Films of the Decade Rankdown

Alex95

seeking-a-friend-for-the-end-of-the-world-50fd875ea2afe.png

200.gif

Seeking a Friend for the End of the World is known as the underdog movie of this rankdown, after being nominate a bunch of times - I am actually surprised that Victoria nominated it after she kept saving it for Alex #sorryAlex. Anyway, the movie in question was released in 2012 & it is known as a romantic comedy featuring Steve Carell & Keira Knightley. It follows the life of two strangers - Dodge Pettersen & Penny - who meet & help each other after the announcement of an asteroid that is about to have an impact where the entire life on Earth will be wiped out. They experienced some weird adventures throughout the movie, until they have to say their goodbyes at the end of the movie.  As a whole, the movie had mixed reviews & it was a box office bomb - at this point of the rankdown, this is a generous spot for the movie, which was alright in my opinion.

SAVING: RUST & BONE

Not bothered by this cut at all :dead:. I think I asked for it to be saved once when it was the only movie nominated that I've seen. I thought the movie was fine but not something that needs to last long. Also Knightley's performance is amazing.

1 hour ago, Alex95 said:

I like the movie Moneyball well enough but #slayyyyyyyyyyy @ that rant.

It's a good movie. But my friend is BIG into baseball so I have this conversation about how much Moneyball ruined the sport like once a week with her during baseball season. (Which is DUMBLY about to come back like next week).

2 minutes ago, Deeee said:

I need a bit of an extension! But if anybody cuts Scott Pilgrim, I will blow up this game. Because WTF. LOL 

Well noms were just posted two hours ago, do you need an extension over 22 hours? :dead:

The Book of Life

The_Book_of_Life_(2014_film)_poster.jpg

giphy.gif

The Book of Life is a 2014 animated musical fantasy adventure comedy film directed by Jorge R. Gutierrez and produced by Guillermo Del Toro. The movie is based on an original idea from Gutierrez about a bullfighter that, on the Day of the Dead, embarks on an adventure in three fantastical world where he must face his greatest fears. So this is movie is about a bullfighter so automatically a no for me. The cast of the film included the voices from: Diego Luna ❤️, Zoe Zaldana ❤️, Channing Tatum, Christina Applegate ❤️, Ice Cube, Ron Perlman, Kate del Castillo, Hector Elizondo and Dan Navarro. The movie made $100M in the box office against a budget of $50M which is fine I guess. The movie got good reviews from critics and it was even nominated for a Golden Globe for Best Animated Feature Film and rightfully losing to How to train your Dragon 2 :wub:

Saving Okja

tenor.gif?itemid=9191530

Fighting With My Family 

exclusive-fighting-with-my-family-clip.jpg

I need to rush this write up and I have seen this movie, so that makes it easier. I ended up seeing an advance screening of this movie. It got me back into wrestling after a very long hiatus. I was legit amazed how women's wrestling is being treated now. (don't be fooled though, the major evolution within wrestling came from the 4 Horsewomen, not Paige) 

This is based off of a documentary of the same name. This movie came into existence because the Rock couldn't sleep on night and ended up seeing the documentary.

Florence Pugh portrays Saraya (wrestling name Paige) Honestly if Paige was actually like how she's portrayed in this movie, I would still like her right now.  The movie follows her entire family and they are all wrestlers.  Paige and her older brother Zach, both get try outs for the WWE. (in real life, Paige doesn't get in until her 2nd try out) Paige is the only one chosen from the try out. (honestly, her brothers arc in the movie >) 

The movie pretends that FCW doesn't exist and that she got signed into NXT. It also pretends that NXT didn't have shows on the Network. (a minor detail that Paige was the first NXT Women's Champion) Instead they just show some training and her getting the Divas's Championship (thank God it's now the Women's Championship) on her first day. For some reason, AJ Lee is dressed like one of the Bella Twins. 

Saving Scott Pilgram vs the World