The Voice's Unpopular Opinions Thread V2

istersay

1 minute ago, Hsamid said:

So far, season 22's live performances have been better than season 20 and 19 and stacks up well against last season when they were at this point in the competition.

Yeah, contestants this season have really stepped it up in the lives.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

So far, season 22's live performances have been better than season 20 and 19 and stacks up well against last season when they were at this point in the competition.

Hmm.... I may agree with S20 and S19, but I think a majority of S22's cast is still struggling with the live show setup this week. Even bodie is still not used to the in-ears. I didn't remember S21's cast struggling as much.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Teraginn said:

I didn't remember S21's cast struggling as much.

Team John and Team Blake DELIVERED week after week. I don't think we give Joshua, Lana, Paris, and Jershika the credit they deserve for performing live SO well and so consistently, despite being somewhat underdogs and despite the fact that they were given their fair share of bad songs. 

But I still hated S21's lives because of the fact that we had to listen to Jim and Sasha and Holly deliver a trainwreck week after week for SO LONG. I think S22's lives are actually going a bit better since most of the weak live singers have been cut already. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ikwonic said:

Team John and Team Blake DELIVERED week after week. I don't think we give Joshua, Lana, Paris, and Jershika the credit they deserve for performing live SO well and so consistently, despite being somewhat underdogs and despite the fact that they were given their fair share of bad songs. 

But I still hated S21's lives because of the fact that we had to listen to Jim and Sasha and Holly deliver a trainwreck week after week for SO LONG. I think S22's lives are actually going a bit better since most of the weak live singers have been cut already. 

Disagree. She had pitchy performances throughout.

12 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Disagree. She had pitchy performances throughout.

I love Jershika but I agree. She tried executing a lot of complex runs and they were hit or miss, she had some pitchy moments with her low and high register.

It got better after her first instant save, but she was never truly pitch perfect. Her first instant save and semi final come close though.

Edited by Hsamid
  • Like 1

On 11/16/2022 at 11:14 PM, Teraginn said:

I was about to correct you and say that I don't hate teenage contestants as much anymore.... then I remembered that I really don't like Brayden Lape, like AT ALL. Maybe I haven't changed that much? LOL. 

I am totally on board for a The Voice Kids US. I seriously don't know why this hasn't happened yet, America LOVES seeing talented kids on TV. Why not just make the spring Voice season a Voice Kids?

I hope you find a contestant to enjoy and root for and make you ignore all the faults, biases and idiosyncrasies of this show/forum! That's all we can hope for as a Voice fan/watcher.

Agreed. The main show should be 21+ with proof of school completion and not currently in any postsecondary schooling. There should be a kids' show during the summer for contestants ages 14-20 so it doesn't interfere with school, and the prizes should be scholarships rather than a recording contract

• Haha 4

Contestants very likely to deliver a good to great performance every week: : Morgan, Omar, Kim, Bodie, Justin  

Could go either way, depending on song choice: Parijita, Rowan, Kique 

What you see is what you get: Bryce, Brayden. 

To be fair, the average age of the first group is 32, and they all have a lot of performing experience. The average age of the second two groups is 18. This is the most teenagers we’ve had in the top 10 for quite some time. 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, abigailcoasters said:

Agreed. The main show should be 21+ with proof of school completion and not currently in any postsecondary schooling. There should be a kids' show during the summer for contestants ages 14-20 so it doesn't interfere with school, and the prizes should be scholarships rather than a recording contract

Ratings would drop for the main show, and if there was enough demand for a Voice kids show, we would already have one. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Contestants very likely to deliver a good to great performance every week: : Morgan, Omar, Kim, Bodie, Justin  

Could go either way, depending on song choice: Parijita, Rowan, Kique 

What you see is what you get: Bryce, Brayden. 

To be fair, the average age of the first group is 32, and they all have a lot of performing experience. The average age of the second two groups is 18. This is the most teenagers we’ve had in the top 10 for quite some time. 

The Top 13 night set a clear line. The experienced contestants kicked ass.

• Like 1

On 11/16/2022 at 12:56 PM, zjc19951109 said:

Overall I'm just done with teenagers on the show. If there's something idf and America have in common, it's the unhealthy obsession for unexperienced young girls with half-baked vocal and somewhat youtube-y tones.

