Television Shows Rankdown

Steven_

15 minutes ago, *Chris said:

damn, should have went with the top 30. 

14 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Oof top 30 would've been better noms :duh:. Oh well, the main shows I like have gotten saved! Just rooting for Arrested Development and Watchmen now.

Blaming you two for that. :giggle: 

5 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

I like the 30 we got instead of what could have been.

Samee.

I counted 10 shows I really liked or loved there.  I think I had less here.

The Shannara Chronicles

WXIrMQb.jpg?1

I just recently took notice of this show on the list the other day and had no idea what it was. :haha: I'm not sure if it's been nominated before or not, but with so many shows in the game, I keep coming across more I never realized were here before. :lmao: Anyway, looks like this is a Tom-approved cut, and hopefully nobody else is bothered by it.  The Shannara Chronicles is a fantasy drama show based on the book series The Sword of Shannara by Terry Brooks.  It follows a group of heroes in the Four Lands, as they are on a mission to stop an evil Demon army from destroying the universe. The fate of the world lies in their hands, after the fall of humankind thousands of years prior. The trio of heroes includes Elvin Princess Amberle (played by Poppy Drayton), Human Rover Eretria (played by Ivana Baquero), and half-human/half-elf Wil (played by Austin Butler).  I know Austin and recognized him immediately from the picture.  I think I know maybe one other person among the cast list. Anyway, those three characters are later joined by a mysterious woman named Mareth. The first season of the show followed the plot of the book The Elfstones of Shannara, where demons start to return to the world after being banished to The Forbidding. That is a place that was locked by an ancient tree called the Ellcrys.  The plot followed the journey of the group, as they are guided by Allanon, as they try to protect the Ellcrys from dying, and send the banished demons back where they came from. I don't know what happens in the second season because Wikipedia doesn't want to tell me. :( 

The show was shot in New Zealand, which sounds appealing. :wub:  It aired on MTV for its first season in 2016, before moving to Spike for its second season. It was cancelled after two seasons, although the producers attempted to find another network to air it. It looks like there was no luck and it was officially cancelled after some time. Sorry to the fans. :(  

Saving: Shark Tank

tumblr_ofiqc10svM1rt44k0o1_500.gifv

MV5BMmE1ZGI1YWItM2EyNy00ZDZhLTgyMzUtNjRk

PHIL OF THE FUTURE

Im currently in an excursion up the mountains and can barely get any signal so here is my quick write up for a show zi know I did watch when I was a kid but barely remember what it is about. I just know how Phil looks like because he was kinda cute. I also remember something about Milk being fuel or something too. Lmao anyway. It stars Ricky Ulman for Phil and Ally Michalca is there too. Phil was from 2021 and did some time travelling and got stuck in 2004. He knew amazing inventions and stuff so he did them there. They are forced to pretend they are normal and from the same timeline. Anyway not my favourite disney show but Ricky is hot now.

SAVING LOOKING

Edited by vee_

Correct me if I'm wrong,  but I think this is accurate.

Remaining:

Victoria*

Killing Eve

Saving Hope

Arrested Development

The Mindy Project

All That

The Weakest Link

Watchmen

Pose*

Cougar Town

Velvet

Paradise Hotel

* Claimed, but no write-up yet.

Shannra Chronicles was fun (and bisexual Rover queen Eretria is everything) but it had its issues like modern-day dialogue in a fantasy world so no issues with it getting cut. Mareth is actually from the second season Denise, which was actually better than the first. :haha: Also not surprised you know Austin. :giggle: 

This song featured in it is also good:

29 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Star

star-cancelled-officially.jpg?w=620&h=42

I pretty much picked this at random while saving Game of Thrones for the second time in a row lol. God I know that show fell off the rails but the first four seasons alone are better than half the sh*t still in this game! I've never heard of Star so sorry if it has any fans here, but time to learn about it I guess! Star is a musical drama series that aired on Fox. It's about three young singers who slowly become famous and deal with the consequences of becoming famous. It's created by Lee Daniels who also created Empire and this show sounds kinda similar to Empire lol. I guess he just got bored? The main character's name is Star LOL. She was an orphan in and out of a sh*tty foster care system until she meets Alexandra Crane who helps her become a star I guess. Oh I see Queen Latifah in the trailer! Good for her! It looks like she has a sister too who sings as well and she helps save her. A bunch of characters come together in Atlanta to try to become stars. Oh Lenny Kravitz is in it too lol that's random. The girls attempt to work together but there is lots of #drama. There's rises and falls I'm sure and sometime they succeed and sometimes they don't. The series got cancelled after three seasons due to low ratings and poor reviews. It seems like one of those fun trashy dramas you can enjoy three glasses of wine in. Otherwise, I'm sure it's cringy. I've been refreshing the page and no one's asked me to change my cut so I'm locking it in!

