The Voice's Unpopular Opinions Thread V2

istersay

Just now, Bk1234 said:

Yeah, and here’s an even more unpopular one, WTW’s “Love Is Alive” was good and was one of the best performances from Team Blake that night. 

I recently relistened to it because of QueenMae's redux, and it was MUCH better than I remembered. I'm relistening to it as I'm typing this, and I still think it's great. It wasn't perfect, but the harmonies were great for the most part imo.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

I recently relistened to it because of QueenMae's redux, and it was MUCH better than I remembered. I'm relistening to it as I'm typing this, and I still think it's great. It wasn't perfect, but the harmonies were great for the most part imo.

I always liked it and found that it was one of the performances that got so much unnecessary criticism on here. :( 

Gwen is my favorite coach. She has made some really AMAZING battles over the seasons (Korin v. Chase, Rose v. Jessie, Kiara v. Royce, Payge v. Lauren, Carter v. Larriah). She took 1-2 chair contestants and brought out the best in them (Jeffrey, Korin, Rose, Carter). I like that she's unbiased for most of her decisions and goes with her gut feeling.

And honestly I preferred Larriah to Carter in the battles.

Edited by VoiceFan!
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

Gigi's audition is underrated, imo. Her runs are great and the lower part of her voice is stunning. I'd love to hear her do "Skyfall"

Yeah, it’s just the fact that Candice Glover’s version exists which makes any other version pale in comparison. Gigi did a solid job though. :thumbs:

7 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

Gigi's audition is underrated, imo. Her runs are great and the lower part of her voice is stunning. I'd love to hear her do "Skyfall"

YES THANK YOU!! She was one of my favorites pre season based on her covers, and I've seen some MIcah stans bring her down just to lift Micah....

While I do think Micah did better in the battle, I think Gigi held her own. Also I've been following her for a while and her journey has been inspiring, her personality is amazing too

edit: Also I remember seeing some comparison comments to Emily's, which was phenomenal. But Gigi did approach it differently which I also liked

Edited by TheVoiceFan2
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

I loved her. She deserved a steal, imo. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Angeles said:

I loved her. She deserved a steal, imo. 

9 minutes ago, B-B said:

She deserved to win the battle IMO

I preferred Gigi's tone, so I would have picked her, but since Micah did well as well, at least I think she should have gotten a save/steal. I would have loved for her to have done Skyfall in the knockouts!

• Like 1

I think that Madeline's blind & battle are really underrated. Same with Megan's blind (I recently reread the thread and some people said it was their least favorite thus far). Both of them have gorgeous tones.

Edited by QueenCami
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

I think that Madeline's blind & battle are really underrated. Same with Megan's blind (I recently reread the thread and some people said it was their least favorite thus far). Both of them have gorgeous tones.

I liked her blind more than some but I wasn't huge on her battle.

26 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

I liked Madeline´s blind. Not a showstopper by any means but it was nice. Her battle however? A bit messy. The song wasn´t right for her and her partner. Props to her for singing in Spanish though.

As for Megan, I wasn´t a fan of her blind, especially considering her vocal prowess became downright unrecognizable ( in a good way) in her battle. It was like another person singing, and that progress continued in her KO, so her blind pales in comparison.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, QueenCami said:

Taste. 🤩 I 💯 agree.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, QueenCami said:

Her blind was solid. The high note at the end was good. I LOVED her battle and thought it showed off her versatility well. 

• Like 2

Loving this Megan love, she was too underrated in her season. 

I will go further and say she didn't have even one bad performance the whole season. "Remedy" and "Anyone" were her weakest, yet she could still outsell even the professional or better vocalists in the competition every round.(Including those rounds) 

Going even further, "Remedy" was a solid 7.5/10. She was only nervous, but hit most of the right notes. That tone is deadly. "Anyone" only had one false hit, that high note in the ending was a bit painful, but the overall performance was powerful.

"Piece By Piece" and "What Hurts The Most" very unpop, but were the best performances of those rounds.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

I will go further and say she didn't have even one bad performance the whole season. "Remedy" and "Anyone" were her weakest, yet she could still outsell even the professional or better vocalists in the competition every round.(Including those rounds) 

Going even further, "Remedy" was a solid 7.5/10. She was only nervous, but hit most of the right notes. That tone is deadly. "Anyone" only had one false hit, that high note in the ending was a bit painful, but the overall performance was powerful.

"Piece By Piece" and "What Hurts The Most" very unpop, but were the best performances of those rounds.

I live for all of the Megan support. I 100% agree with everything here. "What Hurts The Most" is (criminally) underrated. Also unpop, but "Simple Man" was the best performance in that IS. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

Megan blew me out of the water from the gate with how much power she had, but I think her biggest issue was the lack of vocal control in her blind (which improved in later rounds).

While I didn’t have her as a particular favorite, I was very happy to see her make the semifinals (and she was tied with Zan as my second pick after Toneisha in the Instant Save).

3 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

Her blind was solid. The high note at the end was good. I LOVED her battle and thought it showed off her versatility well. 

Yeah, I thought both had great blinds b/c of their tones, but during the battles, they both stepped it up and showed off their power! Madeline's performance on her battle was super impressive; the high notes were super well done, and the spanish parts were executed so well for someone who doesn't even know spanish. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, QueenMae16 said:

I was relistening to Megan's live performances, which I remember liking more than some on IDF, but I didn't love them a lot. However, upon a relisten, I realized she was actually really great. And of course, I voted for her in the playoffs and semifinals; her distinctive tone & power deserved a finale spot, imo.

2 hours ago, Angeles said:

I live for all of the Megan support. I 100% agree with everything here. "What Hurts The Most" is (criminally) underrated. Also unpop, but "Simple Man" was the best performance in that IS. 

I thought Simple Man was great as well! Tbh, everyone except my favorite had really good performances there. I loved Unaware, Simple Man, ARUTW, and Lovin' You. 

I will say that I felt that Megan was holding back a little bit? I'm not sure what gave me that vibe, but I always felt that she had a little more power to unleash, if that makes sense. 

• Like 1

Just now, VoiceSelf12 said:

Unpopular: Hello Sunday doesn’t deserve the hate they get… in fact they had some of the best growth out of many contestants. I thought they were phenomenal in almost every performance. 

Ik this may trigger some people Lol!

Even if they gave poor performances every week, they still wouldn’t be deserving of the hate they got. I completely agree. We need to spread more love and less hate! 🤗🥰

• Like 1