The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

3 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

I’m glad we at least have this. 😊

Yeah, better than nothing, but I have to say this is pretty annoying, after losing all of our fan threads when they switched to the new platform. I’m not exactly sure how one fan thread randomly disappears. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, UncleSanchez said:

Twas not I. Quite to the contrary, I believe Taryn deserves to go far this season as she is very good. 

glad you see that! honestly i think both taryn and WTW deserve to go far; WTW's harmonies are amazing based on their YT covers, and Taryn's range is amazing. Unfortunately, they both face their own challenges, with Taryn being a female country singer in the 4 way KO, and with WTW being controversial as a group of three

34 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

does anyone remember when the leak of a part of toneisha's audition was? they released the part at the end of her BA when she sang "i want to know what love is. you can show me!" in a higher pitch or something (idk how to describe it). i wonder when they'll do that?

They did that in the full first look promo for s18. We’ll probably get one of those when the full first look promo for s19 drop.

9 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

when was that in relation to the first day (last season) and when do you expect it to be this season?

For Season 18 it was dropped on February 11th, 13 days before the premiere. For Season 17 it was dropped on September 11th, 12 days before the premiere. It would be too late to be dropping it on the 11th of October since it would be 8 days before the premiere, my guess is the 6th or 7th of October, giving it 2 weeks before the premiere, or just sometime during that week. 

13 hours ago, ashwinner said:

i dont understand why yall say things like this when "best" is so subjective. the only thing you can do that's close to objective is talk about how good they are as vocalists

Ok my bad I should've said FOR ME Danielle is undoubtedly the best country female artist that has ever been on the show.

Edited by Zainab Tufail
  • Like 1

Is it just me or does Taryn Papa reminds me of Grace Leer from AI S18? Both have powerful country voices

Although I prefer Taryn's voice bit more, I love the layers she have. But, I am not quite yet attached to her, maybe when the show starts, let us see.

BTW, Danielle too is my favorite country female star ever that had been on the show.

Edited by anonymouskid_35
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

Is it just me or does Taryn Papa reminds me of Grace Leer from AI S18? Both have powerful country voices

Although I prefer Taryn's voice bit more, I love the layers she have. But, I am not quite yet attached to her, maybe when the show starts, let us see.

Same! That’s what I thought when I first heard her. 😅

Premiere predictions:

Team Kelly:

Joseph Soul - rarely represented genre, the only Kelly vs Blake contestant this season, Team Gwen for the lives

DesZ - my money is on John H being the leak and the opener so I'd say they'll save Tamara for a different episode (similar lane as John, both made lives on Team John) and they'll probably save the whole Blake block storyline including Cami Clune for episode 2 or 3 because of the two one chair turns that need to be shown before Cami. WTW is in the last episode so that leaves only DesZ for the premiere. Even if they don't have her close the episode they'll still feature her

Skylar Mayton: teen singing a stripped down version of a popular song, did decent according to sources, the typical premiere one chair turn

Team Gwen:

Liam St. John - even though he is a battle eliminee, I can see him being the second shown audition after John Holiday for a more sultry performance after John's fireworks, in addition he was the very first audition so that is easily fit in

Lauren Frihauf - at first, I wanted to put Payge here but I have a hunch they'll want to go with the underdog storyline with her, having her breakout moment in the battle premiere pimp spot and then affirming her status in the knockouts. Lauren makes most sense out of the remaining members

Team John:

John Holiday - unexpected voice, Kelly blocked, definitely leaked and opening the premiere

Sid Kingsley - doubt they'd show Julia this early, especially since she audition after Blake filled his team and Kelly mentioned John having a similar singer so that might be a lot to cut out, Rio, Olivia, Tamara, Casme are probably not gonna be shown if John and Desz are featured. Already mentioned Cami Clune in the Team Kelly section. Bailey would be the perfect candidate to add on the premiere, teen (i think) singing country, the very good one chair turn but Kelly and Blake mentioning they can't turn and her auditioning late as he did would probably make it too difficult to feature her. That leaves us only with Sid.

Team Blake:

I don't think any of his one chair turn will be featured. I don't see them also showing Taryn as another Kelly block. Jim will probably be saved for later to close another episode as he's apparently very good or I could see them underplaying his audition in a later episode in a round spot. He'll probably get Ian in the second episode. If Sid gets featured, he'll have his steal in the premiere

For all the reasons mentioned above I'd say we'll get two out of Sam Stacy, Ben Allen and John Sullivan. Ben might have an edge since he made lives and is on Team Gwen now

Edited by antikid
  • Like 7

Hopefully tomorrow we get another content download like we did last week Monday. So hopefully we get a new promo with some contestants tmr. And also tomorrow is 3 weeks away from the premiere🥳

WOW I rmeber someone saying “guys chill we’re like 10 weeks away..” now we’re at 3!

