45 minutes ago, mercfan3 said:

The Semi-Finals are here, and our Final Four are competing for the finale. Voting will end Saturday at noon. (A little extra time for some votes). As always, I'm going to encourage everyone to actually watch the performances. All of them are incredible. (And I say that as someone who probably would have chosen a completely different top 4 as my personal top 4. )

VOTE HERE

#9 Seed: Maelyn Jarmon - Hallelujah

vs.

#4 Seed: Tessanne Chin - Bridge Over Troubled Water

-----------------

#4 Seed: Amber Carrington - Sad

vs.

#1 Seed: Tessanne Chin - I Have Nothing 

Voted. Even if it isn’t my preferred Final Four by any means, these are all great performances. Rooting for either BOTW or Sad to win it all.

Edited by Daillon
  • Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Voting has officially ended, and results are in.    Thank you so much for all of the participation. (Almost 70 votes for the finale!) I had a blast making this thread and game, and I'm think

Quick summary of this round:   1.  There are no wrong votes. 2.  Every single vote is wrong.

How the f*** did "The Scientist" lose? Like I love you Tessanne my girl, but that performance was emotionally crippling and made me cry like wtf?   Fine its okay, I'm okay, everything is oka

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Daillon said:

Voted. Even if it isn’t my preferred Final Four by any means, these are all great performances. Rooting for either BOTW or Sad to win it all.

My preferable top four was Somebody To Love (Jordan Smith), I Have Nothing (Tessanne Chin), Dream On(Amanda Brown) and Roxanne(Juliet Simms) but these top four are really great as well so I'm fine with it.

Well, Queen is living proof that you don't need to showcase every single note in your range or copy the original singer to sound spectacular. Let's go! Queen Maelyn for the win! :clap:

• Haha 1

How the f*** did "The Scientist" lose? Like I love you Tessanne my girl, but that performance was emotionally crippling and made me cry like wtf?

Fine its okay, I'm okay, everything is okay. 

Anyways, voted for Amber and Maelyn here, sorry Tessanne. But Maelyn and Amber are..... you know.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
4 hours ago, mercfan3 said:

Voting has ended, and results are in. We have our final four. 

This round featured a ton of participation again (47 votes!) and one of the closest battles we've had (separated by a vote). Thanks to everyone who participated. I hope people enjoyed looking back at some amazing performances. At the end of the day, I hope there is just an appreciation for the talent we have gotten to see after 17 seasons. There are quite a few other performances that could have been in this top 8 and that says a lot about the talent we have gotten to witness. 

So....Results:

#9 Seed: Maelyn Jarmon - Hallelujah defeats #6 Seed: Addison Agen - A Case Of You....So..our Maelyn's Cinderella performance is the winner of the #TeamAdam Bracket

#4 Seed: Amber Carrington - Sad defeats #2 Seed: Jacquie Lee - I Put A Spell On You...Amber Carrington is the winner of the #TeamXtina Bracket

#1 Seed: Tessanne Chin - I Have Nothing defeats #2 Seed: Maelyn Jarmon - The Scientist...Tessanne is the winner of the #TeamBlake Bracket

#4 Seed: Tessanne Chin - Bridge Over Troubled Water defeats #2 Seed: Koryn Hawthorne - Make It Rain....Tessanne is the winner of the #TeamUsher Bracket (Tessanne displaying the sneaky dominance in this tournament that she had during her season) 

So..we have our Final Four. The Semi-Finals will be posted shortly, we will have: 

#9 Seed: Maelyn Jarmon - Hallelujah vs. #4 Seed: Tessanne Chin - Bridge Over Troubled Water

#4 Seed: Amber Carrington - Sad vs. #1 Seed: Tessanne Chin - I Have Nothing 

I am sad that we lost Addison on this one :(, but Maelyn did deserve a position in the finale. 

Amber deserved her win, although I voted for Jacquie. Amber is not quite my style, but she is very clearly a talented singer 🙂

I am happy that tessanne won here, but I think that Koryn should have won the final one T^T

So off topic, but I love that when I finish these The Voice performances, the next video in queue is a movie in another language 90% of the time (with the other 10% of the time being some celebrity news video).

