Thoughts on this years winner

Discovolcano2

55 members have voted

1. 1. Pick

• The rightful winner and my pick to win
    • Not my number 1 but I’m happy he won.
    • Neutral
    • Eeh. Not the best winner
    • Last thing we need is another basic country singer winning. Terrible winner

He had one of my favourite male country auditions in recent memory but from KO it went downhill from there until his semifinal and finale where he's ranked in my top 3.

I cant be upset he won since he gave his best performances in the most important weeks of the season, but I can't deny i'm pretty underwhelmed by his overall run and I would have preffered Bodie, Morgan and Omar if we're judging by their entire voice journey.

• Like 2

If he’d maintained the level of his audition up through the finale rather than declining for the first couple weeks of live shows, I’d probably have picked the second option. As is, I’m neutral - he’s clearly talented and knows what sort of artist he wants to be & how to make that work for him vocally, which I can respect, but I preferred others in the finale over him so I am a teensy bit disappointed (but not surprised) he won.

• Like 1

I guess it's complicated. I reeeeally didn't like him until the semifinals/finals, when he gave not only his three best performances (in my opinion), but some of the standout performances of each night. Like, I actively disliked him... but he really showed up on those last two nights. I don't know where THAT Bryce was during the rest of the season, but I'm not mad about him winning.

I'm actually more stunned that someone has FINALLY won this show from an Instant Save.

• Like 2

There are dozens if not hundreds of FAR better country singers toiling away in Nashville, trying to make a name themselves in the industry. The only thing most of them lack is charm and good looks. That’s the recipe for winning this show. An average voice can still easily win. Can’t wait to see which generic country singer will win next year! 😆

3 hours ago, WastedinMemphis said:

Wendy or GNT would have won this season, too.

GNT would have definitely beat Bryce. I could see Wendy but only if she was also on Team Blake and even then, not sure….

1 hour ago, FloorWax said:

GNT would have definitely beat Bryce. I could see Wendy but only if she was also on Team Blake and even then, not sure….

If Wendy was on Team Blake, she'd get enough Blake support, casual viewers and fans of eliminated contestants that by the end she'd take it.  If she were with Kelly, it might be an even bigger win. No opinion on the others, although it's kinda hard for me to imagine Wendy elsewhere with those two choices. Would be interesting with John.

P.S. I think Morgan would have won this season with Kelly. Or Blake.

Further thought, though going off topic - In a hypothetical world, I'd love to see a finale that included Wendy and Morgan, one with Blake and one with Kelly. That makes the music zone in my brain tingle.

Edited by WastedinMemphis

Truth be told, it was more the lack of competition (in terms of voting potential, not talent) than his actual appeal that gave Bryce the win I think. 

He missed PV in playoffs, but bodie started singing non-Minivan friendly songs and Brayden was underdelivering, so there comes Bryce. 

Morgan is in her 30s and with a new coach, and Omar was polarizing. 

• Like 2