The Voice 🟦 S24 🟦 Spoilers/News/Updates Reba, John, Gwen, Niall

Someone648

1 minute ago, VoiceSelf12 said:

Honestly, I don’t see whats everyone’s problem with Gwen, the lady is literally so  sweet and nice and is perhaps one of my favorite female coaches after Kelly. She always gets 1-3 chair turns on her team and her team always seems the weakest post blinds, but then pushes her artists and then has one of the strongest teams after. Sure her and Blake can get annoying, but with Blake gone maybe she’s gonna take it more serious and pitch much better. I love Gwen and I hope this season coming up she shows everyone what’s up, I loved her in season 17, her team was literally insane. 

THANK YOU!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, VoiceSelf12 said:

Honestly, I don’t see whats everyone’s problem with Gwen, the lady is literally so  sweet and nice and is perhaps one of my favorite female coaches after Kelly. She always gets 1-3 chair turns on her team and her team always seems the weakest post blinds, but then pushes her artists and then has one of the strongest teams after. Sure her and Blake can get annoying, but with Blake gone maybe she’s gonna take it more serious and pitch much better. I love Gwen and I hope this season coming up she shows everyone what’s up, I loved her in season 17, her team was literally insane. 

literally, the gwen hate is so unnecessary 

• Like 6

REBAAAAAAAAAAAA 🤩🤩🤩

If anyone else was going to take Blake’s spot, she’d 100% be my pick (great on camera, will the job seriously yet still have fun with it, and has more than enough country credit to satiate the audience).

Happy to see Niall is coming back, as he’s done well in his rookie season and the audience seems to enjoy his presence. John’s technical-focused advice has been missed this season, so that will be a nice return to the panel too.

Gwen without Blake on the panel will be interesting; she’s a sweetheart who does seem to genuinely care about her artists & her battle rounds tend to be very strong. That plus her eclectic taste in musical influences also tends to lead to more interesting casting choices, which I can’t complain about.

• Like 9

39 minutes ago, Mathacoo200315 said:

Mr. psychic, was s23 Kelly’s last season because of her moving permanently to NYC? And will Camila return ever?? Thank you psychic.

Kelly will probably return in the spring seasons. She’s not gonna be a permanent coach tho.

I don’t see Camila returning anymore. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mathacoo200315 said:

OMGGGGG

ITS REBA-GWEN-NIALL-JOHN

OMGGGG

NO KELLY OR CAMILA 😭 

ALSO LOL AT GWEN RETURNING AS BLAKE IS LEAVING

eyes7.gif omg

1 hour ago, Arsh said:

@istersay can i say a bad word.

:no: only in your head

• Sad 1

In an interview last year, Gwen revealed that she's always been a last-minute coaching addition. It's possible that Kelly made the decision to sit out s24 too late for TPTB to find someone else in time for the upfronts announcement. Or maybe they didn't want two brand new coaches for the first season without Blake. John has coached seven seasons and Gwen has coached six. Having them—along with Niall in his second season—gives the panel stability for the transition.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, RTV said:

In an interview last year, Gwen revealed that she's always been a last-minute coaching addition. It's possible that Kelly made the decision to sit out s24 too late for TPTB to find someone else in time for the upfronts announcement. Or maybe they didn't want two brand new coaches for the first season without Blake. John has coached seven seasons and Gwen has coached six. Having them—along with Niall in his second season—gives the panel stability for the transition.

I guess that could have happened

6 minutes ago, RTV said:

She did have dates scheduled in Europe for late June that were cancelled about a month ago, so it seems likely around then that she signed on. 

• Like 2

I think it’s an interesting panel. Gwen seasons tend to be my favorite in terms of contestants. I do think the dynamics will be interesting bc other than Reba they tend to be more mellow coaches. 

(also Gwen has to be in LA anyways bc the boys are in school, Blake wanted more flexibility and two seasons a year is a lot) 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, jem128 said:

She did have dates scheduled in Europe for late June that were cancelled about a month ago, so it seems likely around then that she signed on. 

I wondered if the toxic work environment accusations, which were reported three days ago, caused Kelly to make the decision to focus on her own show rather than coaching next season.

Edited by RTV

1 hour ago, jdanton2 said:

i thought one of the reason Blake was leaving was to spend more time with Gwen . i did not expect to see her come back instead. maybe he left to spend more time on his music which he has less of a chance to do being on The Voice.

that's what I thought too, guess not. Now he'll have to be an advisor to see her :giggle:

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, VoiceSelf12 said:

Tbh the only gripes I have with Gwen are:

1. her elimination of Lyndsey Elm

2. her turning Korin Bukowksi into a mini-me

1 hour ago, Mathacoo200315 said:

So I guess new coaches only have season by season contracts now and not 2 seasons? (since Camila hasn’t been back)?

