@1234567890 - 2nd

@Zoey - 9th

@*Chris - 10th

@Elliott - 10th

Public - 10th

@Solaris - 12th

@NGM - 20th

@Alex95 - 23rd

I ranked Archie 14th, which is probably higher than I would have ranked him during or after the Idol season. I definitely bought into the David vs. David hype and because I was a huge Cook fan, I felt like I couldn't like Archie. I also felt like compared to some of the older, more experienced contestants that season, Archie felt a bit amateurish at times, even if he turned in a handful of really good performances and was part of what made the season so interesting. Though, if I had my way, I would have had several contestants last longer than him. :ph34rwave: Cue Victoria shading me for several pages again. Anyway, I've since grown to like Archie more. I like a lot of his original music and he seems like a nice guy, but I just like the contestants I ranked above him more. 

On 8/31/2020 at 10:30 PM, 1234567890 said:

giphy.gif

David James Archuleta. I'm shocked this man made the finals because I thought for sure someone would cut him along the way. I am pleasantly surprised that he managed to make it the Top 24. David Archuleta was my favorite contestant from American Idol Season7 and and one point overtook Tamyra Gray as my #1 favorite contestant of all-time. I even chanced my username to David Archuleta. :dead: I was super young when American Idol Season 7 aired so naturally I had a crush on him but the boy could sing as well. He was the obvious front runner of this season and David Cook just managed to take the crown from him. They were both deserving imo. My favorite performance of David's will always be "Imagine" by John Lennon. It was such a moment for him. Since Idol he has released many albums and even had a #2 single with "Crush". He went on break to do a mission and came back with some more music and even released music this year. I've seen him the second amount in concert with the first being Kelly Clarkson. The YouTube video of him losing and those girls losing their minds will always be iconic to me maybe because at the time I could relate. :dead:

On 8/31/2020 at 9:52 PM, *Chris said:

DAVID ARCHULETA
david-archuleta-2.jpg

Coming in #10 as a deal with Victoria, it is David Archuleta from the 7th season of American Idol aka one of my favourite season - this ranking was not difficult to make as I was a fan of David on the 7th season. In fact, I would consider David Archuleta as one of the contestant that would have been in my Top 4  which in part due to performances such as "Imagine", "Smoky Mountain Memories" and "Don't Let The Sun Go Down on Me".

With that being said, I'm not too sure if I would have him as high as I did especially over Trent whom I know Victoria ranked low on her end. Congrats to him & Victoria for making it this far!

On 8/22/2020 at 6:07 PM, Alex95 said:

Not sure if this is one of my better kept secrets or if literally everyone knew this, but I very much do not like David Archuleta. I found his "Aww shucks" act on the show to be phony, I think the majority of his performance are boring/mediocre, a few of them are downright awful, and then very few of them I actually enjoy. I didn't target him for the majority of the game though because Victoria has been very nice to me lol (so now she's gonna hate me :dead:). I genuinely enjoy the other 22 contestants more and I am afraid of Archie winning this whole thing so I stand by this ranking (and I don't consider it petty!) Anyways onto his time on the show. "Angels" was probably my favorite performance of his. I hadn't heard of that song before and I actually thought it was a very beautiful performance that he connected well too and it was the best performance of the night. "Imagine" is obviously his big moment and he definitely impressed me with that performance. I never considered it to be one of the all-time great performances, but I'm certainly a fan of it and he obviously sang the hell out of it. Other than those two performances, he doesn't have a single other performance that stands out in a positive way for me. He was just extremely bland and predictable performing ballad after ballad. But I guess I can't really blame him for sticking with ballads. Because when he attempted to go upbeat with performances like "We Can Work It Out", "Sweet Caroline", or "With You"......OR LORD! So many trainwrecks! I was frequently annoyed because Archie frequently skated by week after week despite boring me to tears or just being awful. While Michael and Carly were getting robbed and Syesha was becoming a bottom three queen, Archie was doing the bare minimum and thriving. I really thought we were heading to a David Archuleta victory, so David Cook snatching the crown at the last second was the highlight of the season for me. My favorite Archie moment is easily this though:

Edited by sublymonal
  • Sad 1

Lol damn, I wanted to post the video of those girls freaking out over his loss lmfao. Still f*cking hilarious to this day.

I was actually an Archie fan in the beginning, he impressed me with "Heaven" in Hollywood and was one of my favorites going into the top 24. Other than that, you can basically copy/paste what Alex95 wrote for me as well. Deserved to make the top 12 but if it had been up to me, he would've been one of the first ones to go.

My favorite Archie performance was "And So It Goes" by the way.

2 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

And Melinda has the same "Aww shucks" act on the show so don't be hypocritical, @Alex95. :claybleh:

I momentarily thought Alex was a Jordin stan and was like “Why is he shading Archie’s terrible uptempo performances when Jordin also flopped at uptempo?” and then I remembered he isn’t a J-Speezy stan. :haha:

Edited by Elliott

Alex

03. Haley Reinhart

06. Elise Testone

07. Carly Smithson

08. Adam Lambert

11. Blake Lewis

12. Trent Harmon

13. Jennifer Hudson

14. Jurnee

15. Vonzell Solomon

16. Brooke White