The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

22 minutes ago, seak05 said:

Please explain what makes these songs examples of country music?

(ftr they sound more blues, with a gospel tinge, I do prefer it to most of what she did on the show). 

I dunno. Maybe an actual country fan could explain better. Those songs sound country enough for me. 

Wikipedia says this but I don't necessarily trust it, lol:

"Country music often consists of ballads and dance tunes with generally simple forms, folk lyrics, and harmonies mostly accompanied by string instruments such as banjos, electric and acoustic guitars, steel guitars (such as pedal steels and dobros), and fiddles as well as harmonicas. Blues modes have been used extensively throughout its recorded history."

38 minutes ago, echoap said:

Wikipedia says this but I don't necessarily trust it, lol:

"Country music often consists of ballads and dance tunes with generally simple forms, folk lyrics, and harmonies mostly accompanied by string instruments such as banjos, electric and acoustic guitars, steel guitars (such as pedal steels and dobros), and fiddles as well as harmonicas. Blues modes have been used extensively throughout its recorded history."

Yeah, it's the total lack of those instruments (fiddel, steel, banjo) that is part of why I say it's not country. Also the lack of country themes rural, small town etc, lack of natural twang/drawl etc

And part of it is where you're born, Blake, Maren, Kane are from the country, Maren is from Texas (and has done some really old school killer country + the highwoman). So if you're from NY and you want to sing country, it's a higher hurdle, you have to prove you're invested in the genre & have an appreciation of rural/small town life, you can also see its flaws). 

There are a lot of genres out there outside of pop/r&b/country. Alisan not being into dance style music just doesn't make her country. 

5 minutes ago, seak05 said:

Yeah, it's the total lack of those instruments (fiddel, steel, banjo) that is part of why I say it's not country. Also the lack of country themes rural, small town etc, lack of natural twang/drawl etc

And part of it is where you're born, Blake, Maren, Kane are from the country, Maren is from Texas (and has done some really old school killer country + the highwoman). So if you're from NY and you want to sing country, it's a higher hurdle, you have to prove you're invested in the genre & have an appreciation of rural/small town life, you can also see its flaws). 

There are a lot of genres out there outside of pop/r&b/country. Alisan not being into dance style music just doesn't make her country. 

Not country? OK then. We can agree to disagree I guess. 

9 minutes ago, echoap said:

Not country? OK then. We can agree to disagree I guess. 

You've literally given zero evidence that it's country other then, sounds country enough to you, a non-country fan

Look I'm not trying to be a jerk, but this need to claim every white (bc it's never the Black singers, who we dissect to find out why they're not country) Indy female is really maybe psuedo country is exhausting. Zan, Joanna, Alisan, Addison etc. Keisha literally said on the show she wanted to be country, and performed mostly country songs. Alisan never said she wanted to be country, performed almost no country songs, and yet here we are. SMDH

• Like 3

1 hour ago, seak05 said:

You've literally given zero evidence that it's country other then, sounds country enough to you, a non-country fan

Look I'm not trying to be a jerk, but this need to claim every white (bc it's never the Black singers, who we dissect to find out why they're not country) Indy female is really maybe psuedo country is exhausting. Zan, Joanna, Alisan, Addison etc. Keisha literally said on the show she wanted to be country, and performed mostly country songs. Alisan never said she wanted to be country, performed almost no country songs, and yet here we are. SMDH

If I'm not trying to argue with you it's mainly because I'm not interested in the topic, but Alisan gave enough evidence about being a crossover artist before her time on the show (this includes country music). Even her fans acknowledged this in the past. And you should relisten the songs because you're missing some evident country elements like a steel guitar and the harmonies mentioned before. 

As for Zan, Joanna, Addison, etc. I've never seen anyone claiming they're country. Some maybe suggested country leaning songs for tactical purposes but that's all. 

Edited by echoap

10 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I don’t know. I just sent a note to Istersay. There’s a lot of stuff in there, so hopefully is can be recovered. 

Hopefully it'll be recovered soon, as of right now it is the largest fan thread(only counting s19 Contestants) with 6 pages

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Zainab Tufail said:

Danielle is undoubtly the best country female artist that has ever been on the show.

i dont understand why yall say things like this when "best" is so subjective. the only thing you can do that's close to objective is talk about how good they are as vocalists