Survivor Rankdown 2.0 (Winner Reveal Page 225)

Solaris

11. Rob Cesternino

Survivor: Amazon 3rd Place

Survivor: All-Stars 15th Place

rob cesternino gifs | WiffleGif

Average: 10.89

RANKINGS:

Andrelliott - 4/20

Andy - 6/20

JC - 9/20

Hayden - 10/20

Amanda - 12/20

Steven - 12/20

Public - 14/20

Alex - 15/20

Zoey - 16/20

ANDRELLIOTT

ROB CESTERNINO

Rob Cesternino, the third placer of Survivor: Amazon, was truly a revolutionary contestant. He was the first "super-fan" to come onto the show, and thankfully had the chops to back it up. He had accurate reads on the game, knew the right moves to make, and was successful at making the right bonds with the right contestants to advance his game. I also appreciated his relationship with Matt and the machete, effectively showing someone who didn't know the game what to do to succeed. While I do love Jenna Morasca and loved that they actually gave her the villain edit, I do wish we had really gotten to see Jenna and Rob battle it out at the final tribal council. Though I think Rob would've ultimately won, so I can't fault Jenna for recognizing the bigger jury threat.

ANDY

ROB CESTERNINO - Tied with Cirie for the best player to never win. Also one of the best confessional givers in the show’s history. Also one of my personal favorite humans to play the game. His work on RHAP is really impressive and I love his dedication to the success of the podcast and he’s also just an inspiration as a businessman, tbh. He’s also a standup guy and a champion for diversity and inclusion. He’s also really f*cking funny and well-spoken and intelligent. I kinda have a crush on him tbh. :haha: Iconic player from an iconic season. Too bad he was such a big target on All-Stars.

JC

Rob Cesternino - An icon with a famous podcast. RHAP literally talks about everything so he has really capitalized on his Survivor background and really made a name in the entertainment business just from going on one reality show so props to this entrepreneur. Also made more famous by Sequester and how many RHAP employees play.

HAYDEN

10.) Rob Cesternino

Rob Cesternino is considered by many to be among the best players to never win. Rob nearly won Survivor Amazon and might’ve managed it had Jenna not won the Final Immunity Challenge. Rob’s second attempt at Survivor didn’t last very long, with him being voted out the first opportunity his tribe got due to his reputation. Nowadays, Rob hosts his own podcast that deals with shows like Survivor and Big Brother.

AMANDA

tumblr_n4yxhdTcsq1ta7vqso1_500.gifv

Rob is easily my favorite guy of the four that managed to make the final ranking. A great strategist who is funny and brought a lot to the Amazon. I think he could've won had Jenna not gone on her immunity run at the end of the season, but she knew that he was a threat to win if he made it to final tribal council and chose to eliminate him at final 3. He returned for all-stars, which is a season I need to rewatch TBH. He did not fare as well and finished 15th place. Nowadays, he's the host of the iconic Rob Has a Podcast. I doubt he'll rank high, given IDF's anti-men stance in rankdowns, so him just making the top 20 is a great achievement.

STEVEN

ROB CESTERNINO

Kudos to Rob Cesternino on all the success of RHAP. He's really created quite an online community, and he does a lot for fans of Survivor, Big Brother, and The Amazing Race. Now it's almost funny to see the young immature guy he was back in Survivor: The Amazon that thirsted after Heidi. Nonetheless, he was still a terrific strategist this season while being entertaining to watch too. He most likely would've won the season had he made it to the end. He knew how to maneuver his way while flipping between alliances. An example is when after Jenna and Heidi were mad at him after voting out Alex, he was still able to convince them to vote together again to take out Christy since it would save all their lives in the game. Rob also had a side alliance with Matthew, whom he mentored throughout the game. Rob was voted out in fourth place, but Matthew ended up as the runner-up. But he was no boring gamebot either. He was hilarious to watch, and his voting confessionals were especially amusing. Rob was dubbed "the smartest player to never win" by Jeff at the time, and I think a lot of fans still consider Rob to be one of the best non-winners of the show.

PUBLIC

I like Rob.  I don't love him.  He fell in the bottom half of this Top 20 for me.  Congrats on being the last man standing, that is impressive!

ALEX

Rob Cesternino

Rob doesn't age amazingly for me, but I'll give him a rest because it was 2003 and from my RHAP fandom, I know he has matured a lot and is now #woke. I think the girls vs. guys season was kind of bad for him because he just leaned into the easy "Lol girls suck" jokes. When Rob wasn't giving us his hot takes on gender as the horniest survivor contestant ever, I really enjoyed him! Rob calling Roger a bigot is fun!

"The only way Roger is gonna win an immunity is if it's a contest, name that Perry Como song, or perhaps what type of brune is this..." :dead:

Rob's insane jealousy of Dave is pretty funny too. Amazon is such a middle schooler season and Rob was just that nerdy kid hating on the hot jock. At the merge though, Rob took control of the game and he became really entertaining for me to watch. I'm not someone who's obsessed with ~the game~ or whatever, but Rob is a true innovator. In the first five seasons, there was one power shift at most, and that was when Neleh & Paschal turned on John. Rob played a game where he continued to flip back and forth, always blindsiding whoever was at the top of the pecking order. On an OG season of Survivor, when the alliance was formed between Rob, Alex, Jenna, Heidi, and Deena, they would've just ridden it out to final five. But instead, Rob pitted Alex & Deena against each other and took Denna out. And then immediately after that, he picked up the outsiders to take Alex down. And then AGAIN, he took the outsiders to take Christy out since she was riding the middle. While none of this strategy is groundbreaking forty season in, it was AMAZING to watch at the time and I was always on the edge of my seat waiting to see what Rob would do next. And I just enjoyed Rob's personality so much more at this point in the game as well. Rob's humor was a lot more light-hearted and appealed to my tastes more than "Lol girls hot". He was extremely witty and likable once he was in control of the game. I wasn't actively rooting for his downfall (though I did enjoy Jenna taking him out lol).

Rob returned for All-Stars, but unfortunately had a target on his back from the get-go. All the winners were being targeted, and while Rob didn't win, he had the reputation as the best to never win. And since he was on a tribe with no winners, he was the next best thing. Boston Rob and Amber took control of the tribe immunity and Rob had absolutely no room to maneuver. I think All-Stars could have been a lot better season had Rob lasted longer, so it was a shame to lose him to soon. Especially watching him get played by Boston Rob was pretty difficult to watch.

Rob is one of the few players I keep up with post-show as I really enjoy listening to Rob Has A Podcast. It's pretty crazy what an empire he has built just to talk about reality television. As far as I know, he makes a really good living off of it and has many employees talking about every reality show possible. And this past year he has made an effort to hire more people of color and to add more diversity to his panels and I really appreciate him for that. Rob has matured so much since his time on the show and it's a joy to see. But I'm basing most of these rankings on the show itself, and I wasn't crazy about some of Rob's jokes so this is where I have to rank him.

@Alex95 @*Amanda @sublymonal @Elliott @#jeah @hayden98 @JC @Steven_ @Zoey

3 minutes ago, Elliott said:

lol Rob and Ian were the only guys in here I even had any strong feelings on anyway :dead:

Yul only ranked high for us because of my husband

I can always count on Andrew for taste ❤️ 

Alex

3. Sue Hawk

4. Sean Rector

9. Michaela Bradshaw

10. Peih-Gee Law

11. Crystal Cox

13. Heidi Strobel

14. Kim Spradlin-Wolfe

15. Rob Cesternino 

17. Ian Rosenberger