Television Shows Rankdown

Steven_

Call the Midwife

51enlFfBO5L.jpg

giphy.gif

Ughh I feel so sorry making this cut as I didn’t really want to do so…..  but I really like or love nearly everything else remaining and this is one of the 2 shows I have no thoughts on…. so gah. Sorry to any Call the Midwife fans for this cut, but I didn’t have many options as I’m gonna lose a number of favorites and don’t want to lose out on those.

Call the Midwife is a BBC period drama that is about a group of nurse midwives and it takes place in East End of London in the late 1950s and 1960s. Call the Midwife has aired for 9 seasons and 73 episodes, and premiered on January 15, 2012 (oooo a day before my birthday). Call the Midwife stars Jessica Raine, Miranda Hart, Helen George, Bryony Hannah, Laura Main, Jenny Agutter, Pam Ferris, Judy Parfitt, Emerald Fennell, Jack Ashton and more. The only name I’m really familiar with here is Helen George, whom I know and loved as a contestant on Strictly Come Dancing, a few years ago….. so I knew of this show solely from her. Call the Midwife has been critically acclaime for covering various topics such as social/cultural/econici issues, nationalized healthcare, barreness, teen pregnancy, adoption, miscarriage, abortion, liliess and disease epidemics, prostitution, incest, rasism, prejudice, same sex attraction and many more important topics. This does sound like a great show.

Here is a trailer to the first season of the show.

Saving: Empire

giphy.gif

Crikey! It’s the Irwins 

81c8483GaNL._RI_.jpg

Crikey! It’s the Irwins is a reality tv show that is currently in its second season on Animal Planet.  The show follows the Irwin family (mother Terri, and children Bindi and Robert) as they carry on the legacy of their late father, Steve Irwin. The show features both their work with the animals at the Australia Zoo and their personal lives. Reading through episode summaries, it seems like they feature a very wide variety of animals (giraffes, koalas, and snakes to name a few). Also, back to the parts about their personal lives, it looks like the season 2 finale features Bindi’s proposal.  I’ve never watched this show personally, but it sounds like it would be an enjoyable and educational show about animals. Also, I’ve seen the family on various talk shows and they all seem very charming. Overall, I feel like this is a decent placement for a show of this type. Hopefully, this cut doesn’t upset anyone too much :heartbounce:

Saving: Grey’s Anatomy

CatDog

dancing GIF by NickSplat

first of all how dare you @Wallace and @.Rei? :( ANYWAY What is a CATDOG? and why is out lasting actual good shows? I could have cut big brother I guess but I love Dani, Jordan, Janelle, Britney too much to do that and it deseves a better write up than I admitting have the effort to give so I'll leave it alone. Ok on to catdog? this seems like a show my 3 1/2 year would like but I have no idea what is about? I am guessing a cat and a dog? Okay fine I'll google it. it's a show about brothers and it was succesful on NICK. I guess for what it was but it's still here? I don't compute. Wiki tells me In 1998, the series was nominated for an Annie Award for Outstanding Individual Achievement for Writing in an Animated Television Production, for "Dog Gone". The recipients would have been Derek Drymon, Robert Porter and Peter Hannan and At the 1999 Kids' Choice Awards, the show was nominated for Favorite Cartoon. However, it lost to Rugrats. It did so again in the 2000 Kids' Choice Awards. COOL. not my kind of show so bye. now exuse my I mourn Tiva, Mcgee, and Call the Midwife for the evening.

Saving Boy Meets World

Big Brother Canada

Am I doing this cut for the lolz yes yes I am. I didnt nominate any of the Big Brother shows but I am pretty sure I know who did. :giggle: Anyways Big Brother Canada came after Big Brother US and they basically copied it's format instead of going with the UK format. I think Big Brother Canada has been around for like 6 seasons but I could be wrong I am about to go out and get drunk so I will fact check that later. Anyways I never bothered to watch the Canada version except for 1 season so out it goes from the rankdown now.

Saving Big Brother US

Hollywood Game Night

giphy.gif

Since Nico is giving away his cut/save I messaged Steven if it would be valid if I took it before the 24 hour mark and he said he was fine. I am going us this opportunity to save Pokémon since I don't know which evil person decided to nominate it. I thought this was a really old show that has been on for a long time so I miss be mistaken this show for something else. Hollywood Game Night premiered on July 11, 2013 and is hosted by Jane Lynch. It's a game show on NBC and follows two contestants who who take part in a game night with the help of three celebrities each. I'm guessing prizes are involved. Sorry to anyone who enjoys this show but it was an easy cut on my end.

1 hour ago, *Diana said:

CatDog

first of all how dare you @Wallace and @.Rei? :(

I'm sorry. :( 

10 minutes ago, NGM said:

idgaf abt anything remaining, so if anyone cares they can take my cut/save

Ooh awww how nice of you. :hug: 

Ah yeah there's plenty of shows I like but hmm not sure if we have to or should wait for the other rankers to make their decisions first? :unsure: