender, you'd get something pretty similar to Amber - which is probably why she's my personal favorite of the S4 girl gang. And it's a great throwback to when the show was more contestant-focused. Imagine if we'd gotten more of those duets/group numbers in recent seasons - even in the-widely revered season 13, we only got ~a dozen performances from finalists (including the team numbers, coach duets in the finale, and celebrity duets in the finale) compared to Danielle's 20+ as the season 4 winner.

• Like 2

It's a good thing I only have emotional attachments to recent seasons. It took me less than three seconds to decide. Most of that time involved the Kimberly VS Addison match up :haha:

I voted for Maelyn in all of her pairings. From the rest, "I Have Nothing" was the most impressive (vocals + fireworks), but I have nothing for Tessane this round. Maelyn's vocals could slay old school soul in her sleep and I prefer Queen's Alt pop style here, so this was very clear to me. 

Addison VS Kimberly - I watched these expecting me to prefer Kimberly but somehow I didn't like it much this time. I'm probably comparing it to the original way too much, since not so long I've been hearing that version.

Anyways, Voted for Addison’s consistency here, this was probably her best performance on the show. :thumbs:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, echoap said:

It's a good thing I only have emotional attachments to recent seasons. It took me less than three seconds to decide. Most of that time involved the Kimberly VS Addison match up :haha:

I voted for Maelyn in all of her pairings. From the rest, "I Have Nothing" was the most impressive (vocals + fireworks), but I have nothing for Tessane this round. Maelyn's vocals could slay old school soul in her sleep and I prefer Queen's Alt pop style here, so this was very clear to me. 

Addison VS Kimberly - I watched these expecting me to prefer Kimberly but somehow I didn't like it much this time. I'm probably comparing it to the original way too much, since not so long I've been hearing that version.

Anyways, Voted for Addison’s consistency here, this was probably her best performance on the show. :thumbs:

Legendary voting record tbh.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, VintageVoice said:

If you threw Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood's voices in a blender, you'd get something pretty similar to Amber - which is probably why she's my personal favorite of the S4 girl gang. And it's a great throwback to when the show was more contestant-focused. Imagine if we'd gotten more of those duets/group numbers in recent seasons - even in the-widely revered season 13, we only got ~a dozen performances from finalists (including the team numbers, coach duets in the finale, and celebrity duets in the finale) compared to Danielle's 20+ as the season 4 winner.

I can see that.  From what I can tell Amber had a lot of range.  Love the sound when she switches from chest to head voice in that duet with Danielle and her tone is very pleasing to my ear.  Total package.

1 minute ago, mercfan3 said:

Amber wasn't the most consistent vocalist.

However, at her best..she might have been the show's best. 

I only remember only 2 setbacks of her many performances. "Breakaway" and "Firework" but they still weren't even bad bad. Like Swon Brothers bad or Danielle boring lmao. But yes she was easily the supreme vocalist of S4 "Sad" "Skyfall "Stay" "Crazy" "I'm Gonna Love You Through It" ICONIC!

• Like 3

10 hours ago, ATX29 said:

Amber tho...

ice freeze GIF

mercfan3 is right, when she was on, she was stunning.  Maelyn and Amber was the hardest match up since the start of Voice Madness. 

I will remain forever pressed Amber didn't make the finals.  Despite comments to the contrary I blame Adam for allowing his star to choke on Firework.  IMO he could have thrown her a Reba, Martina or Carrie tune and she would have breezed into the finals.  

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Spurrious said:

mercfan3 is right, when she was on, she was stunning.  Maelyn and Amber was the hardest match up since the start of Voice Madness. 

I will remain forever pressed Amber didn't make the finals.  Despite comments to the contrary I blame Adam for allowing his star to choke on Firework.  IMO he could have thrown her a Reba, Martina or Carrie tune and she would have breezed into the finals.  

Firework sounds like a bus for sure.  I'm gonna have to try and find that performance.

But yes...I can just imagine Amber sing Reba's "Does He Love You."  And it sounds amazing in my head.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ATX29 said:

Firework sounds like a bus for sure.  I'm gonna have to try and find that performance.

But yes...I can just imagine Amber sing Reba's "Does He Love You."  And it sounds amazing in my head.

Well of course you can....that was the Amber/Holly duet I posted.  😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Spurrious said:

She did Carrie for her blinds and had already done Martina; something spunkier by Reba would've been a great balance for Sad, but alas, it didn't happen.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Spurrious said:

I think she deserved finals from the few performances I've seen - which should be taken with a grain of salt because not only did I not watch S4, but I also happen to think pretty much all of the members of the "girl squad" of icons from S4 deserved finale (Replace Swon Brothers please 👎🤢). 

I do have a question though, since you imply that Adam chose Firework. Since many today think that the producers pick song choices, when do you think the switch happened (or do you believe that the switch never occurred) - and when that switch occurred, did you notice a change in quality of the show, or a change in the amount of bussing/pimping?

I didn't imply that.  I said "Despite comments to the contrary I blame Adam".  Amber claimed she picked Firework.  From what list we'll never know but Adam should have known or found out that even Katy couldn't sing the studio version of Firework live.  Katy said it had studio created notes she couldn't hit so she changed the key....down a few notes... when she sang it live....a little coaching please. 

Adam has a “go for it” style. I actually miss him on the show because his coaching created moments..and the Cato strophes were kind of fun of it wasn’t your favorite contestant. Like, Chris Jamison’s “Magic Mike” songlist would have been hysterical had I not been a fan of Chris.

For no Amber in the finale, I blame Blake. Giving the only male group “Danny’s Song.” He knew that would be a moment. Got greedy and wanted two finalists. :P 

I don’t think a bus was needed with anyone. The show wanted Danielle and Michelle. All indications were they were gonna get it, no problem. It was just Adam being Adam and overshooting..and Blake being Blake and knowing when to pull the trigger. 

Danielle/Michelle/Amber finale would have been the finale to end all finales..

also, since we’re throwing them up here..Season 4: Diamonds (featuring the non country part of the girl squad)

Edited by mercfan3
  • Like 4

Results are in! Again, thank you so much for all of the participation guys. Some of these battles were very close. 

#TeamAdamBracket

#9 Seed: Maelyn Jarmon - Hallelujah defeats #4 Seed: Danielle Bradbery - Please Remember Me

#6 Seed: Addison Agen - A Case of You defeats #2 Seed Kimerbly Nichole - What's Up 

#TeamBlakeBracket

#1 Seed: Tessanne Chin - I Have Nothing defeats #12 Seed: Maelyn Jarmon - Mad World

#2 Seed: Maelyn Jarmon - The Scientist defeats #6 Seed: Amber Carrington Stay 

So..to reach the Final Four, we will have..

#9 Seed: Maelyn Jarmon - Hallelujah vs #6 Seed: Addison Agen - A Case of You

and

#1 Seed: Tessanne Chin - I Have Nothing vs #2 Seed: Maelyn Jarmon - The Scientist

I will update shortly with the next two brackets

Edited by mercfan3

The second night of the Sweet 16 is as follows..voting ends Sunday at 6pm. (One of these matchups hurts my soul, guys..) 

VOTE HERE

#TeamChristinaBracket

#8 Seed: Kennedy Holmes - Confident

vs.

#4 Seed: Amber Carrington - Sad

--------------------------------

#2 Seed: Jacquie Lee - I Put A Spell On You

vs.

#6 Seed: Michelle Chamuel - Just Give Me A Reason 

-------------------------

#TeamUsherBracket

#8 Seed: Michelle Chamuel - Why