Films of the Decade Rankdown

Alex95

5 hours ago, Steven_ said:

The first Jurassic Park is one of my favorite movies ever

MY FAVORITE EVERRRR

Brachiosaurus

My favorite dinosaur!!!

I never got around to watching this movie...

one Brachiosaurus makes her way to the edge of the island and cries out for help. She's crying and crying, but the humans just watch as they escape. So, this dinosaur can't do anything to save herself and can only keep crying for help until she eventually dies due to the eruption

....aaaaaand now I never will. Holy sh*t that's a yikes

15 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

....aaaaaand now I never will. Holy sh*t that's a yikes

The worst. 😭

The death isn’t shown in the film, just to clarify. The last you see is smoke clouding around the poor dinosaur as she’s still crying out. But still very sad and unnecessary. 😰

1 minute ago, aliasocfan said:

If I have the pleasure of cutting Jurassic World, I might just spend the time ranting about how gratuitous the assistant's death was. 

In Fallen Kingdom, the dramatic smoke death should have gone to a vicious carnivore. 

That was the worst part of Jurassic World. Very unnecessary too.

And agreed. That poor Brachiosaurus. :(

50 minutes ago, aliasocfan said:

If I have the pleasure of cutting Jurassic World, I might just spend the time ranting about how gratuitous the assistant's death was. 

I'd spend half my write-up on that and half my write-up on how I want to kiss Katie McGrath on the lips every time I see her on screen. And then end it with a gif of Katie McGrath and Gemma Chan making out for a tv show (AKA MY DREAM COME TRUE)

friends-with-benefits-5069d2f0b799e.png

tumblr_m63ahh0dtR1qeldcio1_500.gif

A romantic comedy, Friends with Benefits was released in 2011 where it starred Mila Kunis & Justin Timberlake in the lead role - I would like to know who told Justin Timberlake to pursue acting because this ain't it, not like his singing is it either.  And onto the movie, there's also appearances by Patricia Clarkson, Jenna Elfman, Bryan Greenberg, Nolan Gould, Richard Jenkins, and Woody Harrelson.  

The plot revolves around Dylan Harper (Timberlake) and Jamie Rellis (Kunis), who meet in New York City, and naively believe adding sex to their friendship will not lead to complications. Over time, they begin to develop deep mutual feelings for each other, only to deny it each time they are together. After a while, Jamie feels that she needs more than a FWB kind of deal so she decides that she's ready to date again - she starts dating someone which lead to a break-up with Dylan there to help through it. In hope to keep the break-up out of her mind, Dylan invites Jamie to spend with him and his family during the 4th of July weekend. As they spend more time, they discover that they do have a real connection. However, in true romantic comedy fashion, they have some disagreements and drama to only have them making out at the end of the movie.

Overall, the movie was well-received & the movie managed to be a commercial success. However, I didn't really care for the movie - perhaps I was tired of seeing all the same kind of romantic comedy within the same year. While the movie is exactly what you expect it to be, I thought some of the other movies with the same plot did it better - I find it hilarious that Natalie Portman & Mila Kunis both starred in a similar romantic comedy within the same year, following the success of Black Swan.

SAVING: CHARLIE ST. CLOUD

Edited by *Chris

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug

25f8749e5da4daa08e66effd8f4d418e.gif

tenor.gif?itemid=13351814

I love J. R. R. Tolkien's work. I was amazed that they did a solid job at translating The Lord of the Rings books to film. So you can imagine how my disappointment progressed stage by stage at everything related with what they did to The Hobbit. So I'm so glad I can get this out of here for my sanity. First, this feels very padded. And that's an issue all Hobbit movies have. You feel like you are watching stuff that should have been left on the editing floor. And with the movie being so close to the 3 hr mark, that's a very big mark against it. Smaug was okay? That's the only positive I have. Anyway, sad this fell off the rails, but it was expected the moment they turned a book into 3 movies lmao.

Save: whoever that happened to sit next to this Hobbit movie

Thor: Dark World

Thor_-_The_Dark_World_poster.jpg

9d7365233afbfda94f56a0d068e108e5.gif

Thor: Dark World is just a terrible movie. It is really bad. However, is not my least favorite MCU movie. That one will show up in my next set of noms 🙂

I always love me some Chris Hemworth and I always love me some Natalie Portman but they had like zero chemistry together. Natalie Portman had more chemistry with Hayden Christensen in the Star Wars movies, ok I'm exaggerating but close enough. Natalie Portman had more chemistry with Mila Kunis in Black Swam and with Jennifer Jason Leigh, Gina Rodriguez, Tessa Thompson and Tuva Novotny in Annihilation. Conclusion: Natalie Portman's characters should always interact with other female characters.

THE END

Oh Dark World. The second Thor movie. The worst of the Thor movies. Thank god they cut Thor hair for the next movies. In this movie Thor and Loki team up to protect the Nine Realms from the Dark Elves. They succeed in doing it. They didn't succeed in making me like the movie. Nearly two hours of a boring movie that just dragged and dragged. Natalie Portman decided she had enough of the MCU because of this movie. Until they rightfully acknowledged that she deserved better and is now gonna be the new Thor. Let's see if they are able to improve their chemistry.

NOW IT IS IN FACT THE END 

Saving Solo

tumblr_pfng51yp2H1qlt8foo3_r2_250.gifv

HOBBS & SHAW

staredown GIF by Hobbs and Shaw

Who looked at the Fast & Furious franchise and went, "You know what the viewers want? 137 minutes of The Rock and Jason Statham." I say this as someone that lowkey likes the movies and even I had no interest in seeing this. I know Universal wants to cash in on the MCU coin and start their own cinematic universe, but this ain't it. Hobbs & Shaw is a spin-off film that takes place after 2017's Fate of the Furious (this franchise can constantly change their stylizations to be corny, but not a single person came up with F8 of the Furious? k.) and the upcoming F9 (again... we get F9, but not F8 of the Furious??). Meaning that if you want to understand the "plot" of F9, you have to see this. Oy vey. Anyway, the film cost $200 million and made $760 million, so it did turn a profit. Anyway, it was a success, so other spin-offs are coming. Apparently there's rumours of Jordana Brewster and Michelle Rodriguez having their own film, and I'm here for that. They're by far the best part of the films.

Okay bye.

SAVE: X-Men

Jason Bourne (2016 dir. by Paul Greengrass)

0fxX58kNlu3vfIz0H0LqG02-FiFp_zqX2a4TWdQA

How many of these movies are there? Honestly. Matt Damon sucks. That is why this film, which is like the seventeenth in the Bourne series, is getting eliminated. 

Jason Bourne is the fifth film in the series and serves as a direct sequel to The Bourne Ultimatum, which was released in 2007. The film focuses on Jason Bourne while on the run from the CIA, since all he ever does in these films is run away from the CIA. In this film, Jason Bourne seems to be searching for truths about his father. To make matters more difficult for Bourne, CIA Director Robert Dewey, portrayed by Tommy Lee Jones, sends out the head of cyber-security, Heather Lee portrayed by Alicia Vikander, to hunt him down. 

The film also stars Julia Stiles, Vincent Cassel, and Riz Ahmed. Notably missing from this film is Jeremy Renner, due to scheduling conflicts. Apparently most critics were disappointed in his absence. Critics also claimed the film to be an unnecessary sequel that barely moves the plot along from the third film. I guess before this movie, Jason Bourne could not be found, which was sort of a big deal. In this movie, Jason Bourne is just out-and-about, which makes a lot of people question this film. Most critics say it's a passable film with some great action sequences, praising Alicia Vikander and Matt Damon for their performances. But the film is just an okay one.

Most films involving Matt Damon are just okay films.

SAVING: Nanny McPhee Returns