Actors & Actresses Rankdown 2.0 (Winner Posted)

Steven_

33 minutes ago, *Chris said:

You know how I feel about her... I think Rei should truly thank you for getting her to this point because otherwise, I would have cut her a while back. 

Pretty much same here. I would’ve definitely nominated or cut her if Andy didn’t always ask safety for her. :haha: 

35 minutes ago, *Chris said:

You know how I feel about her... I think Rei should truly thank you for getting her to this point because otherwise, I would have cut her a while back. 

Just now, ~Tom~ said:

Pretty much same here. I would’ve definitely nominated or cut her if Andy didn’t always ask safety for her. :haha: 

My king @#jeah :wub:

• Like 1

8. JULIA LOUIS-DREYFUS

Julia-Louis-Dreyfus-julia-louis-dreyfus-35426140-1600-1200.jpg&ehk=MGRBkWwvShvL88Ql40vEpve%2B%2BMaaNWy0B3A5K0jGY3U=&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

giphy.gif

REI: 4

DEREK: 5

ALEX: 6

CHRIS: 10

ANDY: 18

TOM: 19

REI

Selina is just one of the greatest comedy roles ever! Veep is a masterpiece of a comedy series. Julia won the Emmy for nearly all of the seasons Veep was on air and it was actually well deserved. This high ranking is mostly based on my love for Veep because it is just that good. Julia is, of course, also known for being on Seinfield, as well for The New Adventures of Old Christine, roles that also gave her Emmys. She also did some drama work on movies with Enough Said which is actually a very good movie. But like I said, this high ranking is because Veep is one of my favorite shows ever and Selina Meyer is one of the finest comedy performances of all time.

DEREK

Per all my own rules I should have targeted Julia and I should be ranking her low since she got like 3rd place last time and is still a huge threat to win. But I actually stan Julia very hard. For a while she was just the funny lady that I enjoyed in everything, but then Veep happened. Cultural reset. SIX BACK-TO-BACK BEST ACTRESS AWARDS AT THE PRIMETIME EMMYS. And a nomination for the final season. If you watched the show you would have no choice but to agree that she deserved to win every year. The show is amazing and her performance is spectacular. If you haven't seen Veep you need to get your act together.

ALEX

Queen of television! JLD making it to the end twice despite primarily being a television and comedy actress?! This is not the IDF I know! But I'm not complaining. I am ranking everyone who made the end last time a bit lower than I normally would, but JLD is still the highest of the three as she's one of my favorite actresses ever. Having Selina Meyer alone already makes her deserving of top 20. She could have done no other work in her entire life besides Selina Meyer in Veep and you wouldn't hear a single peep from me about her being in the top 20. But she does have more. She also has Elaine Benes. Two of the greatest characters in the history of television are both portrayed by Julia Louis-Dreyfus. And while the characters certainly have some similarities, they're still very unique, very different characters. She has the range! I've only seen a few episodes of The New Adventures of Old Christine here and there, but we'll throw that in there as well for her trio of Emmy winning lead actress performances. I'll also give a shoutout to Maggie Lizer on Arrested Development. Truly a much better AD guest role than Charlize's lol.

Obviously JLD's film roles are more limited, but she has a few hidden gems here and there. She has some fun voiceover work in A Bug's Life and Onward. She's also recently joined the MCU and while I still have no idea where they're taking her character I'm excited and hopeful she'll get to do some fun stuff! Her best film is Enough Said with James Gandolfini. Such a charming and underrated movie directed by the very talented Nicole Holofcener. JLD and Gandolfini were both very Oscar worthy in that film. I just love her so much and think she's perfect!

CHRIS

giphy.gif

This ranking is a few spots below where I ranked her during the previous rankdown as she benefited from my lack of top favourites, and I am being a bit more strategic with the ranking as I think that she could win it all - I'd be fine if she were to win but certainly not my first choice.  

