Voice Madness

mercfan3

51 minutes ago, mercfan3 said:

Results are in! Again, thank you so much for all of the participation guys. Some of these battles were very close. 

#TeamAdamBracket

#9 Seed: Maelyn Jarmon - Hallelujah defeats #4 Seed: Danielle Bradbery - Please Remember Me

#6 Seed: Addison Agen - A Case of You defeats #2 Seed Kimerbly Nichole - What's Up 

#TeamBlakeBracket

#1 Seed: Tessanne Chin - I Have Nothing defeats #12 Seed: Maelyn Jarmon - Mad World

#2 Seed: Maelyn Jarmon - The Scientist defeats #6 Seed: Amber Carrington Stay 

So..to reach the Final Four, we will have..

#9 Seed: Maelyn Jarmon - Hallelujah vs #6 Seed: Addison Agen - A Case of You

and

#1 Seed: Tessanne Chin - I Have Nothing vs #2 Seed: Maelyn Jarmon - The Scientist

I will update shortly with the next two brackets

I'm really happy with these results.  But also pissed.

I may be bipolar.

• Haha 3

50 minutes ago, mercfan3 said:

The second night of the Sweet 16 is as follows..voting ends Sunday at 6pm. (One of these matchups hurts my soul, guys..) 

Well, usually, I would be compassionate and understanding but Karma demands a somewhat different response.

200.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Voted for:

Kennedy over Amber (I know, I was shocked too!!! I actually don't like Kennedy in this performance, but I think after everyone hyped up this performance of Amber's, I felt a little let down. I also don't like her transition from her chest voice into her head voice for some reason? I've noticed this in other songs. Overall, I don't particularly care who wins either way).

Jacquie over Michelle (Jacquie's performance was just a little more exciting for me).

Tessanne over Michelle (Tessanne was incredible in this performance, and I personally find Michelle's voice somewhat underwhelming).

Koryn over Juliette (I liked both of them here; this was the hardest matchup for me, but this was still clear for me. Although I liked both, Koryn was just amazing in this performance).

Honestly, this bracket was... really easy for me - especially compared to the last bracket.

In this bracket, I felt rly passionate about 0/8 performances (I guess I could argue for Tessanne/Koryn/Jacquie), and in the last bracket, I felt passionate about 5-6/8 (this was... definitely because of Maelyn's several performances LOL). 

Edited by ashwinner

4 minutes ago, B-B said:

I’m sad that Kimberly lost. One of my all-time favorite performances 🙁

Even though I voted against it - as Addison is my all-time favorite - I am sad that it went as well (I wish the matchups were different), because that was an incredible performance.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, mercfan3 said:

#TeamAdamBracket

#9 Seed: Maelyn Jarmon - Hallelujah defeats #4 Seed: Danielle Bradbery - Please Remember Me

#6 Seed: Addison Agen - A Case of You defeats #2 Seed Kimerbly Nichole - What's Up 

#TeamBlakeBracket

#1 Seed: Tessanne Chin - I Have Nothing defeats #12 Seed: Maelyn Jarmon - Mad World

#2 Seed: Maelyn Jarmon - The Scientist defeats #6 Seed: Amber Carrington Stay 

For the first time ever all of my predictions were right

• Haha 1

innately

7 hours ago, QueenKalie said:

So close to a Maelyn vs Maelyn final. 😂

Say's the guy who voted against Maelyn. 🙂

BTW: it would be a Maelyn + Maelyn final, not vs.   Anything involving Queen's mellisonant voice is innately additive and never ever conflictory.

• Like 2

~Amber VS Kennedy(Kennedy was at her best at this performance and this was so great but I just can't  vote against Amber in this situation. Kennedy is really good but voting against Amber's  Sad feels like a crime to me)

~Jaquie Lee VS Michelle Chamuel(This was a really tough one. I ended up voting Jaquie cz I remember being so shocked to see a 16 years old girl sing that song wiith so much power and precision. Michelle was also great in this performance her energy is very infectious) 

~Tessanne  Chin VS Michelle Chamuel(Sorry Michelle for voting against you twice but you can't beat THE QUEEN TESSANNE CHIN{Of course it's  just my opinion })

~Juliet Simms VS koryn Hawthrone(Make It Rain is good but juliet's Roxanne is everything great start great vocals,  great stage presence and great ending) 

Edited by Zainab Tufail
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Zainab Tufail said:

~Amber VS Kennedy(Kennedy was at her best at this performance and this was so great but I just can't  vote against Amber in this situation. Kennedy is really good but voting against Amber's  Sad feels like a crime to me)

~Jaquie Lee VS Michelle Chamuel(This was a really tough one. I ended up voting Jaquie cz I remember being so shocked to see a 16 years old girl sing that song wiith so much power and precision. Michelle was also great in this performance her energy is very infectious) 

~Tessanne  Chin VS Michelle Chamuel(Sorry Michelle for voting against you twice but you can't beat THE QUEEN TESSANNE CHIN{Of course it's  just my opinion })

~Juliet Simms VS koryn Hawthrone(Make It Rain is good but juliet's Roxanne is everything great start great vocals,  great stage presence and great ending) 

I think this is what you call an unholy alliance.  Those are my picks as well. 

