Survivor Rankdown 2.0 (Winner Reveal Page 225)

Solaris

15. Crystal Cox

Survivor: Gabon 6th Place

Top 30 Crystal Cox GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

Average: 13

RANKINGS:

Zoey - 2/20

Hayden - 8/20

Alex - 11/20

Andrelliott - 11/20

JC - 15/20

Andy - 16/20

Steven - 16/20

Amanda - 19/20

Public - 19/20

HAYDEN

08.) Crystal Cox

Top 30 Crystal Cox GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

Crystal brought the four b’s to Survivor – brains, beauty, blazing speed, and brawn. Crystal was an icon who sucked at literally everything, but still managed to make it to the final 6, giving us many iconic confessionals.

ALEX

Crystal Cox

One of the funniest contestants to ever grace the world of Survivor is none other than Crystal Cox. A former Olympian who is also one of the worst challenge performers ever and just an absolute goldmine of quotes. There are very few contestants who gave me as much joy watching them as Crystal Cox did. It's criminal we only got one season of her. And really that's the only reason she's not any higher. She's not a very deep and complex character either. She's just f*cking hysterical.

Crystal's abysmal challenge performance is obviously the highlight of her experience. My favorite of these challenge performances being when she dropped one second in at the final ten immunity challenge  But I want to highlight her strategic game a bit because she was pretty impressive. A Black woman, an Asian man, and a Latina mom ran the game with a severely depressed pinup model. That's why Gabon is such a magical season. The one-two punch from Crystal of the Ace and Marcus blindsides is absolutely legendary and season saving television. Either of those two men could've boringly run the game (specifically Marcus, he was set up too well), but Crystal played the f*ck out of both of them and orchestrated their blindsides. The Marcus one was specifically impressive because Marcus thought he had Crystal since they had a mutual friend, but Crystal didn't give a sh*t because he was coming for her boy Ken. So Crystal was able to flip Susie even though Susie was just tribemates with Marcus. I really wish Crystal could've made it all the way to the end, but Gabon wouldn't be what it is if Sugar didn't make decisions based on wherever her emotions told her to go each day :wub:.

The best thing about Crystal is that she's a quote machine though. Since there's no deep or complex storyline to really get into and dissect, let's just laugh at Crystal Cox at her best:

"EAT YO RICE!"

"The game is outwit, outlast. And you can’t outwit Crystal Cox, baby"

"I’M NOT CRYING OVER NO DAGGONE DANISHES!"

And of course the pièce de résistance

"YOU HAVE MADE MY LIFE HELL FROM DAY ONE! FORGETCHU, GO HOME, GOODBYE!"

Crystal got in fights with nearly half the cast and still had complete control over the entire game and nearly made it to the end. Gabon is a top-tier season for that alone and I refuse to hear otherwise.

ANDRELLIOTT

CRYSTAL COX

Honestly, only New York's Gemma Collins speech has been able to top "you have made my life HELL since day one. Forget you, go home, goodbye!" as the reality TV confessional that sent me.

I loathe Gabon as a season, but Crystal was one of the bright spots for her unintentional hilarity, though.

JC

Crystal Cox - I remember her being aligned with Sugar so yay for her.

ANDY

CRYSTAL COX - It feels weird ranking Crystal in my bottom 5 because I absolutely love her and she’s from one of my favorite seasons ever, but honestly this top 20 is really stacked and I kinda like everyone above her more. Crystal was the Olympian who absolutely sucked at the challenges from day one. Crystal was opinionated, entertaining, and quote-worthy throughout. Her voting confessional “YOU HAVE MADE MY LIFE HELL FROM DAY ONE. FORGET YOU. GO HOME. GOODBYE” is the best thing ever. “Eat yo rice” to GC is another great moment for me. Her alliance with Kenny is the most random thing ever but I love it. Clearly I have nothing to say negatively about Crystal...I guess she’s not much higher because I think that everyone from Gabon is kind of a joke strategist at the end of the day, including Crystal, so she kinda loses points for that? Idk. Just how the chips fell!

STEVEN

CRYSTAL COX

Survivor: Gabon is such a hilarious season, and Crystal is a big part of what makes the season so funny. She was an Olympic athlete, yet she struggled on pretty much every challenge throughout the season. In addition, she had some memorable quotes that still amuse Survivor fans today. The first is when she kept saying "Eat your rice!" at GC. "You better not be telling me what to do, Crystal," GC said. "Eat your rice!" she snapped back. And her other quote is what she said while voting out Randy. Usually castaways will whisper their voting confessionals, but Crystal loudly exclaimed for everyone to hear: "You have made my life hell from Day 1! Forget you! Go home! Goodbye!" That has to be one of the most memorable voting confessionals ever. Anyway, not only did Crystal provide funny moments, but she was pretty good at the game. She and Kenny were quite a duo, and she also gained Marcus's trust before brutally blindsiding him after they both learned Marcus was friends with her cousin. Anyway, as amusing as Crystal was, she still ranks here for me out of this Top 20.

AMANDA

RewardingJoyfulGalapagoshawk-size_restri

Crystal is one of many hilarious characters Gabon gave us, as Gabon had one of the wackiest casts ever. It's just a hilarious season from start to finish. Crystal being an Olympic Gold Medalist in track & field only to suck at anything remotely athletic during Survivor is hilarious. Crystal shouting while casting her vote for Randy is iconic. She's not in my personal Top 20, but I understand the appeal in regards to her because she's just a super entertaining character who added to the overall wackines

PUBLIC

Crystal <3.  I also ranked her relatively low on mine, but she is an amazing character.  Everyone's covered her voting confessional.  Her Eat Yo Rice comment, to her inability to perform in challenges.  Watching her play the game was great.  Its too bad we haven't had a return from her.  She was 20th/19th place the majority time I was collecting  rankings.  The last couple boosted her up to 15th.  

@Alex95 @*Amanda @sublymonal @Elliott @#jeah @hayden98 @JC @Steven_ @Zoey

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Solaris

2 minutes ago, Deeee said:

Gabon is incredible television. I don't understand how one could dislike the season.

I have the same issues with it that I had with Nicaragua, I suppose.

And yet I loved SJDS. :dead:

1 minute ago, Alex95 said:

The alliance led by the hot straight guy was taken down.

You act like we don't equally like Crystal and Sugar. And I personally hated Gabon even before Marcus was voted out, tyvm.

Alex

3. Sue Hawk

4. Sean Rector

11. Crystal Cox

13. Heidi Strobel

17. Ian Rosenberger

20. Yul Kwon

Amanda

13. Sue Hawk

16. Heidi Strobel

17. Ian Rosenberger

18. Yul Kwon