@1234567890 - 1st

@*Chris - 5th

Public - 8th

@Alex95 - 9th

@Solaris - 13th

@Zoey - 15th

@NGM - 22nd

@Elliott - 23rd

I ranked Tamyra 22nd. It wasn't really a shady ranking, I have fond memories of her from her time on the show, and I still think her and Kelly were the rightful Top 2, but I also haven't followed her career since the show, so I don't have much to go by that would make me rank her any higher. I know she's written lots of songs for other people, including Season 3's iconic winner's single, "I Believe". Fantasia's win wouldn't be what it was without that song. She's also done her share of acting on broadway. I even had the privilege of seeing her in Rent on Broadway, where she played Mimi and was great. I was curious to see where she'd end up in the final ranking since we knew she was a threat to win after last year, but I think this is a great spot for her when you consider who is left.

On 8/31/2020 at 10:30 PM, 1234567890 said:

Tamyra Gray

NippyNiftyGuanaco-size_restricted.gif

I'm shocked that she actually has a gif that could use. :dead: Tamyra Gray was my favorite contestant on American Idol Season One and my favorite contestant of all-time. She got bested at one point by David Archuleta but she reclaimed her throne. Tamyra's audition was used heavily to promote the show if I remember correctly. The show wasn't the hit it was because it was an unknown talent show at the time. Tamyra was an obvious front runner and the judges personal favorite along with Justin Guarini. Funny how things panned out. Tamyra has the distinction of being the first contestant to sing during the semi-finalists portion when she belted "And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going" by Jennifer Holliday. She made it to the Top 10 along with Ryan Starr and Jim Verraros. She also has the distinction of being the firs shock elimination when she was booted in 4th place instead of Nikki McKibbin. The judges were floored because everyone thought she would either be in the finale or win. Tamyra had many standout performances but everyone knows the one that reigns supreme is "A House Is Not A Home" by Luther Vandross. It was a moment and I loved how her and Kelly just upped their game every week. It was like they were on their own show and everyone else was vying for 10th through 3rd. Tamyra, ultimately placed 4th and I was devastated. I remember crying she she was eliminated, throwing my shoe at the TV and breaking it and missing school the next day. Good times. :giggle:Tamyra went on to release a debut album "Dreamer" and was on Kelly Clarkson's debut album as well. I love the friendship Kelly and her have kept up throughout the years. She's even been a guest on Kelly's shows and I was lucky to be in the audience for one of them. Tamyra most has done Broadway since the show and got married to Color Me Badd's Sam Watters. I don't know where she will placed but I am just glad I had apart of her making it here.

On 8/31/2020 at 10:42 PM, *Chris said:

TAMYRA GRAY

Tamyra-Gray.jpg

Coming in at #5, it is Tamyra Gray from the original season - this ranking is partly for Victoria. As I love both Tamyra & Kelly Clarkson, I ended up ranking Tamyra a spot above Kelly - in reality, I do prefer Kelly Clarkson but I also love Tamyra Gray.

In my opinion, Tamyra Gray is incredibly talented and I've had that thoughts ever since her time on Season 1 - she was able to deliver one of my all-time favourite performance with "A House Is Not A Home", and a special shoutout to "Minnie The Moocher" and "And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going" which are in my Top 10 performances of the OG season.  Not only is she a talented singer who appeared in multiple musicals, she's also the co-writer of "I Believe" which is also known as the best coronation single - this should be enough for her to make it into the Top 10 but it may be hard to achieve with Elliott around.

On 8/26/2020 at 12:01 AM, Alex95 said:

I would love to rank her even higher because I know Tamyra will need all the help she could get from her inevitable bottom five ranking from Elliott. However, I am overwhelmed by the amount of rockers in this endgame and I need to stay on brand and look out for them first. Tamyra Gray is the original Idol GOAT. I know Kelly Clarkson...well she's obviously Kelly Clarkson. She goes beyond Idol. But we cannot ignore Tamyra Gray! Take "New Attitude" out of the equation and you have a FLAWLESS run on the show from Tamyra. Personally, I'm partial to "Minnie the Moocher" as my favorite Tamyra performance. Not only is it a pitch perfect vocal, but she just shows so much attitude and personality. It's the Tamyra performance I revisit the most. "Fool In Love" is a VERY close second though. And I mean I still haven't even mentioned "And I Am Telling You" or "A House Is Not a Home"! The amount of ~moments~ Tamyra has in such a short run on the show is absolutely bonkers to me. Her elimination is absolutely criminal and is the first major Idol injustice (though Christina Christian also robbed). I may love my rocker gurls, but that love does not extent to Nikki McKibben who should still be calling Tamyra up on the phone and asking her for forgiveness to this day. I don't think Tamyra will be able to hit her amazing second place peak again like she did in the iconic first game, but I hope she can do well again.

On 8/30/2020 at 9:52 PM, NGM said:

Strategic ranking. She placed second last time and I’m hoping to see someone else win. Super talented tho, and deserves a lot of praise for her Idol run.

