Goofy (Mickey & Friends)

Mickey Mouse (Mickey & Friends)

Minnie Mouse (Mickey & Friends)

Woody (Toy Story)

Roger Rabbit (Who Framed Roger Rabbit?)

On 8/5/2020 at 12:26 AM, NGM said:

Lock, Shock, and Barrel 

latest?cb=20190620221415

Kinda surprised no one targeted them harder till now but hey, this close to the top 100 is not a bad spot to end up (RIP all of my other faves that went out this round as well). They start as Oogie Boogie's henchmen, causing chaos since they wanna have fun (out of fear, since they have kinda no loyalty to him and fear him). They don't really do much plot wise, but they have their fun moments (like capturing the Easter Bunny instead of Santa). They were voiced by Danny Elfman, Catherine O'Hara, and Paul Reubens. Well I guess that's it for them, out they go from the rankdown.

Save: Ernesto

Thanks Nico for the write-up!

Rapunzel (Tangled)

tenor.gif?itemid=16017046

I really enjoy Tangled to be honest. Rapunzel becoming such a big deal for Disney after the release of that film was unexpected, but the movie is good so I can see why! So then why am I cutting Rapunzel? Mainly because Tangled is good, but not incredible. A fun watch, but not iconic by any means. Except Mother Gothel. I find her to be iconic as a character. 

My main issue is that for a Disney Princess film released in 2010, you would hope that Rapunzel could be something more than your generic fairytale princess character! But she is not unfortunately. I mean, she has a bit more spunk and energy and liveliness than most of the Disney Princesses. That is a good thing. But Rapunzel still falls into so many of the archaic tropes that it really is hard to support her as this modern, more fleshed out princess that Disney portrays her to be. I have not watched Before Ever After nor have I watched Tangled: The Series. Maybe she does become more like a character that I would appreciate.

But I just do not really love the traditional story of hers. Locked in a tower. Evil "stepmother." A family waiting for her. Finds out her true identity. She is special. Falls in love. Animal best friend. Man almost dies. She loses her hair. But she is still magical. BECAUSE HER TEARS. Blah blah blah. Like I know it's an old story, but that is why you can do a re-imagining! Use your imagination! Rapunzel is just a predictable character.

And even their attempts at making her seem far more independent fall short when in reality she even confesses that she needs Flynn Rider. Upsetting. Rapunzel is without a doubt the heart of the movie. Mandy Moore portrays her extremely well and her singing is on point. But Rapunzel just falls short of being this incredibly iconic princess imo. Way better than most. She is easy to love. She makes you laugh. She has a lot of talents. But she is still too held back imo from her full potential. This is a super respectable placement for her though!

Also.

Mother Gothel >>>>>>>>>> Rapunzel.