Bradbery had the largest fan thread on the old site. Granted a lot of the posts were just things like heart emojis to keep it on the front page but she does have the type of obsessive fans I was talking about. 
Alisan’s fan base dried up when she didnt release any new music. Not really her fault as she got no support from Republic. 
I wonder if Jarmon will follow the same trajectory. (Begins running from angry mob, hoping I dont get caught before the next season distracts them) 😝

• Haha 4
  • Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Voting has officially ended, and results are in.    Thank you so much for all of the participation. (Almost 70 votes for the finale!) I had a blast making this thread and game, and I'm think

Quick summary of this round:   1.  There are no wrong votes. 2.  Every single vote is wrong.

How the f*** did "The Scientist" lose? Like I love you Tessanne my girl, but that performance was emotionally crippling and made me cry like wtf?   Fine its okay, I'm okay, everything is oka

Posted Images

12 hours ago, HelenaHandbasket said:

She was. But IDF is extremely fickle for the most part.

That's a very simplistic view. The thing is that most people are here for entertainment. Favorites are part of this, but the show itself (entertainment) is what IDF is ultimately looking for. 

Unless there are a group of hard core obsessive stans backing a contestant* 

Yes, you only need 1 hard-core obsessive Stan to keep a fan thread alive. The Jordan Smith fan thread was a very good example of this. 

you can pretty much set your clock on a “queen” being forgotten about within 3 or 4 seasons. 

That happens everywhere on this forum, no need to be Sherlock Holmes to realize that. Even fan threads from active artists barely get content after a couple of years.

People age, interests change. No one needs to feel obligated to support a contestant. 

*Bradbery and Jarmon are the top 2 contenders for the “contestant most likely to inspire a cult” on this board. 

Isn't anyone's fault if your snowflake isn't getting the love you think he deserves, everyone is free to enjoy whatever they like. If you're judging what other people peacefully enjoy, maybe you're the one who follows a cult. 

-------------------------

Also, can you stop derailing this thread with your comments. I was getting some laughs with things like "AlisSa is beLtter then Maelyn" and you came out of nowhere killing all the fun. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
16 hours ago, HelenaHandbasket said:

She was. But IDF is extremely fickle for the most part. Unless there are a group of hard core obsessive stans backing a contestant* you can pretty much set your clock on a “queen” being forgotten about within 3 or 4 seasons. 

*Bradbery and Jarmon are the top 2 contenders for the “contestant most likely to inspire a cult” on this board. 

It's a little more complicated than that.  You have to factor in Alisan's hard turn into country music.  The luster of her taking out a legit country contestant in the finals faded when they discovered she was one of "them". Woops!  Many of her IDF "fans" found that a pill too big to swallow....it slid right down for me though.  FTR:  Alisan is still a Queen in my book she's just not The Queen. 

It's also incorrect to say she didn't release any music ....her Country album "Pink  Cloud" was released almost a year ago. 

1 hour ago, echoap said:

Also, can you stop derailing this thread with your comments. I was getting some laughs with things like "AlisSa is beLtter then Maelyn" and you came out of nowhere killing all the fun. 

I was replying to another user’s question as to why I thought Alisan didn’t do better in this particular contest. You were under no obligation to read my reply. Feel free to block me. (Is that still a feature on this site?) But I am still free to express my opinion; if it offends you then thats too bad. 

And yes I am a Jordan fan. But I tended to only post in his thread when there was a reason to, like an appearance or when he released music. When it became apparent that IDF didnt really care about his successes I stopped. Now if he did something important like dye his hair I might have to start up again. Lol. 

Mercfan3, if my comments are bothering you please let me know via DM and I will refrain. Since this is your thread I will respect your wishes. 

Edited by HelenaHandbasket
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, HelenaHandbasket said:

Bradbery had the largest fan thread on the old site. Granted a lot of the posts were just things like heart emojis to keep it on the front page but she does have the type of obsessive fans I was talking about. 
Alisan’s fan base dried up when she didnt release any new music. Not really her fault as she got no support from Republic. 
I wonder if Jarmon will follow the same trajectory. (Begins running from angry mob, hoping I dont get caught before the next season distracts them) 😝

I am not a diehard fan of Alison , I Stan Jordan as he is my fav contestant ever. But thanks for all the information because I was thinking Danielle isn't liked here but I was wrong . Now I understand how she managed to beat Jaquie and Katie she must have her fans participating . So as you said Bradbury and Jarmon are the snowflakes of IDF . So my only curiosity is who will win when Maelyn VS Danielle matchup will happen .