----------------------------------------------------------------

I always loved Juliet's Roxanne but in the light of Voice Madness I'm surprised how well it holds up against other heavy weight performances.  That is truly a spectacular performance in any league.  If I didn't  know better and someone said, hey check out this performance from the Grammy Awards last night...I'd have Christiana's reaction....her voice is dope.  I've played that dozens of times since we started this. Also, mercfan3 mentioned the studio version a few weeks ago...yep I added it to my Apple Music playlist. It's less raw (a minus) and more precise (a plus) than the live version but man it's good.    ❤️ 

https://music.apple.com/us/album/roxanne-the-voice-performance-single/1445176738

• Like 1

Sorry for the delay, but the votes are in!

Results for #TeamXtinaBracket

#4 Seed: Amber Carrington - Sad defeats #8 Seed: Kennedy Holmes - Confident 

#2 Seed: Jacquie Lee - I put A Spell On You defeats #6 Seed: Michelle Chamuel - Just Give Me A Reason

Results for #TeamUsherBracket

#4 Seed: Tessanne Chin - Bridge Over Troubled Water defeats #8 Seed: Michelle Chamuel - Why

#2 Seed: Koryn Hawthorne - Make It Rain defeats # 6 Seed: Juliet Simms - Roxanne

Our Top 8 Will battle it off next round (which will be posted shortly) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Top 8

We started with 64 and in one round, we will be at our top 4. The winningest coach in college basketball called this round the most difficult. I expect some of you will cry with the decisions you will have to make. 🙃 (TBH, there is only one clear winner for me here)  voting ends Sunday at noon.

VOTE HERE

#TeamAdamBracket

#9 Seed: Maelyn Jarmon - Hallelujah

vs

#6 Seed: Addison Agen - A Case of You

https://www.metatube.com/en/videos/365576/The-Voice-2017-Addison-Agen-Top-11-A-Case-of-You/

----------------

#TeamBlakeBracket

#1 Seed: Tessanne Chin - I Have Nothing

vs

#2 Seed: Maelyn Jarmon - The Scientist 

--------------------

#TeamXtinaBracket

#4 Seed: Amber Carrington - Sad

vs

#2 Seed: Jacquie Lee - I Put A Spell On You 

------------------

#TeamUsherBracket

#4 Seed: Tessanne Chin - Bridge Over Troubled Water

vs. 

#2 Seed: Koryn Hawthorne - Make It Rain 

Edited by mercfan3

5 hours ago, ATX29 said:

That Juliet v Koryn matchup was a really tough one to vote on.  In the end though (for me), tone is everything.  Koryn's tone, particularly on that song, was like liquid gold. So rich and heavy.  I had to vote for her.

I made the same decision; at this point, unfortunately, all of these performances deserve to move on :( 

~Addison Agen VS Maelyn Jarmon(Addison is the QUEEN when it comes to emotion,  the amount of emotion she puts in a performance is really outstanding and hard to ignore,  Maelyn is also good but I prefer Mathew's version a bit more) 

~Tessanne Chin VS Maelyn Jarmon(Tess' I Have Nothing is one of the if not the most TECHNICAL performance of all time and also my top 3 fav performances ever,  It was a little hard because The Scientist was also really amazingly done by Maelyn) 

~Amber Carrington VS Jaquie Lee(I really love IPASOY but I can't vote against Amber) 

~Tessanne Chin VS Koryn Hawthrone(Tessanne is just a slayer who slayed this song as well, It was a great showdown of vocals+emotion)

Sorry Maelyn for voting against you twice but you were up against two of my top 3 fav female contestants of all time(Though I know maelyn will win in both matchups) 

Edited by Zainab Tufail
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/7/2020 at 1:52 PM, Zainab Tufail said:

😰😰💔💔🥺

On 9/7/2020 at 6:06 PM, David68 said:

Sad Roxanne had to go. :( Been a lurking voter.

20 hours ago, randomgirl said:

I've been a lurking voter, but I'm sad that Roxanne had to go.

NGL...I'm mad about that.

• Like 1