American Idol Season 22 Spoilers - Presented By The Idol Pad

Idol Maniac

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, wildestinvegas said:

I keep going back and forth between thinking Emmy has no shot and thinking that she will get voted thru. If she does get voted through, I think things are gonna get super nasty on social media. 

same. like i could see a will triston emmy finale tbh (like i doubt it, but i wouldn't be too suprised) honestly any combination of the five could happen

Edited by MILO JAY

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, m1key said:

Will's Toy Story song marks his 3rd Chris Stapleton song this season (after Whiskey and You in Idol Arena and Starting Over at Top 12). i feel like most other artists (specifically the women) would be called out if they were covering the same artist three times in the competition so 🤷‍♂️

Maybe they’ll give Abi a 3rd pimp spot this week to make up for it. 

I don’t think this particular Stapleton song is very good. I had never even heard it. It’s a kid movie song. He didn’t even write it. 

Edited by TeamAudra

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, MILO JAY said:

same. like i could see a will triston emmy finale tbh (like i doubt it, but i wouldn't be too suprised) honestly any combination of the three could happen

i'd take the all-male finale over that one LOL but both would suck so i'm not gonna manifest them. i have nothing against emmy (i actually think she has a lovely tone) and i wish her well in her career but even putting her body of work on the season aside, i think it's unfair to have someone that was born a millionaire and with tons of connections in the industry competing against these other singers that are putting everything on line for a chance at making it. i never made a big deal out of this because i always assumed she was gonna be out before top 3 but her making the finale would leave a really sour taste on my mouth. we will see what happens tho.  

Edited by wildestinvegas
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, wildestinvegas said:

i'd take the all-male finale over that one LOL but both would suck so i'm not gonna manifest them. i have nothing against emmy and i wish her well in her career but i think it's unfair to have someone that was born a millionaire and with tons of connections in the industry competing against these other singers that are putting everything on line for a chance at making it. her making the finale would leave a really sour taste on my mouth but we will see what happens.  

Honestly, that's not a problem for me. But the fact that for the "Dance" theme she manipulated things and decided to stay on the piano was kind of...infuriating. She is taking no risks at all. And honestly she has not a lot to offer vocally. And i still have a problem with her singing emotionally charged songs without emotion. 

Also, not a fan of the original song that she sang on her audition because of... reasons. 

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if she ends up being the most succesful contestant of the season, tho. I mean, she already have the connections, and with her indie-ish style she can gather a lot of fans on TikTok.

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

Posted (edited)

I'll predict the performance order now as well as make some general comments on where contestants usually go. Both of Jack's performance will be in the first hour just like for the night of the Top 8 'cause they want to limit his momentum. Emmy will be in the middle as usual. Will has gone early and towards the end, so they could mix it up by having him go late for the first half and early in the second half of the show. Abi is clearly the producer favourite and the one they hope to win, so she'll probably go 4th in both halves of the show. Triston will go second in the first half with the song that connects to his story to limit the chance of him advancing. He'll close with Life On A Highway to leave little time for people to vote for him.

Performance order prediction: 1. Jack - Nobody's Fool 2. Triston - Almost There 3. Emmy - Carried Me With You 4. Abi - The Chain 5. Will - Born To Be Wild 6. Jack - Space Oddity 7. Will - The Ballad of the Lonesome Cowboy 8. Emmy - The Climb 9. Abi -Part of Your World 10. Triston - Life Is A Highway

Edited by MalwareDie

6 hours ago, wildestinvegas said:

I keep going back and forth between thinking Emmy has no shot and thinking that she will get voted thru. If she does get voted through, I think things are gonna get super nasty on social media. 

I doubt she makes it but who cares about social media? once the final comes the following week everyone forgets everyone except for the ones who make it down the road which the country singers should.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, MILO JAY said:

same. like i could see a will triston emmy finale tbh (like i doubt it, but i wouldn't be too suprised) honestly any combination of the three could happen

No add Abi my second fav and you got it

1 hour ago, Emmyfan said:

No add Abi my second fav and you got it

Agreed.

2 hours ago, MalwareDie said:

I'll predict the performance order now as well as make some general comments on where contestants usually go. Both of Jack's performance will be in the first hour just like for the night of the Top 8 'cause they want to limit his momentum. Emmy will be in the middle as usual. Will has gone early and towards the end, so they could mix it up by having him go late for the first half and early in the second half of the show. Abi is clearly the producer favourite and the one they hope to win, so she'll probably go 4th in both halves of the show. Triston will go second in the first half with the song that connects to his story to limit the chance of him advancing. He'll close with Life On A Highway to leave little time for people to vote for him.

Performance order prediction: 1. Jack - Nobody's Fool 2. Triston - Almost There 3. Emmy - Carried Me With You 4. Abi - The Chain 5. Will - Born To Be Wild 6. Jack - Space Oddity 7. Will - The Ballad of the Lonesome Cowboy 8. Emmy - The Climb 9. Abi -Part of Your World 10. Triston - Life Is A Highway

I wouldn’t mind that performance order.

This may seem strange, but I don’t care at all who makes the finale. It feels anti-climatic to me. There’s a basketball game on tonight that I have to watch, so I guess I’ll be checking in online from time to time. 

I think any of them could make the top 3, honestly. Abi is probably the biggest lock. 

KB and Julia are getting their looks done by stylists and Mia also said she is attending the show tonight. 

curious about this since i don't really remember this happening in the past

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Elliott said:

How I feel after looking at the song spoilers and trying to imagine most of the performances tonight:

8239aa1e2fa328496d901cfbf4bbd8e49129e0e5.gif

Where can I find the set list? I don’t see an ig post on it

1 hour ago, m1key said:

KB and Julia are getting their looks done by stylists and Mia also said she is attending the show tonight. 

curious about this since i don't really remember this happening in the past

They will probably be performing on the finale next week, so no need to fly home only to fly back in a few days for finale rehearsals.

• Like 1

I think Tristan is 100% a goner tonight.

The other one is going to be a mystery.

Emmy seems MOST likely to be voted off, but her grandmother's fans are very influential.

Will will probably give a lackluster performance and could be in danger as well.

Jack and Abi are safe based on popularity and song choices.

I’ll be honest, the themes are largely responsible for me losing interest in these last few episodes. Pictures and videos of grown men wearing the stupid Mickey Mouse hats and shirts isn’t helping, and the song choices don’t excite me at all. 

• Haha 4

40 minutes ago, idolfan1234 said:

I think Tristan is 100% a goner tonight.

The other one is going to be a mystery.

Emmy seems MOST likely to be voted off, but her grandmother's fans are very influential.

Will will probably give a lackluster performance and could be in danger as well.

Jack and Abi are safe based on popularity and song choices.

Idk even tho Triston has been underperforming for the past 2 weeks, I still think he's gonna make it. 

• Like 1