Known for her comedy, she has multiple Emmys for her on Seinfeld, The New Adventures of Old Christine, and Veep - she's one of the most decorated actress of all time.  One thing that she's able to do better than anyone else is the way she personify each character especially Selina Meyer in Veep which what made me a real fan of hers.   I could go on and on about Veep & how much I love the show especially as a politico, but since this is about JLD, let it be known that she's truly one of the best sitcom actress in the industry.

ANDY

Love JLD but she came too close to winning last time for my liking so I am ranking her low here. Of course I stan her in Veep and especially in Seinfeld. Truly a comedic genius and an absolute queen.

TOM

Easily one of the biggest threats here and not someone whose work I am really attached to, so unfortunately she lands at #19.

STEVEN

I like Julia Louis-Dreyfus, and she's proven to be one of the best comedic actresses ever. She's won three Emmy Awards for three different characters for a reason. Seinfeld wasn't ever one of my favorite shows, but I've seen plenty of episodes. Elaine would be my favorite of the main characters, although the characters as a whole weren't exactly the most likable. I've seen some episodes of The New Adventures of Old Christine, and she's good there too (although the show was not at the same level as Seinfeld or Veep). I'll admit that I was rooting for Amy Poehler during the years Julia dominated for Veep. But I've seen clips of Veep online, and I don't doubt Julia was deserving of all those wins. I also thought it was funny whenever Julia would do those bits at award shows. The year she and Amy Poehler accidentally swapped acceptance speeches was funny, and then years later when she didn't remember Bryan Cranston was on Seinfeld was funny too. I like Julia, and it's no surprise to see her in the endgame again.

• Like 1

• Steven_ changed the title to Actors & Actresses Rankdown 2.0 (#8 Posted)

Aww I really like Julia Louis-Dreyfus and wished she ranked a little higher. But it's impressive she made it to 8th after being in these end games for the second time. :yes: Happy for her getting this far!

7. ANDREW GARFIELD

jDbw&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

b_minor.gif

CHRIS: 6

ALEX: 8

ANDY: 8

DEREK: 11

REI: 13

TOM: 14

CHRIS

tumblr_pyvb73VK1r1ttxfcgo4_400.gifvtumblr_pyvb73VK1r1ttxfcgo3_400.gif

Similar to my #7, I believe that he could be an underdog in the final ranking as there's truly nobody that dislike him - beside some people from the public but luckily, they're not participating. And honestly, looking at my ranking of his, I should probably have ranked him in my #7 and vice versa but it's too late now.  So onto Andrew Garfield ? What is there to say beside him being handsome with charisma ? I mean, all of this is certainly backed by him being a great actor.  I think we can say that his first major break in the North American entertainment scene was with his role in The Social Network - I'm not the biggest fan of the film but I did think he was one of the highlight. And then we were all smitten by him when he was Spider Man - even myself & I've seen seen his films - but since then, he actually have been able to leave the Spider-Man in the past like I find that it's not a movie that a lot of people associate with him. He's been in a few movies such as Never Let Me Go - one of my personal favourite of his, Hacksaw Ridge, The Eyes of Tammy Faye - unfortunately for him, I couldn't finish the film as I was bored out of my mind, and as a guest judge on RPDR UK. And then there's of course his portrayal of a Broadway legend that left us way too soon, Jonathan Larson, in Tick, Tick...Boom! where he absolutely amazing from start to finish - he was my personal choice for Best Actor that year, and it's certainly one of the superior musical biopic along with Rocketman but I digress.. Back onto Andrew, he has recently appeared in Under the Banner of Heaven which earned him plenty of praises - I've been meaning to also watch that series so I'll eventually get to it.  In other words, Andrew Garfield is an underrated actor who could be the underdog in this rankdown!

ALEX

Andrew Garfield is absolutely one of the best young actors working today. His spot in the top 20 here is 100% earned. He's cute I guess, but he's definitely not here for thirst reasons, it's because of his fantastic acting. SORRY MY PRADA'S AT THE CLEANERS ALONG WITH MY HOODIE AND MY F*CK YOU FLIP FLOPS YOU PRETENTIOUS DOUCHEBAG! Everyone knows The Social Network is one of my favorite movies ever and I instantly became a fan of Andrew Garfield when I saw him in it. After that he got the role of Spider-Man, Stonefield was born, and it was smooth sailing (till Stonefield broke up and temporarily made me believe love is dead :broken:).