Save Game of Thrones again

Great write-up here, Alex. :hug:❤️ Sad to see the show go but happy it got this far, since i’m probably the only one that watched this? Although I hope to be proven wrong by someone else. And it probably would have gotten cut regardless.

With you mentioning Queen Latifah’s sister on the show - that’s Brandy! And omggg she’s such a baddie on that show. :wub: I NEVER saw her play a role as such that. And Patti LaBelle plays their mother and takes no ish. :wub: Love their characters too and of course all 3 slay on it. And yeahhh the show is VERY extra too and would be enjoyable with wine. Although i don’t drink wine and enjoy it without it. :haha: 

victoria-logo.png

tumblr_oevzhyIBE41rfsniyo8_500.gifv

Every once in a while, I unleash my inner control freak which happened this round - I am cutting a show that I love as I assume that I am the only one who ever watched it. And the show in question is "Victoria". As I know the show was nominated during the past few rounds, I put two and two together that its livelihood into this rankdown was limited compare to the others show that I love that were nominated. So let's give everyone a quick overview of "Victoria";

"Victoria" is a tv show that falls under the historical drama category; the show started to air in the United Kingdom in 2016 on ITV where it crossed the Atlantic in 2017 to air on PBS, part of its "Masterpiece" series. Since then, the show has had 3 seasons - the 2nd season aired in 2017 with its 3rd season airing in 2019. The show stars Jenna Coleman who portrays the main character, Queen Victoria. Other stars of the show includes Tom Hughes, Peter Bowles, Jordan Waller, Nell Hudson, Nigel Lindsay, and Catherine Fleming to name a few.

As you can piece it together, the show revolves around Queen Victoria, one of UK's longest reigning monarch. Notably, the show revolves around Queen Victoria's early life - it is interesting as Queen Victoria was never met to be monarch until her uncle, King William IV. As her uncle had no children, her dad was 2nd in line for the throne but as he passed away before her uncle, Victoria became the reigning monarch at the young age of 18.  As the show showcase perfectly, her becoming Queen at a young age came with its struggle notably; some of those struggles came with members of her family and the government. 

tumblr_of7hvlsIhS1rrzmi2o1_r1_500.gif

In its first season, the show focuses on Victoria ascending onto the throne and the consequences that this had on her life. Notably, it focuses heavily on how Sir John Conroy and some of her uncles tried to do anything to ensure that Victoria did not make it onto the crown. In return, Victoria developed a friendship with then-prime minister, Lord Melbourne whom she would confine in - the show did dramatize their relationship by implying there was a romantic connection between the two which was never proven. Also in this season, her surrounding was putting pressure for her to find a husband to ensure she would form a family... As the first season ends, we then meet one of her suitor, Prince Albert whom also happen to be her cousin - this was often common in the day as they wanted the "crown" to stay within the family. 

fb3fe3111755ef411e7dd9b44899c3b7.gif

In the 2nd season, we focus on Victoria and Albert starting a family - the pressure is on them to ensure their first born is a boy (spoiler alert: it is not). And it also focuses on the expectation that the country, the commonwealth, and her surrounding have on The Queen following the birth of her first child. We also see that she is struggling with give more power to Prince Albert who is taking on different causes including the end of slavery - she had to fight to give a proper title to her husband. She also had to deal with issues going on in her country while dealing with pregnancy, motherhood, and postnatal depression - on top of all that, we are noticing the many attempts of assassination that she had to endured.  At the end of this season, there's a change in government while dealing with family drama notably when it comes to Prince Albert's family. 

In its 3rd season, which I have yet to watch, the series continue to focus on Victoria's motherhood while dealing with changes in her country - I don't want to read too much about it as I don't want to get spoil so I will end the overview here. 

tumblr_p96ytaqnQC1wj9rw7o1_500.gifvtumblr_p96ytaqnQC1wj9rw7o3_500.gifv

Overall, I absolutely love this series as I've always been intrigued by Queen Victoria's life story notably on the social pressure that was put on her. As well, the series manages to give an excellent portrayal of the royal, and a new perspective into Queen Victoria's life as we often known more of her life as a monarch especially post-Prince Albert's death.  And when it comes to the show, the directing & the writing does it justice - the acting is excellent notably Jenna Coleman's portrayal of Queen Victory; she is an actress whom deserves to be more known as she is incredibly talented. I will end this by saying that my opening for the series is probably up there as one of my favourite - I absolutely love the transition it does in the credits and the song choice is A+.

SAVING: POSE

Edited by *Chris

The Weakest Link

p01lcfly.jpg

The Weakest Link is a game show that is hosted by Anne Robinson. I have seen the show a couple a times and I think she did a really good job of hosting the show. Her famous phrase is you are the weakest link good bye! That's pretty iconic so congrats to her and the show on that one. The show first aired in 2000 and I still it is still airing  on BBC so it's a British Tv show if you couldn't tell by her accent. :giggle: Game shows are fun to watch once in awhile but they really don't have much a place in this rankdown I think so this is a fair spot for it. So I am sorry but you are the weakest link in this rankdown so good bye. 

