Most Famous Contestants Pre-Show from any version.

Jaffy

I’m bored so I’m posting this. 

Who is the most famous contestant pre-show? I:E: Esera Tualo was in season 13 and he was a professional football player. Has anyone from an international version been like royalty or an A-lister celebrity?

Also Happy Holidays!

Edited by Jaffy

wasn’t alisan porter rly famous for the curly sue thingy idk

also billy gilman for some country thing

sisaundra was celine’s vocal coach/director iirc but idk if that made her famous. 

christina grimmie had a huge social media following.

cassaddee pope was part of some thing before like hey monday idk for sure though

Edited by QueenCami
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

wasn’t alisan porter rly famous for the curly sue thingy idk

also billy gilman for some country thing

sisaundra was celine’s vocal coach/director iirc but idk if that made her famous. 

christina grimmie had a huge social media following.

cassaddee pope was part of some thing before like hey monday idk for sure though

All good answers!

Famous? Christina Grimmie

Billy also had some success as a young country artist. "One Voice" made it to the top 20 on  "Billboard Hot Country songs" chart and top 40 on the "All-genre billboard Hot 100" chart. It was nominated for Grammy as well in 2001.

He also opened up for Billy Ray Cyrus. Idk how famous he was, but at least Blake and Miley recognised him, so I think he kinda fits here as well.

Edited by Hamza Tufail
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Famous? Christina Grimmie

Billy also had some success as a young country artist. "One Voice" made it to the top 20 on  "Billboard Hot Country songs" chart and top 40 on the "All-genre billboard Hot 100" chart. It was nominated for Grammy as well in 2001.

He also opened up for Billy Ray Cyrus. Idk how famous he was, but at least Blake and Miley recognised him, so I think he kinda fits here as well.

Billy was probably the most “famous,” as far as people remembering him. 

Esera played for my favorite NFL team for 5 years, so I remembered him, but he wasn’t a star in the league. 

I had never heard of Grimmie. Outside of YouTube, I’m not sure she qualified as “famous.” 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

yet Sisaundra still snacked on her in the battles like she was nothing 💔

Sisaundra could've beaten anyone lol. Yeah Blake wasn't going to let her go anyway, but she was also just that good.

That said I do think Paula's battle was an improvement over her... uh, messy BA.

• Like 1

Dia Frampton was a member of Meg and Dia before the show, entered the show with the initial intention of promoting a new album. The duo were famous for "Monster"

Edited by Ottoxxx
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Hsamid said:

I feel like the YouTube famous singers like Christina and Lynnea are more well known then the ones that had a hit one time. They're probably the closest you can get to "famous" pre show contestants.

Yeah, that's what I was trying to say. Christina didn't have a hit, but she was somewhat famous on YTube. Billy had a hit, but he wasn't nearly as famous as her.

• Like 1

Angel Taylor from S2 came on the show pretty soon after she parted ways with Aware Records/Columbia Records. Her song "Like You Do" was played a lot on radio stations in L.A., but I'm not sure how popular it was generally. I actually saw her battle round performance live, I was confused how she could be eligible to be on the show since I wasn't aware she was no longer a major label artist. Several fellow contestants on her season were fans of hers before they met on the show.

• Like 1