Full videos of montaged performances?

Plupap

I know it's a longshot, but does anyone know of any full videos of any of the montaged performances that exist out there? I know that a lot of unaired performances from AI get recorded by family/audience members, but I only know of one montaged battle from the Voice that there's a personal recording of. In the older seasons, we at least got the studio recordings or the full videos on YouTube (Season 12), but it's really sad that nowadays a lot of the performances that the artists and musicians put so much work into never see the light of day. 

I would seriously pay good money to see the Brennan and Gracee's battle or Mandi's knockout in full. 

Edited by Plupap
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

This might be the only one (unless you were referring to a different one?)

That's the one I was referring to! It's one of my favorite performances honestly, it's a shame it didn't get fully aired on TV.

Edited by Plupap

Yeah it sucks how NBC never even releases it and any extras on Youtube or even a DVD set. Season 15 had loads of frontrunner battles montaged, like Makenzie, Radha, Chevel, Kennedy, Kirk(I guess he was a frontrunner) or even Emily Luther's battle montage in S13, the disrespect of NBC like-

but it is what it is sadly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, QueenMae16 said:

Yeah it sucks how NBC never even releases it and any extras on Youtube or even a DVD set. Season 15 had loads of frontrunner battles montaged, like Makenzie, Radha, Chevel, Kennedy, Kirk(I guess he was a frontrunner) or even Emily Luther's battle montage in S13, the disrespect of NBC like-

but it is what it is sadly.

The entire finale of S15 consisted of battle montage/shortclips lol.

If we count Makenzie as 5th place, then that would be the entire top 5.

• Like 5

I don't know on costs for the time someone would spend editing and uploading the videos to social media vs. making studio recordings of battles and KOs, but the fact we no longer have either as of Season 15 is some BS - if you're going to go to that much trouble to get artists onto your set for them to audition and then make them have to travel back for battles and/or KOs, the least you can do to be respectful of their time is have their work available somewhere even if you have to cut it from the show's airtime.

On 6/8/2020 at 7:47 AM, VintageVoice said:

I don't know on costs for the time someone would spend editing and uploading the videos to social media vs. making studio recordings of battles and KOs, but the fact we no longer have either as of Season 15 is some BS - if you're going to go to that much trouble to get artists onto your set for them to audition and then make them have to travel back for battles and/or KOs, the least you can do to be respectful of their time is have their work available somewhere even if you have to cut it from the show's airtime.

Seriously. As far as I know, not even the contestants get copies of their performances. Imagine spending so much of your time and dedication working towards 1, or even more than 1, performance and then never getting to see it. 

• Sad 2

On 6/9/2020 at 11:01 PM, Plupap said:

Seriously. As far as I know, not even the contestants get copies of their performances. Imagine spending so much of your time and dedication working towards 1, or even more than 1, performance and then never getting to see it. 

Shoot, some of the contestant pages I can think of that have YouTube reuploads from older seasons (CWB, Sydney Rhame, Anita Antoinette etc.) could've just as easily have saved the videos off YouTube and posted them later - so who knows if the contestants have any rights to their own performances? 

• 8 months later...
9 hours ago, Noah57678 said:

Kelsie Watts vs Emmalee: "I Love Me" (final rehearsal).

I wish they aired this one instead of Tamara vs. Olivia (wasn’t fair that both Team Gwen and Kelly got 2 battle montages and John 0, and this one was the weakest by far IMO) or any of Team Blake battles as they pretty much consist of country male frontrunner vs. battle fodder.

Also I feel like EmmaLee was underrated as hell, people barely talked about her during the season, she surprised me on that performance.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, AliXRose said:

I wish they aired this one instead of Tamara vs. Olivia (wasn’t fair that both Team Gwen and Kelly got 2 battle montages and John 0, and this one was the weakest by far IMO) or any of Team Blake battles as they pretty much consist of country male frontrunner vs. battle fodder.

Also I feel like EmmaLee was underrated as hell, people barely talked about her during the season, she surprised me on that performance.

I totally agree. I loved both Tamara and Olivia but their battle was awful solely because if song choice. Emmalee was so underrated too. I had her on my team and though I definitely preferred Kelsie, I would have loved to see more from Emmalee.

• 3 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CHbtAm6jNw-/?igshid=thw2qi3n6aft

By way of Ryan Gallagher's IG story, I was able to find the account of Skylar's mom, and she posted the battle rehearsal of her daughter's battle with Tanner.

Ugh, I wish we could have seen this. I also really wish Skylar made it farther than she did. She was just oozing with potential.

3 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Ugh, I wish we could have seen this. I also really wish Skylar made it farther than she did. She was just oozing with potential.

Skylar should've waited a couple more years and gained some performance experience. Her blind was pretty shaky due to nerves, but her singing in that intimate setting actually sounded great.

Edited by FloorWax

Just now, FloorWax said:

Skylar should've waited a couple more years and gained some performance experience. Her blind was pretty shaky due to nerves, but her singing in that intimate setting actually sounded great.

She should’ve waited till Season 20 and chose Nick. He’s great with raw artists.

1 minute ago, Bk1234 said:

She should’ve waited till Season 20 and chose Nick. He’s great with raw artists.

Dana Monique vs Skylar Alyvia Mayton - Stuck With U (The Voice Performance) :haha:

In all seriousness, she and Rachel would've probably had a good battle.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FloorWax said:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CHbtAm6jNw-/?igshid=thw2qi3n6aft

By way of Ryan Gallagher's IG story, I was able to find the account of Skylar's mom, and she posted the battle rehearsal of her daughter's battle with Tanner.

Their battle was actually pretty good, according to sources. Also pretty ironic because Blake said that one of his battles got montaged, and he was sure that this wasn't going to be lmao. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 7 months later...
On 2/16/2021 at 2:30 AM, Vinyl said:

Here are two montaged blind auditions from way back in season 2. I never knew these existed until a few years later. Did the show post full blinds of montaged artists onto the NBC website back then?

There these two other Blinds from S2 who was montaged 

Edited by MateusSa
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, FloorWax said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVNjVFnA1yZ/?utm_medium=copy_link

Holly and Wyatt's battle rehearsal.

Still waiting on Carolina or Xavier to post their rehearsal or an illegal recording a la Alena Damico....

(I'd also love to hear Sophia and Jim and Sasha's battle! It sounded super messy, but the arrangement sounded fun and Sophia has a surprisingly impressive soulful voice that she's shown in the few clips we've seen of that performance)

Edited by ikwonic

23 hours ago, FloorWax said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVNjVFnA1yZ/?utm_medium=copy_link

Holly and Wyatt's battle rehearsal.

Also they sounded AMAZING. It's ridiculous that one of the best battles of the season got montaged over performances like Keliah vs. Joshua... Wyatt sounded really good, but HOLY freak HOLLY. Kelly pretending like it was a difficult decision when Holly did THAT is so funny to me.

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Ottoxxx said:

We stan NBC confirming that they do still have access to all the blind audition footage from 18 seasons ago, and therefore are just holding back :haha:

I get there's no "reason" to release any of the old montaged stuff, but it'd be a nice treat. :haha:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1