Absolutely agree with this. They need to increase the minimum age to 21. There should also be things required such as not enrolled in any school, proof of high school graduation, and some kind of full-time work. Do they require physical and psychological exams? They should, especially for younger contestants. It's not healthy for young artists to be up on national television this young, and their voices aren't fully developed (especially for boys). I'm 19, and still have a little development to work on. My choir director told me that the voice matures in your 20s. I noticed major changes from ages 16-17 and again at 18. I couldn't sing really low notes at 16, and now, I'm planning on performing "Where Are You Christmas?" (the lowest note in the song is an F3) at VIP night at my work!

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, abigailcoasters said:

I'm 19, and still have a little development to work on. My choir director told me that the voice matures in your 20s. I noticed major changes from ages 16-17 and again at 18. I couldn't sing really low notes at 16, and now, I'm planning on performing "Where Are You Christmas?" (the lowest note in the song is an F3) at VIP night at my work!

Good for you 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Ratings would drop for the main show, and if there was enough demand for a Voice kids show, we would already have one.

We do have one.  Unfortunately, Telemundo has the rights to it, so the American kids' version is only for Spanish-speaking kids.

41 minutes ago, Rodney said:

We do have one.  Unfortunately, Telemundo has the rights to it, so the American kids' version is only for Spanish-speaking kids.

Right, not enough demand for one of the major networks. Contestants like Parijita, Haley, Chevel, Carter do not belong on a kids show. They would obviously dominate. I’ve never watched a kids version of the show, and don’t ever intend to.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Right, not enough demand for one of the major networks. Contestants like Parijita, Haley, Chevel, Carter do not belong on a kids show. They would obviously dominate. I’ve never watched a kids version of the show, and don’t ever intend to.

Having watched parts of the Kids' versions, it would be a slaughter for whoever has to face these teens.

"Good for any age" applies to them, if that is unpop for some people then so be it. Compare them to an average kid and you see why its best to challenge them against adults.

Edited by QueenMae16
  • Like 7

5 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

Having watching parts of the Kids' versions, it would be a slaughter for whoever has to face these teens.

"Good for any age" applies to them, if that is unpop for some people then so be it. Compare them to an average kid and you see why its best to challenge them against adults.

Exactly, and if the teens don’t perform up to standards, they usually make an early exit. The same can’t often be said about the male country singers who manage to make it to the voting rounds. Maybe we should give them their own show too.  🤔 

• Like 2

On 11/24/2022 at 4:57 AM, Teraginn said:

Hmm.... I may agree with S20 and S19, but I think a majority of S22's cast is still struggling with the live show setup this week. Even bodie is still not used to the in-ears. I didn't remember S21's cast struggling as much.

Idk, a lot of the season 21 cast was pitchy as well during the first few weeks of lives. 

On 11/24/2022 at 4:19 PM, abigailcoasters said:

When I first read this, I thought your post is sarcastic and funny, so I reacted with a :haha:

On 11/24/2022 at 5:02 PM, abigailcoasters said:

Absolutely agree with this. They need to increase the minimum age to 21. There should also be things required such as not enrolled in any school, proof of high school graduation, and some kind of full-time work. Do they require physical and psychological exams? They should, especially for younger contestants. It's not healthy for young artists to be up on national television this young, and their voices aren't fully developed (especially for boys). I'm 19, and still have a little development to work on. My choir director told me that the voice matures in your 20s. I noticed major changes from ages 16-17 and again at 18. I couldn't sing really low notes at 16, and now, I'm planning on performing "Where Are You Christmas?" (the lowest note in the song is an F3) at VIP night at my work!

Then I read this, and now I'm thinking you're not joking and possibly serious with your comments. :unsure:

• Haha 6

The vocals weren't nearly as bad as Blake's team, but "Happy Together" was a horrible choice for a group performance. So damn cheesy and the set was bizarre. They could've given those three a rock jam or a nice ballad but instead we got a hokey 60's pop song.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

The vocals weren't nearly as bad as Blake's team, but "Happy Together" was a horrible choice for a group performance. So damn cheesy and the set was bizarre. They could've given those three a rock jam or a nice ballad but instead we got a hokey 60's pop song.

Say Less You Got It GIF by LaLa Milan