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, HelenaHandbasket said:

I was replying to another user’s question as to why I thought Alisan didn’t do better in this particular contest. You were under no obligation to read my reply. Feel free to block me. (Is that still a feature on this site?) But I am still free to express my opinion; if it offends you then thats too bad. 

Haha, so you were just replying to a rhetorical question? lmao, nice try, but you're off topic and you know it. 

And why should I block you or ask mercfan if I could dm a mod to delete all of your off topic stuff. I'm pretty sure that would make you think twice next time you post here. 

16 minutes ago, HelenaHandbasket said:

And yes I am a Jordan fan. But I tended to only post in his thread when there was a reason to, like an appearance or when he released music. When it became apparent that IDF didnt really care his successes I stopped. Now if he did something important like dye his hair I might have to start up again. Lol. 

It took you way too much. Imo. 😜

• Like 1

I’m not touching these fan wars with a ten foot pole, but I’ll just say IDF much prefers reliving memories over supporting the contestants, post-show. This is mostly true of the entire audience of the show, which is why they need to build a fanbase of non-Voice watchers as quickly as possible. There are exceptions, of course, but it’s a really small group of people. Just look at all the “Queen” threads buried several pages deep. Some of them were my snowflakes too. If they give me a reason, I’ll gladly dig them up. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 2

Please remember everyone is allowed to express their opinions, as long as it is done so respectfully. If you disagree with someone's thoughts, it is up to you to choose how you respond (or don't respond), but there is no need to create any conflict. Everyone should feel comfortable posting without being ridiculed. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Please just remain respectful with contestants. 🙂 

This is meant to be fun - and a trip down memory lane. Some of these contestants had huge fanbases (Alisan), some have them and are newer (Maelyn), and some have them..but newer fans don't realize it because they are from older seasons (Bradbery)..

I just want to encourage people to actually watch the performances instead of voting based on who you like - because that's the whole point. But I'd also say be respectful. Every single one of these performances are fantastic IMO. 

The problem is that when we get to the point where snowflake VS snowflake happens, then we have either bitter fans complaining about the results or these same fans attacking contestants/fans who are doing well, which it's not the point of the thread and may influence the voting in the long run. That's why I'm not a big fan of these type of games lol. 

Now, back to the topic, Maelyn is my favorite so "The Scientist", "Hallelujah" and "Mad World" are gonna be really hard to beat. I would put "Stay" in this same category but Queen was sick during this performance, so even though I love this performance, I'm trying to be a bit objective lul. 

Voted.  Very tough round.  3 favorites and 1 underdog for me.  I've rewatched Michelle v Juliet twice and am still not overly confident in my vote.  

15 minutes ago, ATX29 said:

Voted.  Very tough round.  3 favorites and 1 underdog for me.  I've rewatched Michelle v Juliet twice and am still not overly confident in my vote.  

This is the closest round voting wise, from the results so far. 

• Like 1
On 8/23/2020 at 5:58 AM, echoap said:

That's a very simplistic view. The thing is that most people are here for entertainment. Favorites are part of this, but the show itself (entertainment) is what IDF is ultimately looking for. 

Yes, you only need 1 hard-core obsessive Stan to keep a fan thread alive. The Jordan Smith fan thread was a very good example of this. 

That happens everywhere on this forum, no need to be Sherlock Holmes to realize that. Even fan threads from active artists barely get content after a couple of years.

People age, interests change. No one needs to feel obligated to support a contestant. 

Isn't anyone's fault if your snowflake isn't getting the love you think he deserves, everyone is free to enjoy whatever they like. If you're judging what other people peacefully enjoy, maybe you're the one who follows a cult. 

-------------------------

these are all really good points! @mercfan3when does voting close / results come out for this next round?

18 hours ago, mercfan3 said:

This is the closest round voting wise, from the results so far. 

I'm not surprised.  No result would shook me here.  Really great performances by all the contestants.  Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

Posted (edited)

Results are in for #TeamUsh Bracket. 61 votes this round, amazing participation guys. 🙂 Again, some shockers...