On 8/28/2020 at 11:37 PM, Elliott said:

Tamyra's a fantastic vocalist, but I've just never really sipped the Tamyra Kool-Aid. In her season alone, I preferred Kelly, Nikki, R.J., Christina and Ryan. :ph34rwave: A House is Not a Home has obviously stood the test of time as one of Idol's all-time greats, but considering I was a Nikki stan during season one, it should be obvious that I was living for that results show. :giggle: Most notably, Tamyra co-wrote the season three coronation single of I Believe, which is still the best coronation single so at least there's that. I'm sure Victoria has written enough about her so moving on.

Edited by sublymonal

Alex

03. Haley Reinhart

06. Elise Testone

07. Carly Smithson

08. Adam Lambert

09. Tamyra Gray

11. Blake Lewis

12. Trent Harmon

13. Jennifer Hudson

14. Jurnee

15. Vonzell Solomon

16. Brooke White

17. Trenyce

20. Kimberley Locke

21. Kree Harrison

23. David Archuleta

24. Lee DeWyze

Chris

02. Brooke White

03. Kimberley Locke

05. Tamyra Gray

09. Kree Harrison

10. David Archuleta

11. Lee DeWyze

12. Trent Harmon

15. Carly Smithson

16. Elise Testone

17. Blake Lewis

18. Jennifer Hudson

20. Adam Lambert

21. Vonzell Solomon

22. Trenyce

23. Jurnee

24. Haley Reinhart

Elliott

01. Lee DeWyze

02. Trent Harmon

04. Blake Lewis

07. Carly Smithson

10. David Archuleta

11. Brooke White

13. Elise Testone

15. Kree Harrison

16. Kimberley Locke

17. Trenyce

18. Jennifer Hudson

19. Jurnee

20. Adam Lambert

22. Vonzell Solmon

23. Tamyra Gray

24. Haley Reinhart

Nico

02. Adam Lambert

05. Trent Harmon

06. Elise Testone

10. Carly Smithson

11. Blake Lewis

12. Haley Reinhart

13. Jennifer Hudson

14. Trenyce

15. Kimberley Locke

16. Kree Harrison

17. Brooke White

18. Jurnee

19. Lee DeWyze

20. David Archuleta

22. Tamyra Gray

24. Vonzell Solomon

Public

07. Haley Reinhart

08. Tamyra Gray

10. Trent Harmon / David Archuleta

13. Vonzell Solomon

14. Jennifer Hudson

15. Adam Lambert

16. Blake Lewis / Kimberley Locke

18. Brooke White

19. Elise Testone

20. Trenyce / Kree Harrison

22. Carly Smithson

23. Jurnee

24. Lee DeWyze

Sola

03. Haley Reinhart

05. Jurnee

10. Kree Harrison

11. Vonzell Solomon

12. David Archuleta

13. Tamyra Gray

14. Carly Smithson

15. Jennifer Hudson

16. Lee DeWyze

17. Brooke White

18. Adam Lambert

19. Elise Testone

20. Blake Lewis

21. Kimberley Locke

23. Trent Harmon

24. Trenyce

Victoria

01. Tamyra Gray

02. David Archuleta

03. Vonzell Solomon

04. Trenyce

08. Kree Harrison

10. Brooke White

11. Kimberley Locke

13. Jennifer Hudson

16. Jurnee

18. Carly Smithson

19. Adam Lambert

20. Blake Lewis

21. Trent Harmon

22. Elise Testone

23. Lee DeWyze

24. Haley Reinhart

Zoey

01. Vonzell Solomon

05. Trenyce

06. Kree Harrison

07. Kimberley Locke

08. Jurnee

09. David Archuleta

10. Jennifer Hudson

12. Brooke White

13. Carly Smithson

14. Blake Lewis

15. Tamyra Gray

16. Elise Testone

17. Trent Harmon

18. Haley Reinhart

21. Lee DeWyze

23. Adam Lambert

58 minutes ago, sublymonal said:

9 (tie). David Archuleta

My #1. ❤️ I’m very happy with his placement, especially considering the response I’ve seen him get my some. 😔 Obviously, I would have him over all the other nine left, but hey, I’m happy he at least got this far... In terms of David Cook being the Season 7 winner, I’m actually not mad. Both were deserving of the rankdown win, and it wasn’t Brooke like last time, so 👏Angels is one of my favorite Idol performances of all-time, and Archie has produced some of my favorite songs too. 😊 Overall, amazing, wholesome contestant that deserves this high placement. 😄

5 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

My #1. ❤️ I’m very happy with his placement, especially considering the response I’ve seen him get my some. 😔 Obviously, I would have him over all the other nine left, but hey, I’m happy he at least got this far... In terms of David Cook being the Season 7 winner, I’m actually not mad. Both were deserving of the rankdown win, and it wasn’t Brooke like last time, so 👏Angels is one of my favorite Idol performances of all-time, and Archie has produced some of my favorite songs too. 😊 Overall, amazing, wholesome contestant that deserves this high placement. 😄

Now you know how I felt about Brooke ❤️ 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

I'm rather shocked @NGM's ranking. He was the only rank that shocked me for Tamyra.

It would change somewhat, but not by a big margin. The only changes I did to my personal ranking was flipping my #2 and #3 (to try to give Adam whatever extra push I could, not that it mattered lol) and flipping the order for my 18-23 spots