Edited by jus.vshn
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, antikid said:

Premiere predictions:

Team Kelly:

Joseph Soul - rarely represented genre, the only Kelly vs Blake contestant this season, Team Gwen for the lives

DesZ - my money is on John H being the leak and the opener so I'd say they'll save Tamara for a different episode (similar lane as John, both made lives on Team John) and they'll probably save the whole Blake block storyline including Cami Clune for episode 2 or 3 because of the two one chair turns that need to be shown before Cami. WTW is in the last episode so that leaves only DesZ for the premiere. Even if they don't have her close the episode they'll still feature her

Skylar Mayton: teen singing a stripped down version of a popular song, did decent according to sources, the typical premiere one chair turn

Team Gwen:

Liam St. John - even though he is a battle eliminee, I can see him being the second shown audition after John Holiday for a more sultry performance after John's fireworks, in addition he was the very first audition so that is easily fit in

Lauren Frihauf - at first, I wanted to put Payge here but I have a hunch they'll want to go with the underdog storyline with her, having her breakout moment in the battle premiere pimp spot and then affirming her status in the knockouts. Lauren makes most sense out of the remaining members

Team John:

John Holiday - unexpected voice, Kelly blocked, definitely leaked and opening the premiere

Sid Kingsley - doubt they'd show Julia this early, especially since she audition after Blake filled his team and Kelly mentioned John having a similar singer so that might be a lot to cut out, Rio, Olivia, Tamara, Casme are probably not gonna be shown if John and Desz are featured. Already mentioned Cami Clune in the Team Kelly section. Bailey would be the perfect candidate to add on the premiere, teen (i think) singing country, the very good one chair turn but Kelly and Blake mentioning they can't turn and her auditioning late as he did would probably make it too difficult to feature her. That leaves us only with Sid.

Team Blake:

I don't think any of his one chair turn will be featured. I don't see them also showing Taryn as another Kelly block. Jim will probably be saved for later to close another episode as he's apparently very good or I could see them underplaying his audition in a later episode in a round spot. He'll probably get Ian in the second episode. If Sid gets featured, he'll have his steal in the premiere

For all the reasons mentioned above I'd say we'll get two out of Sam Stacy, Ben Allen and John Sullivan. Ben might have an edge since he made lives and is on Team Gwen now

The new or returning coach usually gets 3 artists on his/her team. So my money is on Liam, Lauren and Payge. They want Gwen to have a strong start, and not bunch up all of her fodders for the premiere. I think Kelsie and Desz are for TK, Sid and John H for Team Legend and Sam Stacy and Ian for Team Blake

I think Desz is closing the premiere and she’s probably TCO. She’ll get pimped because her battle and KO contenders got stolen, so she’ll likely be a KO or Battle Leak. They might want to have a Kelly storyline, her getting blocked twice (Taryn and John H), struggling to get artists on her team only to end up with a mega four chair turn. She might have only 1 person on her team in the premiere, or if the producers want to pimp her they might also put Kelsie or Madeline + Desz

2 hours ago, antikid said:

Premiere predictions:

Team Kelly:

Team Gwen:

Team John:

Team Blake:

I too think we´re heading to a Desz pimp spot in the premiere, since John H. is probably opening, and they may pull a Mandi Castillo on us with Tamara, and actually show her in a later episode (Episode 3 at most). 

I also think that Taryn might make an appearance in the premiere, in order to make Kelly´s storyline of being blocked even more effective, since she was blocked from getting Taryn too, and thus ending the episode with her landing Desz.

I think the premiere might go something like this:

John Holiday (Team Legend)

Joseph Soul (Team Kelly)

Liam St John (Team Gwen)

Taryn Papa ( Team Blake)

Sid Kingsley (Team Legend)

Lauren Friahuf (Team Gwen)

Ben Allen (Team Blake)

Desz (Team Kelly)

• Like 3

I think of the live show artists, they'll have at least four in the premiere (trying to spread it over the five blinds episodes relatively even, and assuming we get 8 or 9 artists total that make the show in the premiere, the opener almost always makes the lives and same with the closer) and the theory of Kelly's blocks leading to landing Desz at the end is currently one of the stronger ones we have on here, so I'll assume it's right (for now).

Kelly is also the one coach to get blocked twice, so I could see them making that a feature of this episode and part of the "storyline" of blocks --> four-chair. Since it's an earlier episode, I stuck to the first five artists to pick a coach since that less chance of someone saying "my team's filling up" and having to work around that. Lastly, there's rarely more than one one-chair in the premiere, if one makes it at all. Since nine of the one-chairs came before anyone's team filled, I'm assuming we'll have one in the premiere of the blinds this time just by virtue of some teams having large numbers of one-chairs (Kelly got the most with four while Gwen only got two, believe it or not).

Episode 1 Lineup (of the artists who make it onto the show, * by those cut before the lives)

John Holiday (Team Legend)

Liam St. John (Team Gwen)*

Ben Allen (Team Blake)

Skylar Mayton (Team Kelly)*

Van Andrew (Team Gwen)*

Taryn Papa (Team Blake)

Sid Kingsley (Team Legend)

Desz (Team Kelly)

Notes: 

• I wanted to stick Payge in the premiere, but I have a gut feeling she's going to be in episode 2 for some reason, so I'm leaving her out for now.
  • I threw Taryn in there since technically we don't know that she'll make the live rounds.
  • Kelly has a ton of the one-chairs, so I picked the one most musically and storyline-wise different from the rest of the episode - so Ryan was out for being too similar to John H. and Madeline's out since she tried to block Blake and it didn't work, which seems like a storyline for another time. This theoretical lineup for the episode was guy-heavy, so I chose Skylar over Eli as Kelly's one-chair of the episode because there's more guys featured than gals at this point. I don't think Skylar's likely to be in the premiere, but of the one-chairs from the most one-chair heavy team she made the most sense.
  • I went with Van and Liam as Gwen's representation since Liam was the very first audition and I didn't know who else to stick with him. I was tempted to put Lauren in with Liam, but I don't think they'd show the first two members of the team in the same episode (and the spot I had left was after Skylar, who is another teenage girl). 
  • John --> Liam is a genre/vocal contrast, we need at least one country rep in the premiere or Minivan riots, a teenager to fawn over also wins Minivan points, Van and Sid are similar enough that having a second country artist breaks them up nicely, and Desz closing wraps up the storyline of Kelly's overcoming the blocks to win a four-chair turn.