The Voice 🟦 S24 🟦 Spoilers/News/Updates Reba, John, Gwen, Niall

Someone648

47 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

(Her KO song isnt for rasp either, now that I realize).

Oh I totally disagree. I can already hear the high notes on “I lost myself”. It’s not hard to turn that song into a vocal showcase imo. the arrangement and melody leaves enough space for that. 

Edited by wildestinvegas
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

It depends on how they perform, and which one minivan prefers once the voting starts. Of course, Huntley is a factor too. What’s your gut feeling?

oh Huntley is a lock finale for sure…

Personally I do prefer Maras thick husky haunted tone more than Ninis. But I do prefer Ninis runs even though Mara probably can do them, she just hasn’t showcased that as yet. 
I believe Minivan mayy lead to Mara more because she can sound country ish as well.

14 minutes ago, thevoiceisthetop said:

AZAN capitalized tonight to tune into battles

Also 

It's looking Like

J- Azan vs Taylor

J - Caleb vs Talakai

J - Lila vs JaRae

G - Calla vs Chechi

N - Nini vs Sophia

R  - Rachele vs Mac

The three we have to get are Azan/Taylor, Rachele/Mac, and Nini/Sophia. So likely the other three will be montaged unless somehow we get room for Lila/JaRae. 

Huntley and Ruby are the ones I´m the most confident to be in the finale right now. Unless they flop hard, they don´t seem to have much competition, voting wise (not talent wise).

Niall or Reba could get more than one finalist though.

If Gwen gets a finalist, it´s probably Tanner. If John gets one, it´s probably Mac.

Everything could change though.

Edited by Misirlou

26 minutes ago, thevoiceisthetop said:

AZAN capitalized tonight to tune into battles

Also 

It's looking Like

J- Azan vs Taylor

J - Caleb vs Talakai

J - Lila vs JaRae

G - Calla vs Chechi

N - Nini vs Sophia

R  - Rachele vs Mac

No way are they doing Jarae dirty like this AND John’s twin omg. 

12 minutes ago, jayshon said:

oh Huntley is a lock finale for sure…

Personally I do prefer Maras thick husky haunted tone more than Ninis. But I do prefer Ninis runs even though Mara probably can do them, she just hasn’t showcased that as yet. 
I believe Minivan mayy lead to Mara more because she can sound country ish as well.

There isn’t much traditional “minivan bait.” A lot of the regular voters will probably go to either Huntley or their favorite country singer, and the rest will be up for grabs. If someone like Nini can carve out a niche, she has a shot. It’s probably a steep hill to climb for everyone besides Huntley and Ruby. Mac and Tanner can also carve out a niche, based on demographics of the audience. They just have to stand out in some way and be consistent. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

There isn’t much traditional “minivan bait.” A lot of the regular voters will probably go to either Huntley or their favorite country singer, and the rest will be up for grabs. If someone like Nini can carve out a niche, she has a shot. It’s probably a steep hill to climb for everyone besides Huntley and Ruby. Mac and Tanner can also carve out a niche, based on demographics of the audience. They just have to stand out in some way and be consistent. 

I agree that this is a group with few “The Voice audience” baits so aside from Huntley/Ruby, I expect the people that will do the best to be the ones that will get the “best performance of the night” casual voters. My money would be on Nini, Mara and Jacquie when it comes to that.

As far as vote splitting between Mara (21) and Nini (27), I think the show's regular voters would tend to support Mara. Some people probably remember her from two American reality competitions (AGT s9 and AI s16), and her mother has been diagnosed with breast cancer. Mara does have a small disadvantage to overcome, though. According to spoilers, she is stolen by Niall after losing her knockout while Nini and Huntley are original Team Niall members who won every round.

Mara closed the premiere episode, but TPTB leaked Nini's blind audition and battle. It will be interesting to see how Mara and Nini are treated by producers moving forward and which of his Top 3 Niall favors.

Edited by RTV
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, thevoiceisthetop said:

I read that Wynonna Judd is the mega mentor, don't know if its true or not

The Voice - NBC Reality Series - Where To Watch (tvinsider.com)

Nice find. Probably accurate. They should confirm it when they release the schedule. The schedule people are even slower than the YT people. Last week the  was release only on Thursday. 

• Like 1

Haven't read the posts here so don't know if this is unpopular. But that was underwhelming..

2 vocalists with big voices and you give them "heart of glass"? I like the song choice but it doesn't allow for a lot of vocal moments. I'm not just talking about big notes, but dynamics too.

Don't get me wrong, it's a very good performance. They were evenly matched and they did add some flavour and their own dynamics to it. But there's really not much else you can add in the song without sounding overdone. So yeah, song choice severely limited what they could do vocally imo.

• Like 3

Just watched it, I expected myself to prefer Nini by a landslide but it felt pretty even for me. Sophia did a great job and definitely deserved a steal.

I personally wasn’t a big fan of how overdramatic their notes and expressions were, but still glad this song got used anyway. Go Niall.