The Voice S17 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

Ok these are real I promise

Pre listening to studio thoughts

Marybeth Byrd - Lose You To Love Me-All I know is this is Selena Gomezand I don’t think Marybeth has enough “grit” for her songs

Rose Short - God's Country-All I know is this is Blake’s song. I know she’ll do well but if Rose is going to cover a country song, there are so many better song choices than Blake’s catalog

Kat Hammock - You're Still The One-Blake...please stop trying to make Kat country that’s all I have to say.

Will Breman-I don’t know this song

Shane Q-Caribbean Queen (No More Love On The Run)-Honeslty don’t know this but this title sounds like a bus song for him, and I’m tempted to toss him a vote just because this bussing seems over the top

Joana Martinez-Impossible-She’ll sound good in this but idk if she has enough power for Shontelle’s songs

Jake Hoot “That Ain’t My Truck-I don’t know this song

Katie Kadan-Rolling In The Deep-Ugh. She’s gonna sound great like always but can we please just ban the majority of Adele and Ed Sheeran songs on the show on the sole basis they are so overdone that not even someone with a superb vocal like Katie can make it feel special anymore

Hello Sunday -Stone Cold-Id rather them try something upbeat. I think “Confident” (censored of course) would’ve been a better Demi song for them. Or “Skyscraper” if they wanted a slow Demi song.

Ricky Duran “Born Under a Bad Sign” -I’ll enjoy this from him definitely and he should make it safe, but I doubt it’ll get him any new fans.

Edited by xfactor22

Rose snapped!

Katie doesn't sound bad but the song choice is ehh. She's a lock anyways so this should be easy for her.

Will sounds great here, but the issue is that the song has very little recognition among the audience, if any at all. He's facing an uphill battle and has to absolutely nail it tonight.

Kat's studio didn't bug me. Maybe she'll sound proper tonight, this is a big song that everyone loves within the country/pop genre.

Joana got another Latina, who would've guessed. Christina's songs are big shoes to fill, but again, it's not one of her better-known tracks, which adds another layer of difficulty.

Hello Sunday sounds really good but I'm not confident that they'll be able to hit those notes and harmonies properly live (or, at least just Myla can).

Ricky's song is one that I've never cared for. It sounds good and I think he'll be fine, but it's just not exciting.

Jake Hoot exists.

Shane Q? I couldn't have picked a better song for him if I tried or wanted to lol. Bye.

Marybeth sounds fine, but what lane is this girl trying to be in? Other contestants would've done this song better imo.

Edited by Someone648

Hello Sunday - Stone Cold (Demi Lovato)

Jake Hoot - That Ain't My Truck (Rhett Atkins)

Shane Q - Caribbean Queen (No More Love on the Run) (Billy Ocean)

Joana Martinez - Impossible (Christina Aguilera)

Rose Short - God's Country (Blake Shelton)

Katie Kadan - Rolling in the Deep (Adele)

Marybeth Byrd - Lose You to Love Me (Selena Gomez)

Will Breman - My Body (Young the Giant)

Kat Hammock - You're Still the One (Shania Twain)

Ricky Duran - Born Under A Bad Sign (Albert King)

Wow, those are some bad song choices.

Advantage Jake, I guess? It’s not a great song, but the country fans will think it’s OK.

Do they think Blake fans are suddenly going to support Rose now? This is a dumb idea. .

The bus came for Kat and Marybeth, as I suspected.. they won’t be going home, but this will weaken them even more.

The wildcard is Katie. The studio does nothing for me, but she capable of crushing that live. Her tone is just too much for me on this song.

Ricky will have a solid performance, but it’s going to be a snoozer.

Don’t care about the others, so I’m not going to waste my time listening to their studios.

Edited by TeamAudra

Well these coaches definitely took some... risks.

I love Kats song choice tbh, she’ll be fine imo. Whoever gave Marybeth Lose You To Love Me needs to take it back ASAP, it’s not even fair why would anyone in their right mind give her this song unless they’re trying to bus her. Rose will do amazing on Gods Country tbh and it’ll get some pandering votes possibly.

I’m honestly just puzzled why they thought it was ok to give Marybeth Lose You To Love Me

Hello Sunday got really lucky honestly, out of all the “moment” songs stone cold is the most straight foward song. Either you can do it or you can’t and it sounds like they can so this could propel them in the competition

After listening to the previews.

Rose - (wow after she murdered John on his own song, Blake is next :rolleyes: Kelly's and Gwen's songs for the semis and finale pls :haha:) She obviously did better than Blake technically, but it just sounded weird and wrong to me. :haha:

Katie - :dead:

Ricky - Good as usual

Joana - She's going to slay this live

Marybeth - Singing a Selena's song is smart, it suits her very limited range. She'll be safe.

Kat - I don't like it :unsure: I hope she will sound better live

idc with the rest

Am I the only one who likes Marybeth’s song choice? Her studio sounds great and she’s not doing anything crazy that would be harder during her actual performance so I don’t think this will hurt her at all

I like it. Not sure how well team minivan keeps up with the current music but it's one of my favorite current songs so I am excited to see someone I like sing it. :wub:

I think the only truly "safe" ones tonight are Rose, Katie, and Jake.

Hello Sunday - a bold song choice. If they execute it well, they could very well escape the bottom 3. If they butcher the big notes, then... they'll probably just narrowly escape the bottom again.

Shane - If he avoids the bottom I swear...

Joana - She's been middle of the pack and fumbled a bit last week, luckily avoiding the bottom, but she's at risk with a more vocally demanding song than her past two performances.

Will - more appropriate song this week for him, but less recognition, and thus harder to connect with the audience.

Marybeth - she's been on a downward trajectory and this song could lift her up or bring her down. I used to consider her a lock for semifinals but I no longer think so since the interest in her has faded a bit.

Kat - her performance quality has been stagnant for weeks now. She's selling relatively well, but not sure how this translates into streams/votes. She could easily be a surprise bottom 3 if she doesn't at least stay consistent.

Ricky - I think of all of these that I think are at potential risk, he's the "most" safe, but he just needs to not suck with this one tonight and he'll be fine.

I think that with the exception of Joana and Shane (who are automatically at risk by having been saved - so they have to do especially well to be safe), it'll come down to who performs the worst tonight. If Kat or Marybeth do a bad job, then they're definitely at risk. If Will doesn't connect or nail his vocals, he could be there. If Hello Sunday gives a painful performance, then they'll land there. etc.

Yup, I think Marybeth is gonna have a "Love Me Like You Do" moment with her song.

The song doesn’t go anywhere. Pretty tough to have a moment with that. I’ve listened to the entire studio. Good luck to her, though. At least she’s not singing another rangey song. That will be next week.

Listening to Kat’s again. I think her song choice is the worst one of all, tbh. The original is too familiar to people to try this. Who has been successful with a Shania song on this show? Anyone? Is Kat a country singer now?

Listened to Joana’s too. Not a fan of that one either.

Rose going for the final pimp spot

Will with Young the Giant song, So Cal/Orange County in the house. Are we sure he isn't Team Gwen?

Really surprised MaryBeth got the Selena song, definitely not a challenge. Are we sure it's challenge week?

I like Joana's more than I thought.

Katie Kadan - bringing back THE song that started the decade

Rose Short - invented country music

Marybeth Byrd - outsold gomez

Ricky Duran - it sounds low energy?? the live should be better

Hello Sunday - this is very pleasant actually, miss the screaming tho

Kat Hammock - same ol, but hopefully she'll have better stage presence

Jake Hoot - can't even blame him for knowing his audience...

Joana Martinez - i mean, this isn't anything new from her

Shane Q - it was fine, but why this specific song?

Will Breman - why's he howling...i --