Films of the Decade Rankdown

Alex95

17 minutes ago, totes4totes said:

John Wick is incredible!

I believe the fight choreographer for John Wick also did Birds of Prey!

Loved Birds of Prey and the fight choreography there as well, not surprised it's the same person.

3 hours ago, NGM said:

Lone Survivor 

Lone_Survivor_poster.jpg

I had no idea this film existed tbh. Like I’m seeing it was nominated for awards and sh!t but I don’t remember ever watching it or seeing its name lmao. Is this how Wally feels in other rankdowns??

:dead: 

I knew a really good amount in the Music and TV Shows Rankdown games. 😘 

3 hours ago, Alex95 said:

That's 99 words @NGM (yes I am that petty)

:dead: 

Red (2010 dir. by Robert Schwentke)

source.gif

Red is actually a pretty good film. I only saved Anna because people seem to want it to be saved? Red is an action-comedy film based on a limited comic-book series of the same name. Red is a DC comic series created by Warren Ellis and Cully Hamner. 

The cast of Red is high-caliber. Helen Mirren, Bruce Willis, Morgan Freeman, John Malkovich, Mary-Louise Parker, and Karl Urban. Bruce Willis portrays the main protagonist of the film, Frank Moses, the character described by the title of the film.

"R - Retired

ED - Extremely Dangerous"

Frank Moses is a lonely, retired black-ops CIA agent that craves some interaction with a General Services Administration pension office worker named Sara Ross Parker. Moses begins to call Parker to let her know that his pension checks have not arrived yet and strikes up conversation with her this way. One night, an assassination squad attempts to kill him, but he easily dispatches them. Frank quickly realizes that his phone has been tapped, and Sarah is likely going to be their next victim. The rest of the film follows Frank as he kidnaps/rescues Sarah and fights back against hits placed on him by the CIA. Frank assembles a team of his retired colleagues to find out who is targeting him and why.

The action in this film is top-notch. Honestly. The film itself? Just okay. There is a ton of wit and humor in the film, which is probably the highlight of the movie. But the superb cast is underutilized, which is my biggest complaint. There could have been more intrigue and more depth in the story, but it's just a fun action movie. The film made $199 million on a $58 million budget. Reviews for the film were mostly positive. Even snatched a nomination at the Golden Globes for Best Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy. 

A really bad sequel was made, but this film probably deserved to rank a little bit higher. Oh well, not pressed!

SAVING: Anna

Okay @Steven_ is next to nominate 18 fantasy films.

I have a family emergency going on right now and possibly the next few days I'm not sure if I'll be 100% active (or maybe I will be more active to distract myself idk lol). If it's your turn and I don't say anything, feel free to go.

1 minute ago, Alex95 said:

I have a family emergency going on right now and possibly the next few days I'm not sure if I'll be 100% active (or maybe I will be more active to distract myself idk lol). If it's your turn and I don't say anything, feel free to go.

Hope everything is okay Alex. Best wishes. 🤎

10 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Best wishes, Alex. Hopefully everything will be okay.

NOMINATIONS

About Time (2013)
Alien: Covenant (2017)
Alita: Battle Angel (2019)
Another Earth (2011)
Downsizing (2017)
Goosebumps (2015)
Happy Death Day 2U (2019)
Minions (2015)
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (2016)
Nanny McPhee Returns (2010)
Riddick (2013)
Rise of the Planet of the Apes (2011)
Sausage Party (2016)
Star Wars: Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker (2019)
Ted (2012)
The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies (2014)
The Host (2013)
What Men Want (2019)