The Voice S17 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

I’ve been concerned about MB biting off more than she can chew, but I’m pretty sure she can handle those C5 notes in Stars.

If she prudently avoids attempting anything of the sort that Amanda nails here, between 1:28 - 1:55 (not that she necessarily can't, just that she doesn't need to at this stage), she'll be fine (but if this were Rose, I'd say go ahead, because I just wanna watch the inevitable slayage! :wub: ):

PayIXUTEGq8

Edited by dirActing

Marybeth Byrd-This is nice but remind me why IDF is obsessed with her again? Oh yeah, that’s right. They were first obsessed with Brennan til she was eliminated then went to Cali who they abandoned right after one bad performance and moved over to root for Gracee who was eliminated. Now since she’s the last blonde white girl left, that is IDF’s it girl, regardless of how underwhelming she is.

this TEAAAAA :dead: :dead: :dead: it’s burning my mouth

Marybeth Byrd-This is nice but remind me why IDF is obsessed with her again? Oh yeah, that’s right. They were first obsessed with Brennan til she was eliminated then went to Cali who they abandoned right after one bad performance and moved over to root for Gracee who was eliminated. Now since she’s the last blonde white girl left, that is IDF’s it girl, regardless of how underwhelming she is.

Your takes have been phenomenal this season! :wub:

So much truth tea here!

"LIVE SEMI-FINAL TOP 8 PERFORMANCES"

12/09/2019 (08:00PM - 10:01PM) (Monday) : “The Voice” Top 8 artists perform in front of coaches Kelly Clarkson, John Legend, Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani. This week’s theme is “80’s Week.” The artists will perform duets of songs from the 80’s. Carson Daly ("TODAY Show") hosts.

Kat - Remind me why people love her head voice so much, its prob because she's an Indie girl and everyone loves to go to the "unique" ones. They go head over heels because she sounds "different" Even though Reagan James is similar to her and at least she could maintain her pitch better.

12/09/2019 (08:00PM - 10:01PM) (Monday) : “The Voice” Top 8 artists perform in front of coaches Kelly Clarkson, John Legend, Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani. This week’s theme is “80’s Week.” The artists will perform duets of songs from the 80’s. Carson Daly ("TODAY Show") hosts.

80's Week! YASSSSSS!!!!! (This is for real, yes? :wub: )

Kat (if she survives; I'm worried about her song choice this week) would do well with "Don't Dream It's Over" Crowded House.

Will (IF he survives, BIG if): "Don't Stand So Close to Me" The Police or "Who Can It Be Now?" Men at Work.

Rose or Katie: "Tainted Love" Soft Cell.

As long as it’s just the duets, sure.

It doesn’t mention solos, so that part might be normal, but it would be weird to label it 80s week and only apply that to the duets.

I’m not really seeing new Marybeth stans coming out of the woodwork? It seems like the same group of fans she’s had since the beginning. With Cali, I think she lost support on IDF as time went on. I’m not sure about Gracee.

The only one of those mentioned above that I’ve ever been somewhat a fan of is Cali, but that was only pre-blinds, based on a couple covers she has posted. She was very underwhelming from the beginning.

Edited by TeamAudra

I’m not really seeing new Marybeth stans coming out of the woodwork? It seems like the same group of fans she’s had since the beginning. With Cali, I think she lost support on IDF as time went on. I’m not sure about Gracee.

The only one of those mentioned above that I’ve ever been somewhat a fan of is Cali, but that was only pre-blinds, based on a couple covers she has posted. She was very underwhelming from the beginning.

Cali's best performance was "Dreams" After that she just didn't bring it, however she did deserve to advance after "Butterflies"

Cali's best performance was "Dreams" After that she just didn't bring it, however she did deserve to advance after "Butterflies"

:no:

We can argue that someone else was worse, but it wasn’t a good performance. Her PO performance was bad, and she had no margin for error. She needed to bring it. She didn’t.

Edited by TeamAudra

Jealous because she's been steamrolling Kat this whole competition :bleh:

Sorry not sorry.

I love both Kat and Marybeth (and Ricky) and maintain all their fan threads. I see many of the same names on both Kat and Marybeth threads, and even Ricky's thread. I don't think the naysayers of Marybeth are Kat fans, or vice versa. And I don't believe there's any jealousy among fans of both girls, especially when the contestants themselves are best friends.

Edited by season1

I love both Kat and Marybeth (and Ricky) and maintain all their fan threads. I see many of the same names on both Kat and Marybeth threads, and even Ricky's thread. I don't think the naysayers of Marybeth are Kat fans, or vice versa. And I don't believe there's any jealousy among fans of both girls, especially when the contestants themselves are best friends.

Right, I’m not really seeing that either. I don’t think people care enough these days to partake in fan wars.

Edited by TeamAudra

Right, I’m not really seeing that either. I don’t think people care enough these days to partake in fan wars.

True. It’s better to not let Kat haters get the best of me when they attempt to start fan wars by putting their snowflake against her.

Edited by xfactor22

Jealous because she's been steamrolling Kat this whole competition :bleh:

Sorry not sorry.

LOL PLSSSSS

anyways, I suggested Stars for Marybeth but something about her take on it just seems... different? I can’t put my finger on it maybe they sped it up a little or made it more twangy but I prefer it to be sang in a tender vulnerable way that the arrangement completely disregards.

Not sure why people are scared about Kats song choice, it’s the perfect blend of indie, folk, & country. Team Minivan will eat it right up.

Lol at Shane’s song

I’d put money on Marybeth closing btw, the way her ending escalates screams closer

LOL PLSSSSS

anyways, I suggested Stars for Marybeth but something about her take on it just seems... different? I can’t put my finger on it maybe they sped it up a little or made it more twangy but I prefer it to be sang in a tender vulnerable way that the arrangement completely disregards.

Not sure why people are scared about Kats song choice, it’s the perfect blend of indie, folk, & country. Team Minivan will eat it right up.

Someone is 'scared' or worried about Kat's song? :unsure: I think she sounded really good on the preview. It's a great song for her, IMO.

Can we not include Cali with these Queens.

The low notes + the range. Trace has a big range (and a gorgeous voice at that). That said, I suspect you're right about the audience. Jake doesn't really do much for me, he isn't the vocalist that say a Sundance was, and I don't think he sells the story, or connects to it as well as even a Red or Chris K.

It amuses me how much this board likes him, I suspect if he was on team Blake they'd be calling him out as a generic one octave country singer (which he is).

Red didn't even sell or connect to songs or stories well. Neither did Chris. They were both just lucky to be on Blake's team.

Also, I'll raise my hand and admit that I'd be writing Jake off as such, too, if he were on Team Blake. I have no problem admitting that. :icecream: