The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

Surprisingly even battle. I like Desz’s tone more and it was a strong performance but some of her runs felt out of place imo. Joseph was really good vocally (and he improved since the blinds) but he still is really uninteresting to me. I might have to watch it again, but I would say it’s a tie.

I wasn’t a fan of Joseph’s blind but his steal was deserved.

Edited by Daillon

So the pairings for tonight have been posted:

Desz vs Joseph (steal)

Jim vs John S.

Tanner vs Skylar

Chloe vs Lain

John vs Julia (save)

So, I don´t know what they are going to do here, we could get a S15 redo with only the first and last battles shown in full and the three in the middle being shortclipped, but I feel like we´re also getting Jim vs John S. in full, which leaves Tanner vs Skylar and Chloe vs Lain to be shortclipped or montaged. 

• Like 1

Just now, Misirlou said:

Desz vs Joseph (steal)

Jim vs John S.

Tanner vs Skylar

Chloe vs Lain

John vs Julia (save)

So, I don´t know what they are going to do here, we could get a S15 redo with only the first and last battles shown in full and the three in the middle being shortclipped, but I feel like we´re also getting Jim vs John S. in full, which leaves Tanner vs Skylar and Chloe vs Lain to be shortclipped or montaged. 

Agree

Just now, Misirlou said:

Desz vs Joseph (steal)

Jim vs John S.

Tanner vs Skylar

Chloe vs Lain

John vs Julia (save)

It really hinges on what they do to Jim vs. John S - if they show it in full, they're montaging the other two "middle" battles, but if they short-clip it then the other two will also be short-clipped.

2 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

It really hinges on what they do to Jim vs. John S - if they show it in full, they're montaging the other two "middle" battles, but if they short-clip it then the other two will also be short-clipped.

I hope that Jim's battle is shown in full.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Misirlou said:

Same. I was a little disappointed with his audition since I expected more, so hopefully he wins me over with this performance. even though I hate the song lol.

I was also a little bit disappointed but then I realized the sources that said he was amazing were for his battle and KO.

• Like 1

Watching Sid vs. Bailey for the 10th time in 12 hours totally not because I'm obsessed with Sid's voice and I noticed two things after re-watching it and checking spoilers:

• It's the first battle of the first taping, so Kelly's excitement matches since it's a new round of the show.
  • Kelly makes motions about halfway through that clearly indicate she's going to try and steal Sid about halfway through the song while he's singing - I wonder if this played into both John picking Bailey over Sid and the other two coaches not even trying to steal him.
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

As for the Desz vs Joseph battle, honestly, apart from Joseph´s pitchy opening, it was more even that I thought it was going to be. I would go with her, but he gave a fair fight.

Didn’t catch this the first time, but it was pretty bad. Props to him for making a great comeback tho

• Like 2

Just now, Misirlou said:

Also, didn´t expect them to shortclip or montage Kelly´s only country male this season, who also makes the lives. And I remember a source saying that Blake said in the taping that that battle wouldn´t be montaged...

Either that comment's gonna age poorly or he'll technically be correct because the battle gets short-clipped but not montaged. We'll see.

Now that I've watched the leak aka Desz VS Joseph I have to say Joseph improved a lot from his BA but Desz still won that for me. Her Tone + Range + The mini runs that she do during her performances are everything. 

Also Desz was definitely better than Tamara(In both BA and Battle)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That was surprisingly even - I'd pick Desz over Joseph but I think I'd have a harder time picking if he'd been on-pitch for his opening bit. Props to Joseph for that recovery, but Desz' consistency both within the battle and between rounds is gonna make her hard to beat within her team (if we ignore America's questionable taste).

IMO okay Desz just largen her gap on Tamara bc of that battle

That tone is something I will not get tired listening to, so rich and soulful. I might have to rewatch her Blinds again. Joseph, on the other hand, gave a fair fight! I didn't know he is capable of such greatness. But, I can see why he did not do his KO performance justice, his voice doesn't fit that song at all.

• Like 3

Just now, anonymouskid_35 said:

IMO okay Desz just largen her gap on Tamara bc of that battle

That tone is something I will not get tired listening to, so rich and soulful. I might have to rewatch her Blinds again. Joseph, on the other hand, gave a fair fight! I didn't know he is capable of such greatness. But, I can see why he did not do his KO performance justice, his voice doesn't fit that song at all.

If he wanted to do Billie Eilish, he should've done "when the party's over" - but I think something else by a different artist would've been an even better fit.

• Like 1