The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

2 minutes ago, joe14 said:

Every time it was sang on idol, the contestant ended up in the bottom or was eliminated.

Pretty much. Todrick Hall sang it in Season 9 and he advanced to the next round (though to be fair, the bottom 3 wasn’t a thing during that round. 😅)

7 minutes ago, joe14 said:

Desz song is terrible. Every time it was sang on idol, the contestant ended up in the bottom or was eliminated

Britton actually sang the song way back on Season 14 and if I can remember he received supports back then and moved forward. I am really going optimistic about Desz's performance, plus if she do that ending that she did on the recording, live, ooh killer!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

Britton actually sang the song way back on Season 14 and if I can remember he received supports back then and moved forward. I am really going optimistic about Desz's performance, plus if she do that ending that she did on the recording, live, ooh killer!

Britton's was a white teenager and he slowed it down (giving him artistry points). Desz is not going to get away with singing an uptempo version of that corny song as an black woman. It sounds so watered-down on the studio version as well. Same issue with Tamara's uptempo version.

Then again, Rose got the PV with a terrible playoffs song so we will see. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, joe14 said:

Britton's was a white teenager and he slowed it down (giving him artistry points). Desz is not going to get away with singing an uptempo version of that corny song as an black woman. It sounds so watered-down on the studio version as well. Same issue with Tamara's uptempo version.

Then again, Rose got the PV with a terrible playoffs song so we will see. 

Rose had pretty much no competition in her team. Desz does.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Rose had pretty much no competition in her team. Desz does.

I mean everyone was hyping up Kyndal before she bombed.

But my point was Rose got a terrible song, probably worse than Desz's, and still got through, so I'm not ready to say it's over for Desz. The only real competition I see for her is Ryan, who does have a better song so it is going to be much harder for her to make it through.

Nvm on Team Blake, Ian is the real threat now I think.

PV: Ian

CS: WTW

WC: Jim

I don't think Sid chose the right song, and the dark horse on Blake's team showed up with the perfect song at the right night.

Edit: I put Jim above Sid, cause he has the story and minivan popularity from past few performances. I think Sid is done.

Edited by QueenMae16
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Yikes, he sounds just like 90% of the bro country singers on the radio here. At first, I didn’t even think it was him. Really bad song choice.

100% exactly what I thought. It's so disappointing for Jim because he has suuuuuch a soulful and multidimensional voice. This song does nothing to take advantage of that. It's so basic. This isn't the kind of thing that exemplifies why people like Jim so much.

I personally hope he still makes it through anyway (and then gets better song choices after that, please).

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bouli said:

100% exactly what I thought. It's so disappointing for Jim because he has suuuuuch a soulful and multidimensional voice. This song does nothing to take advantage of that. It's so basic. This isn't the kind of thing that exemplifies why people like Jim so much.

I personally hope he still makes it through anyway (and then gets better song choices after that, please).

Either he picked it, thinking the country fans who watch the show will like the song, or it’s a massive bus. Either way, it’s a very poor fit for his style and image. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Yikes, he sounds just like 90% of the bro country singers on the radio here. 

You say this like that’s a bad thing for getting the vote. It’s not really bro-country though, there’s no rapping, shake your butt, it’s more boyfriend country. 

(note this is not to say that I like it, I think combined the male singers on team Blake are showing off about half an octave of range tonight) 

• Haha 2

Just now, Misirlou said:

I´m really  not sure about Carter. He has the hype and everything, but this song is really difficult, especially for someone as young as him. He might be able to leave a lane open for Gwen´s PV.

A Ben Allen lane 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Misirlou said:

I´m really  not sure about Carter. He has the hype and everything, but this song is really difficult, especially for someone as young as him. He might be able to leave a lane open for Gwen´s PV.

If Carter nails it, he's gonna win the season. But I do see a possibility in Ben getting the PV if he flops.

Although I think Carter can do it, so he'll win the season tonight IMO.

1 minute ago, Misirlou said:

Not the biggest Carter fan, but hopefully he kills it (I want Payge to get Gwen’s save and that won’t happen if Carter needs it)

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I feel like the bar is low for him. No one is expecting him to come out and sing it like Mariah. He just needs to sing it well. If he can't pull off a good performance, that's on him. I don't see why he can't replicate his studio version. He wasn't doing anything crazy vocally. 

• Like 1