Which of the top 13 has the best chance of making it big?

CocoaPuffs

Which of the top 13 has the best chance of making it big?   

42 members have voted

1. 1. Which one has the best chance at making it big (not including the winner)

• Eric
    • Alyssa
    • Devix
    • Rowan
    • Kique
    • Kim
    • Parijita
    • Justin
    • Brayden
    • Omar
    • Morgan
    • Bodie

Soooo who from the top 13 (excluding the winner) do y’all think has the best chance at really making it “big” … 🤔 

lol this is just for fun!! … also if someone wants to edit the topic to where it’s less wordy feel free bc I’m bad at this!

Edited by CocoaPuffs

gonna say parijita, though i’m going with a pretty narrow definition of making it big. i’m thinking of the case where one amasses a following on tiktok / goes viral multiple times and makes the most of that, kind of like Brynn and Alexa Cappelli. 

i think the younger ones are more likely to be adept at navigating social media and creating viral videos + parijita has a heavenly tone that is sure to impress viewers (though frankly most of the younger ones have very impressive / nice voices) + she has a distinct (at least by american / western standards and what typically goes viral) style that she showed on the voice that could contribute to a type of “brand” she creates for herself on tiktok / social media.

along the lines of what i said initially, i suspect that most of the other contestants, particularly the younger ones (alyssa, rowan, kique, brayden) could find success if they utilize tiktok strategically. it seems very powerful, as i’m sure many Brynn fans can attest in more detail.

Edited by QueenCami

alternate answer is morgan: i can see her finding success through continuing to persevere and using her connections. i think it’s hard to become a household name but i don’t doubt that she can find good success in country / nashville post-show (perhaps akin to that one s13 contestant that recently hosted some country show?? idk).

eric is already tiktok famous lol so that’s another thing.

bodie seems very much a great candidate for success today: alt-pop, cool style, seems very modern, and very capable vocalist. i would be happy to see him succeed and grow post-show (as i would with any of them).

5 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

gonna say parijita, though i’m going with a pretty narrow definition of making it big. i’m thinking of the case where one amasses a following on tiktok / goes viral multiple times and makes the most of that, kind of like Brynn and Alexa Cappelli. 

i think the younger ones are more likely to be adept at navigating social media and creating viral videos + parijita has a heavenly tone that is sure to impress viewers (though frankly most of the younger ones have very impressive / nice voices) + she has a distinct (at least by american / western standards and what typically goes viral) style that she showed on the voice that could contribute to a type of “brand” she creates for herself on tiktok / social media.

Parijita and Rowan came to my mind lol! Both are very young and have lots of potential. Both are also very likable and seem to be driven.

Edited by CocoaPuffs
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, QueenKalie said:

Really hard to say as odds are it's no one but if I had to pick someone I'm going with Rowan. She seems like probably the most marketable person out of this group.

I went with Rowan too … she seems really driven for her age and is also pretty likable. 

3 minutes ago, CocoaPuffs said:

Parijita and Rowan came to my mind lol! Both are very young and have lots of potential. Both are also very likable and seem to be driven.

Yes! I do truly think they all have what it takes as long as they continue working hard + get a bit of good luck with the TikTok algorithm.

I wish all the best to all of these contestants. This seems like a really tough industry but they’re clearly passionate about what they do.

Rowan, given who's at least kind of made it in the past. She may have underperformed on the show but so did Alexa, and Brynn's vocals were not always that great either. It can come with age and experience.

Parijita has a chance too but she does more diva and soulful ballads and I don't see that appealing as much to a tiktok/Gen Z audience.

2 minutes ago, season1 said:

Brayden.

unfortunately I feel like he’s going to go all in on the country lane which personally I think his tone just doesn’t rly stand out in😭….  I think his voice would fit pop wayyy better like for example I thought his tone sounded so distinctive, raw, and beautiful on “This Town.” 

1 hour ago, Hsamid said:

Was gonna say him as well but when was the last time a finalist got "big"?

It almost always seems to be the ones that don't make it before semis.

The Swon Brothers (S4) finished last in the finale (3rd) and got signed to a country label after the season. They released a couple of hits and a full album. They continue to release music and tour 9 years after the season.

Jake Worthington (S6) didn't win but he worked hard performing in Texas Country circuits. Eventually he got signed to a country label and he continues to tour.

Koryn Hawthorne finished last in S8 finale (4th) and she's having success in CCM, with a couple of hit songs and several nominations.

These three are the ones I remember off the top my head because they're all still having some sort of success in their genres.

Brayden has been recording songs and working on his album throughout this season, and he's written some of the songs with Morgan Myles. With the right label and promotion, he can be successful in country music.

Edited by season1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, CocoaPuffs said:

unfortunately I feel like he’s going to go all in on the country lane which personally I think his tone just doesn’t rly stand out in😭….  I think his voice would fit pop wayyy better like for example I thought his tone sounded so distinctive, raw, and beautiful on “This Town.” 

His tone and storytelling ability would suit pop country songs. 

bodie had 3 tracks on Spotify that hit 1 million before he stepped on The Voice stage . He better start releasing music by January if he wants to capitalize on the Voice boost.

bodie also collaborated with a bunch of people in the indie scene, most notably gnash (of i hate u i love u fame). If he can start reaching out to these connections, he might break through sooner than we thought.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Teraginn said:

bodie had 3 tracks on Spotify that hit 1 million before he stepped on The Voice stage . He better start releasing music by January if he wants to capitalize on the Voice boost.

bodie also collaborated with a bunch of people in the indie scene, most notably gnash (of i hate u i love u fame). If he can start reaching out to these connections, he might break through sooner than we thought.

wait i didn’t know this, i can’t believe i didn’t see anyone bring it up throughout the season

24 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

wait i didn’t know this, i can’t believe i didn’t see anyone bring it up throughout the season

I wanted to, but I keep forgetting to bring it up! LOL

He also had some easy to miss singles under the name HLYGHST, which is a collab with two other people, one of whom I'm pretty sure is Filipino. 

Anyway go stream bodie for clear skin and a good night's sleep!

https://open.spotify.com/artist/692n9oP6XtKux7LbSOnkSC

I think bodie fits the current market. He's perhaps a bit older than your average pop musician trying to cultivate an audience, but his sound is modern and commercially viable. Plus he's a producer, he understands how to arrange tracks and indeed, his 3 tracks on Spotify prove it. Keep it up, and I think he could have something good here.

I also think Brayden has a shot to fit in the current boyfriend country, Kane Brown-esque market. Put his voice and image to romantic lyrics and a chill beat composed of hand claps, and you may have yourself a hit.

• Like 2

Morgan has the highest floor, meaning she’s almost guaranteed to be able to continue having a full time career from her music. She played 130 shows last year, all over the country, and is very connected in the industry. As for her ceiling, there’s no way to predict. We all know how difficult it is for females in Nashville. The reason she hadn’t broken through in the first place is she doesn’t fit into country radio. 

Brayden definitely has the image, and perhaps a high ceiling, but he also has a very low floor. He’s 16, lives in rural Michigan, and has a lot of work to do. He also has athletic interests, which could derail a potential music career. Morgan seems to have taken him under her wing with songwriting and recording help, which can help. 

Bodie: I don’t know enough about the market for what he does, but he does seem to have a presence about him. 

If any of them are going to make it “big,” they will have to do it the hard way (or get lucky). There are no short cuts anymore, and this show’s audience does not support these artists to a significant degree. 

• Like 1

Speaking of Morgan, it’s not as though Nashville doesn’t know who she is. This was 2020. Album Of The Year, and Artist Of The Year, all genre, at the Nashville Industry Music Awards. Someone else stated perfectly, that it isn’t that they don’t know who she is…they just don’t know what to do with her. They probably said the same about Stapleton. 

Either way, she is so well respected, that she will always have opportunities. 

0iJFaFF.png

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/critically-acclaimed-singer-songwriter-morgan-myles-takes-home-double-win-at-2020-nimas-301120496.html

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 4