The Voice 22 ● Live Finale Part 1 ● Discussion

istersay

2 minutes ago, Stacey. said:

I do prefer country in general (often have country faves whether they're on Blake's team or not like Josh Gallagher tho Blake is my fave coach) but I've had other favourites too (like Hailey Mia last season) and I'm not biased towards a specific coach's team either. Legit just don't like Bodie at all lol 

Hailey was so good

• Like 3

Just now, Teraginn said:

It was! 

At this point, I just want the artists to be their true authentic selves and show their real artistry, and not aim for the grand prize that we all know sucks. I think the artists tonight did just that.

Correction...three artists were true to themselves. On the flip-side, one (young artist) doesn't really know who he is yet and another (Cowboy hat wearing) artist played right to the base.

1 minute ago, Ptones2010 said:

Correction...three artists were true to themselves. On the flip-side, one (young artist) doesn't really know who he is yet and another (Cowboy hat wearing) artist played right to the base.

Bryce seemed really true to himself tonight.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Ptones2010 said:

What on earth type of artist do you think Bryce is? He absolutely 100% was true to himself as an artist 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ptones2010 said:

Bryce seems pretty clear of who he is as an artist. Of course he's gonna play to his base.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Stacey. said:

Ever since like week 3 of auditions I've only been watching Bryce's performances every week because some of the Youtube videos were missing bc I'm in the UK and they just weren't showing up and I gave up on it. I realise now I could've used my vpn tho which I would've done if I'd remembered before. And I haven't watched a live show either. So yeah 😅

Oooh I didn't know all of this but ahh I see. 🤣 That takes a lot of commitment to follow the season and not properly watch the full show for just one person. 😮 

28 minutes ago, Ptones2010 said:

I wish Omar would've toned down all the theatrics because his vocals are killer on this.

Same.

27 minutes ago, Stacey. said:

Also both of Omar's songs were exactly the same tempo 💀

Ooh lol, I think "The Way You Make Me Feel" was definitely a pure upbeat song. "Somebody to Love" was more of a ~ballad, but not a pure ballad like the others. :haha: 

27 minutes ago, monkshood said:

No offense to Omar. He is a powerful singer, but all of his performances make me think of him on Broadway or someplace where he can do these big, outrageous performances rather than record music for the masses. JMO

This comment also makes a lot of sense.

• Like 2

If I had to predict again, I'd still probably put Omar in 5th because showstopping pimp spot performances weren't enough for Kennedy or Rose either. Granted Omar had a more minivan friendly song. I'd be very happy to get that prediction wrong lol.

Finally finished watching tonight's show.

I'm pleasantly surprised that my favorites got decent songs. As a bonus, Brayden covered a song from my Season 8 favorite, Corey Kent (White). ^_^

I think this Top 5 delivered solid performances and this finale was a very enjoyable watch for me. Good luck to the Top 5 -- may they all have flourishing music career after this season.

Several The Voice alumni have already proven you don't have to win to have some success post show, or years down the road with hard work and dedication. IDF didn't like Corey Kent White during his season (another "boring" Team Blake country singer), and tonight, his breakout song "Wild As Her" was covered on The Voice finale.

Edited by season1
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Ptones2010 said:

3 hours ago, FloorWax said:

Bryce seemed really true to himself tonight.

3 hours ago, seak05 said:

What on earth type of artist do you think Bryce is? He absolutely 100% was true to himself as an artist 

Lol yeah I was gonna say that Bryce was also true to himself.

You don't have to like him, which is totally understandable. I don't either but he's truly been authentic to himself as a singer/performer just as much as bodie, Omar and Morgan have been. :yes: