Television Shows Rankdown

Steven_

Beauty and the Geek

IPB Image

I never watched this show, but since wikipedia is telling me it's a reality show (and most of my cuts so far are scripted shows), guess it is time to start. It aired on The CW and had 5 seasons, and the basic idea was that you had multiple pairs, each consisting of a "Beauty" (women who rely on looks/beauty to get by) and a "Geek" (men who rely primarily on intellect). This sounds sexist as f*ck, but for mid-00s reality show, that's kinda expected.They competed until one pair won the show. Meh. I'm a few words short so let's praise Wikipedia again for the help it provides.

Save: Masters of Sex

Edited by NGM

IPB Image

o6XO3ec3u38

What is this show? It aired in the early 2000s on Nickelodeon. Have I ever seen it? Absolutely not despite it being a Canadian's show. What is this show about? It's about Caitlin Seeger, a teen girl who has been in & out of the foster system. We can say that Caitlin didn't have much luck in life as she gets kick out of her school then get arrested; following her arrest, she has to choose if she'll go to a youth detention centre or go live with mom's cousin in Montana. To no one surprise, she chooses to move with her deceased mom's cousin - she is living in ranch which is quite the culture shock. But despite all of that, she has one mission in life: to seek a stable and loving family. Did she find that? We don't know because Wikipedia is not stating it nor have I ever seen it.

SAVING: LOVE IT OR LIST IT

Fixer Upper

IPB Image
IPB Image

Fixer Upper is an American reality show about home design and renovation, very much like recently cut, Property Brothers. However, unlike Property Brothers, I've never heard of Fixer Upper before. The show stars a married couple, Chip Gaines and Joanna Gaines, who own a home renovation and redecoration business in Waco, Texas. The show aired for five seasons from 2013 to 2017. The shows is largely credited with the increase in popularity of Farmhouse-chic interior design during the late 2010's, so cool for them I guess. These type of shows are not my cup of tea so this is an easy cut. Sorry to any fan out there if this is a favorite from them, but since it wasn't saved I guess it was not.

Saving Cupcake Wars
IPB Image