Films of the Decade Rankdown

Alex95

download.php?type=download&image=5122&se 

CwR6.gif

Since it's lifeline in this rankdown was limited, and I was tired of saving it - not a favourite of mine but I like any political biographical movie, and this one was no exception as I saw it during my first year of University with classmates. Anyway, back onto the movie, it was released in 2011 where it portrays the life of Margaret Thatcher - the first Female Prime Minister of the UK, as well as the longest serving Prime Minister; she's no doubt one of the most influential political figure of the 1980s, for many reasons whether good or bad depending who you would ask.  "The Iron Lady" was portrayed by Meryl Streep for which she earned an Oscar despite it not being one of her better role - the award could have went to Michelle Williams or Viola Davis, in my opinion.  Overall,  the movie was decent - I really enjoyed the scene where Thatcher is having a discussion how to improve her appearance & voice where they wanted her to get rid of the pearls: "I may be persuaded to surrender the hat. The pearls, however, are absolutely non-negotiable.".  With that being said, I felt like the movie felt to discuss some important policies she was known for, as well as the lack of historical inaccuracies. To conclude, I am fairly content with having carried to this point of the rankdown, but it's not time to focus on my ultimate favourites. 

SAVING: A STAR IS BORN

Celeste and Jesse Forever

Celeste_and_jesse_forever.jpg

tumblr_mw3iwsmCV31rizu9io1_500.gif

Celeste and Jesse Forever is a 2012 romantic comedy-drama film directed by Lee Toland Krieger. The movie follows Celeste and Jesse, a couple that met in high school and got married young. Celeste is a high-powered businesswoman and Jesse is a budding novelist and they're are deemed by their friends as the ideal couple. The only problem is that they have decided to get divorced. So that's the premise for y'all. The movie received good reviews with a 71% Tomatoscore and a 59 Metascore. The cast of the movie included Rashida Jones ❤️, Andy Samberg, Elijah Wood and Emma Roberts ❤️, among others. While I always enjoy Rashida Jones whenever I see her on screen, Andy Samberg does nothing for me so I won't be checking this film. The movie only made $3M in the box office but then again its budget was only $800K so I guess it was a success. However it won't be successful in this rankdown as it is departing right now.

Saving Southpaw (because Jake Gyllenhaal and Rachel McAdams are two of my favorite actors ever)

GloomyLazyIaerismetalmark-size_restricte

DALLAS BUYERS CLUB

dallas-buyers-club-52ee793308592.jpg

I initially refused to see this film out of principle for having transgender characters and hiring cisgender actors to play them. 🙄 Anyway, Dallas Buyers Club centres around the initial AIDS outbreak that Reagan did nothing about, and focuses on a gay male played by Matthew McConaughey who would smuggle experimental drugs into Texas to help he and his friends out. The film also stars Jennifer Garner and 30 Seconds to Mars frontman Jared Leto, who notably won an award for his “brave” performance and initially forgot to mention trans people in his acceptance speech. 🙃 Naturally the film won critical acclaim and made its budget back. Still doesn’t negate they didn’t hire trans actors to play the trans characters.

SAVE: 4th Man Out

Cake

Z5ju.gif

I was racking my brain trying to figure out what the Cake movie was about or who it starred and when I saw the poster it clicked. This was the movie that was supposed to get Jennifer Aniston an Oscar. But womp womp it never came to pass and she wasn't even nominated. She did get the nominations for the Golden Globes and SAG Awards. No Oscar though! Sorry, Jen. Cake was released back in 2014 and is categorized as an American drama film. The film was directed by Daniel Barnz and written by Patrick Tobin. The movie starred Jennifer Aniston, Adriana Barraza, Felicity Huffman, William H. Macy, Anna Kendrick, and Sam Worthington. The film follows Jennifer Aniston as Claire Bennett who a mother who survived a car accident that claimed her son. She is a former defense attorney and is heavily scarred by the ordeal and now suffers from chronic pain. Jennifer Aniston's dramatic performance received positive reviews and the film itself received mixed reviews. It was a box office bomb though. It lost money. The film has a 48% approval rating on RT so I think mostly the film sucks but Jennifer is good in it. I saved Rush for @#jeah so you are welcome. 😘

Save: Rush

• Like 1

Premium Rush

220px-Premium_rush_film.jpg

The deadline is coming up, so I am going with the first recommendation. This movie was released in 2012. It earned about 31 million at Box Office and had a 35 million budget. Ouch. Too bad I did not see this movie during the previously round. Oh well. It is classified as a action, thriller movie. 

This movie does one of my least favorite things in movies: it it shown out of chronological order. (yes, I understand there is a correct way to do it) In most cases, however, it is just a cheap way to make you have to watch the movie more than once to understand it. 

I like Joseph Gordon-Levitt. The premise sounds a bit interesting. If it was on a streaming site, I would watch it. 

Saving Somewhere