RESULTS

#8 Seed: Michelle Chamuel - Why defeats #1 Seed: Cassadee Pope - Over You

#2 Seed: Koryn Hawthorne - Make It Rain defeats #7 Seed: Josh Kaufman - I Can't Make You Love Me

#6 Seed: Juliette Simms - Roxanne defeats #3 Seed: Michelle Chamuel - I Knew You Were Trouble

#4 Seed: Tessanne Chin - Bridge Over Troubled Water defeats #12 Seed: Laith Al Saadi - All Along The Watch Tower 

So, when #TeamUsh meets again..we will see

#8 Seed: Michelle Chamuel - Why vs. #4 Seed: Tessanne Chin - Bridge Over Troubled Water

#2 Seed: Koryn Hawthorne - Make It Rain vs. #6 Seed: Juliette Simms - Roxanne

We also now officially have our Sweet 16

Adam's Bracket

#9 Seed: Maelyn Jarmon - Hallelujah

#4 Seed: Danielle Bradbery - Please Remember Me

#2 Seed Kimerbly Nichole - What's Up

#6 Seed: Addison Agen - A Case of You

Blake's Bracket

#1 Seed: Tessanne Chin - I Have Nothing 

#12 Seed: Maelyn Jarmon - Mad World

#2 Seed: Maelyn Jarmon - The Scientist  

#6 Seed: Amber Carrington Stay 

Christina's Bracket

#8 Seed: Kennedy Holmes - Confident

#4 Seed: Amber Carrington - Sad

#2 Seed: Jacquie Lee - I Put A Spell On You

#6 Seed: Michelle Chamuel - Just Give Me A Reason 

Usher's Bracket

#8 Seed: Michelle Chamuel - Why

#4 Seed: Tessanne Chin - Bridge Over Troubled Water

#2 Seed: Koryn Hawthorne - Make It Rain

#6 Seed: Juliette Simms - Roxanne

Not really the Top 16 I expected, although..again, these are all fantastic performances. The harsh take down of the #1 seeds did surprise me though. It was hard to narrow this list down to 64 - and order them. But I knew the #1 Seeds off the bat..and I think they were the #1 Seeds most would have come up with given the show's history. 

I will say, I'm not surprised it's all #TeamWaffle. 

I will update later today. Both Adam and Blake's bracket will be facing off in the next round. 

Edited by mercfan3

Perfect results :wub:

Out of the Top 16, rooting for Make It Rain or What’s Up to win this, but The Scientist will probably win (which is as great as the other two performances I mentioned so I would be happy).

14 minutes ago, Daillon said:

Out of the Top 16, rooting for Make It Rain or What’s Up to win this, but The Scientist will probably win (which is as great as the other two performances I mentioned so I would be happy).

That one was one of the only challengers for #1 Seed for me. It's really an incredible performance. 

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, mercfan3 said:

Results are in for #TeamUsh Bracket. 61 votes this round, amazing participation guys. 🙂 Again, some shockers...

RESULTS

#8 Seed: Michelle Chamuel - Why defeats #1 Seed: Cassadee Pope - Over You

#2 Seed: Koryn Hawthorne - Make It Rain defeats #7 Seed: Josh Kaufman - I Can't Make You Love Me

#6 Seed: Juliette Simms - Roxanne defeats #3 Seed: Michelle Chamuel - I Knew You Were Trouble

#4 Seed: Tessanne Chin - Bridge Over Troubled Water defeats #12 Seed: Laith Al Saadi - All Along The Watch Tower 

See what you've done to me....I'm glad Michelle won and I'm glad she lost.   

• Like 1

Wasn't expecting all but one of the #1s to go down, but the remaining performances are all great so no complaints here.

48 minutes ago, Daillon said:

33 minutes ago, mercfan3 said:

That one was one of the only challengers for #1 Seed for me. It's really an incredible performance. 

If anyone ever wants to know how Koryn's the only Voice alum with multiple Grammy nominations, send them that link.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Spurrious said:

See what you've done to me....I'm glad Michelle won and I'm glad she lost.   

you know how I feel about Michelle and Roxanne vs ILYWT was even brutal for me. 

Roxanne is also one of my favorite Voice studios.

Which...btw...I am not looking forward to Jacquie vs Michelle...

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, mercfan3 said:

you know how I feel about Michelle and Roxanne vs ILYWT was even brutal for me. 

Roxanne is also one of my favorite Voice studios.

Which...btw...I am not looking forward to Jacquie vs Michelle...

I get it....Roxanne is one of my all time favs.