Ariana as well.   and Chance will probably be a one and done too.

A little bit boring coach panel (Personally would've preferred Camila over Gwen)but only for her fun personality because she really made some bad decisions and weird song arrangements for her team

Nonetheless I'm excited to see Niall again.I'm surprised John came back after what happened to his team in the Semifinals but love to see him again 

Not sure how I feel about Reba, especially as one that doesn't listen to that much country music

Well, the judges are definitely converging toward the age of their audience - Reba's 68, Gwen's 53, John's 44 and Niall is an absolute baby at 29.  Certainly a far cry from when we started season 1, with Blake (35) , Adam (32), Christina (31) and Cee-Lo (36) developing this sort of same-generation thirty-something banter that made it interesting; they were all releasing singles in 2011 and were promoting their latest hits to the charts at the time too.

Side note: is it possible to recreate that 30-something banter in the current environment? Name four "hit"/hit artists with different genres born in 1986 to 1993- let's go with Nick Jonas as the young Adam, Ariana as the young Christina, since they have been former coaches. The R&B spot would be filled by Mandalorian Lizzo (1986 born, as the young Cee-Lo) and the country artist, er....Kane Brown, let's say (1993 born), since he seems receptive to these shows and once competed in XFactor. This seems like a very pop-oriented lineup that won't fly against minivan, however, and Nick/Ariana already couldn't get much from minivan themselves. Must be something about hit-making millennials versus hit-making Gen-X'ers that don't appeal to minivan. So yeah, this recreation thing might not work, and TPTB is doubling down on their current state at this point. 

Anyhoo - with our current lineup, three of the four obviously don't have any chart equity anymore, and Niall can't move records stateside. Basically, the judges are there for their personalities and lived experiences, and obviously won't draw in any new viewers (or at least any viewers advertisers would desire).

The show would obviously really promote Reba as the "queen" of the panel, as the queen of country. She's quick, witty, charismatic, has that talk show experience, has drew in minivan-type audiences even from a generation ago. She's perfect for this show's current state. '90s country is popular and is heavily promoted by Holly/Grace/Kelly Clarkson this season, and Cole Swindell off show, and Reba owned that 1991-1993 subsection of country that purists love before it became too poppified post '95. With the huge age gap from the other judges, she'll be verry wellll respected, the other judges will constantly shift their glances and look to her for advice, and the camera views will reflect that. In that sense, she might be like what Tom Jones was for the Voice UK. The show will basically use her as first person POV.  If Blake is joking about Niall being his son, look for Reba to call Niall her grandson, or some other forced "witty" joke in that vein.

Gwen and John will keep being Gwen and John. Kind of like the third wheel of the panel, always cast off as minor characters to the main. John has always repp'd for the R&B vocalists and churchy types, and will continue doing that. Gwen still tries to act younger than her listed age in reclaiming that '90s pop glory. I guess TPTB think that today's pop girls can't draw an audience, so they will stick back with the familiar and get Gwen to get the teen and 20s pop-oriented girls...? Not sure how the gears of their brain are turning, but likely the answer is just to be a tie-in to Blake after he's leaving. Niall has been presented as likeable by TPTB/Blake in particular, and will have every chance to be the coach with the second best vote equity after Reba (which shouldn't be hard). He'll mix in Ed Sheeran folksy pop types, indie rockers, country types recommended to him by Blake during commercial breaks, and have a team that's more vote-bait than those two. Overall, the show will continue to stay unhip for the youth but might have solid chitter-chatter and performances.

Edited by jork
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, RTV said:

I wondered if the toxic work environment accusations, which were reported three days ago, caused Kelly to make the decision to focus on her own show rather than coaching next season.

I doubt it was that last minute. Gwen has been teasing an announcement for the past few weeks. Also, I don’t really see Kelly traveling back to LA to film The Voice right after her show just moved across the country. That would be a lot with the length of a fall season and her being a single parent with young kids that will be in school in NYC now. I only saw her back for S24 if the rumors of The Voice moving were true. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, jem128 said:

I doubt it was that last minute. Gwen has been teasing an announcement for the past few weeks. Also, I don’t really see Kelly traveling back to LA to film The Voice right after her show just moved across the country. That would be a lot with the length of a fall season and her being a single parent with young kids that will be in school in NYC now. I only saw her back for S24 if the rumors of The Voice moving were true. 

Do you think she’s done with The Voice for good then? I don’t see how she’ll do spring seasons either tbh…