I think Maelyn's "The Scientist" is the best performance in the show's history and deserved a place in the final 4 at least.  That being said, there's no denying that "I Have Nothing" is also deserving.  Just like in sports, the luck of the draw is sometimes the most critical aspect of a tournament.

Those 2 performances could have easily been the final 2 if the draw were different I think.

I don't have a problem with results.

• Like 3

The main issue with The Scientist’s elimination for me is that we had three Maelyn performances on the game and the worst one ended up being the last one standing (Hallelujah is great, but Mad World and The Scientist are considerably better).

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
7 minutes ago, ATX29 said:

I think Maelyn's "The Scientist" is the best performance in the show's history and deserved a place in the final 4 at least.  That being said, there's no denying that "I Have Nothing" is also deserving.  Just like in sports, the luck of the draw is sometimes the most critical aspect of a tournament.

Those 2 performances could have easily been the final 2 if the draw were different I think.

I don't have a problem with results.

I did not expect - and am pleasantly surprised by - the level of Tessanne dominance that happened throughout the bracket competitions. 

For me, Tessanne was never a performer that emotionally grabbed me. But she's also the person who I consider the best singer to ever compete on the show - and no contestant has ever made me even think about reconsidering that position. (Jacquie -  is her only competition post show, IMO) 

There is no shame in losing to "I Have Nothing." In fact, I think it would have been the winning performance of any season. 

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, Daillon said:

The main issue with The Scientist’s elimination for me is that we had three Maelyn performances on the game and the worst one ended up being the last one standing (Hallelujah is great, but Mad World and The Scientist are considerably better).

Personally, although I love Mad World, ever since someone mentioned how they thought "the high note in Mad World sounded painful," I can kind of see where they're coming from. Although I still love the performance, the note makes me wince a little now :( 

I'd say The Scientist is her best 

30 minutes ago, mercfan3 said:

I did not expect - and am pleasantly surprised by - the level of Tessanne dominance that happened throughout the bracket competitions. 

For me, Tessanne was never a performer that emotionally grabbed me. But she's also the person who I consider the best singer to ever compete on the show - and no contestant has ever made me even think about reconsidering that position. (Jacquie -  is her only competition post show, IMO) 

There is no shame in losing to "I Have Nothing." In fact, I think it would have been the winning performance of any season. 

Maelyn is my personal favorite but I can't really argue with this.  Tessane is definitely royalty on this show.

As you mentioned before, this whole thing is a reminder of just how much the show has given it's fans.

• Like 1

After a long tournament, results for the finale are in!

#9 Seed: Maelyn Jarmon - Hallelujah defeats #4 Seed: Tessanne Chin - Bridge Over Troubled Water

#4 Seed: Amber Carrington - Sad defeats #1 Seed: Tessanne Chin - I Have Nothing

The finale will be posted tomorrow. We will have:

#9 Seed: Maelyn Jarmon - Hallelujah vs. #4 Seed: Amber Carrington - Sad

• Confused 1
1 hour ago, mercfan3 said:

After a long tournament, results for the finale are in!

#9 Seed: Maelyn Jarmon - Hallelujah defeats #4 Seed: Tessanne Chin - Bridge Over Troubled Water

#4 Seed: Amber Carrington - Sad defeats #1 Seed: Tessanne Chin - I Have Nothing

The finale will be posted tomorrow. We will have:

#9 Seed: Maelyn Jarmon - Hallelujah vs. #4 Seed: Amber Carrington - Sad

I was sure that at least one of Tess’ performances would make it to the finale, so that was a surprise.

About the finale, both great performances but imo Sad is the better of the two.

Amber's Sad! slay, okay I'm faced with an impossible decision though....

Of course Queen is Queen, but Amber's Sad was everything I-

I may have to cancel myself after the next vote cause voting against either one would be tragic.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
21 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

I may have to cancel myself after the next vote cause voting against either one would be tragic.

We're all cancelled after this arduous journey of unthinkable decisions :( 

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, QueenMae16 said:

Yes ma'am....it would have been easier for me if it was "The Scientist" but it is what it is.  That said...Queen is Queen and I would die fighting on that hill.

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, ATX29 said:

Only Queen could win this thing with her 3rd best live performance.

We stan.

Just wanted to salute your genius sir.

giphy.gif

• Like 2