Saving Watchmen

Edited by QueenKalie

THE WEAKEST LINK

Is The Weakest Link responsible for memes and gifs galore? Yes. Did it really do much for society? Not really. So I’m cutting The Weakest Link here, and it’s helped out by the fact that the host is human garbage. For those who don’t know, The Weakest Link is about a group of six contestants who will answer questions while trying to earn money to put in the bank. If they answered incorrectly, the bank would reset unless someone said to bank where they were at. After each round, the remaining contestants would vote someone out. They usually voted to send home the strongest link in each round because they were jealous whores. At the end, the final two would face off in sudden death.

SAVE: All That. What does this cycle have against Kenan & Kel? 😘

45 minutes ago, *Chris said:

victoria-logo.png

tumblr_oevzhyIBE41rfsniyo8_500.gifv

Every once in a while, I unleash my inner control freak which happened this round - I am cutting a show that I love as I assume that I am the only one who ever watched it. And the show in question is "Victoria". As I know the show was nominated during the past few rounds, I put two and two together that its livelihood into this rankdown was limited compare to the others show that I love that were nominated. So let's give everyone a quick overview of "Victoria";

"Victoria" is a tv show that falls under the historical drama category; the show started to air in the United Kingdom in 2016 on ITV where it crossed the Atlantic in 2017 to air on PBS, part of its "Masterpiece" series. Since then, the show has had 3 seasons - the 2nd season aired in 2017 with its 3rd season airing in 2019. The show stars Jenna Coleman who portrays the main character, Queen Victoria. Other stars of the show includes Tom Hughes, Peter Bowles, Jordan Waller, Nell Hudson, Nigel Lindsay, and Catherine Fleming to name a few.

As you can piece it together, the show revolves around Queen Victoria, one of UK's longest reigning monarch. Notably, the show revolves around Queen Victoria's early life - it is interesting as Queen Victoria was never met to be monarch until her uncle, King William IV. As her uncle had no children, her dad was 2nd in line for the throne but as he passed away before her uncle, Victoria became the reigning monarch at the young age of 18.  As the show showcase perfectly, her becoming Queen at a young age came with its struggle notably; some of those struggles came with members of her family and the government. 

tumblr_of7hvlsIhS1rrzmi2o1_r1_500.gif

In its first season, the show focuses on Victoria ascending onto the throne and the consequences that this had on her life. Notably, it focuses heavily on how Sir John Conroy and some of her uncles tried to do anything to ensure that Victoria did not make it onto the crown. In return, Victoria developed a friendship with then-prime minister, Lord Melbourne whom she would confine in - the show did dramatize their relationship by implying there was a romantic connection between the two which was never proven. Also in this season, her surrounding was putting pressure for her to find a husband to ensure she would form a family... As the first season ends, we then meet one of her suitor, Prince Albert whom also happens to be her cousin - this was often common in the day as they wanted the "crown" to stay within the family. 

fb3fe3111755ef411e7dd9b44899c3b7.gif

In the 2nd season, we focus on Victoria and Albert starting a family - the pressure is on them to ensure their first born is a boy (spoiler alert: it is not). And it also focuses on the expectation that the country, the commonwealth, and her surrounding have on The Queen following the birth of her first child. We also see that she is struggling with give more power to Prince Albert who is taking on different causes including the end of slavery - she had to fight to give a proper title to her husband. She also had to deal with issues going on in her country while dealing with pregnancy, motherhood, and postnatal depression - on top of all that, we are noticing the many attempts of assassination that she had to endured.  At the end of this season, there's a change in government while dealing with family drama notably when it comes to Prince Albert's family. 

In its 3rd season, which I have yet to watch, the series continue to focus on Victoria's motherhood while dealing with changes in her country - I don't want to read too much about it as I don't want to get spoil so I will end the overview here. 

tumblr_p96ytaqnQC1wj9rw7o1_500.gifvtumblr_p96ytaqnQC1wj9rw7o3_500.gifv

Overall, I absolutely love this series as I've always been intrigued by Queen Victoria's life story notably on the social pressure that was put on her. As well, the series manages to give an excellent portrayal of the royal, and a new perspective into Queen Victoria's life as we often known more of her life as a monarch especially post-Prince Albert's death.  And when it comes to the show, the directing & the writing does it justice - the acting is excellent notably Jenna Coleman's portrayal of Queen Victory; she is an actress whom deserves to be more known as she is incredibly talented. I will end this by saying that my opening for the series is probably up there as one of my favourite - I absolutely love the transition it does in the credits and the song choice is A+.

SAVING: POSE

Updated!