Soon after he earned his first Oscar nomination for Hacksaw Ridge. I hate that movie and f*ck Mel Gibson, but Andrew was great. I would've rather seen him nominated for Silence that same year. He had a great 2021 with The Eyes of Tammy Faye, Spider-Man: No Way Home, and especially Tick, Tick... Boom! which is my favorite performance from Garfield. That movie could've very easily been annoying with such an unlikable protagonist and LMM's erratic direction. However, Garfield dominated that movie from start to finish and really should've won the Oscar.

On the tv side of things he starred in the miniseries Under the Banner of Heaven which was a really subtle and moving performance from Garfield. Obviously I knew he was capable of it, but it was really nice seeing a different side to him, and makes me even more confident in his ability. He was apparently in two episodes of Doctor Who...don't really remember that but cool! Andrew Garfield is obviously a star and has a long and illustrious career ahead of him.

ANDY

Not surprised he sailed into the top 20 but a little more surprised that people don’t think he deserves to? Clearly they haven’t seen Hacksaw Ridge or Tick Tick Boom. Andrew Garfield is so good. He’s also become bona fide trade these days, with that beard. I definitely have enjoyed Andrew for years, loved his pairing with Emma Stone and was sad when they didn’t work out, but I think he’s legitimately one of the more talented actors in the game proven by his versatility and charming nature he brings to every role he does

DEREK

If this was just SpiderMan and Social Network I'd be rolling my eyes harder. But he did the Jonathan Larson movie and I'm a Renthead so I have to give him some props for that.

REI

I'm here for Andrew getting hotter as the years pass. I know Andrew is still not 40 but somehow he seems to have been acting for quite some time so I was surprised to see that he has done only 20 films. Never Let Me Go, The Social Network and Hacksaw Ridge are the ones that come to mind when we talk about his acting chops which are great tbh. I know he was good on Tick, Tick... Boom but I still haven't gotten to it. This ranking is a mix of talent + looks to me.

TOM

Andrew Garfield is a British actor best known for The Social Network, the Amazing Spider-Man films, and Hacksaw Ridge. I knew him first from Boy A though, which I really enjoyed. Freed after a lengthy term in a juvenile detention center, convicted child killer Jack Burridge (Andrew Garfield) finds work as a deliveryman and begins dating co-worker Michelle (Katie Lyons). While out on the road one day, he notices a distressed child, and, after reuniting the girl with her family, becomes a local celebrity.  He must still cope with everyday life and the distrust of his fellow citizens. Can he do it? Well you'll have to see the movie. Very attractive but not a top fave.

STEVEN

I like Andrew Garfield, and I'm glad he managed to make it to the Top 20. #7 is a pretty good ranking for him too. I first saw Andrew Garfield in The Social Network, and he was excellent in the role. The best acted scene of the film is when Saverin finds out Zuckerberg screwed him over, which Alex quoted in his write-up. Andrew would then be cast as Spider-Man, and I thought he was very good in the role. It's too bad his time as Spider-Man was short-lived, but it was cool to see him reprise the role in Spider-Man: No Way Home. Elsewhere, Andrew has continued to show his acting chops in various projects. He was nominated at the Oscars twice for Hacksaw Ridge and Tick, Tick... Boom! He should've won the Oscar for Tick, Tick... Boom!, but it seemed like it was decided early on Will Smith was going to win and no one else was really considered, but I digress. Andrew did manage to win a Golden Globe for that role, and he also won a Tony Award for Angels in America and a BAFTA TV Award for Boy A. Perhaps he'll get the Oscar too someday. He's proven to be talented enough to be worthy of one.

• Steven_ changed the title to Actors & Actresses Rankdown 2.0 (#7 Posted)

Oooh #7 is a really good spot for Andrew Garfield. 😮 I didn't think he would be this high but well done to him as I do like him. Andrew looks like he got a lot of those middling rankings (spots 6-14) where he's not really super loved or disliked amongst people but very well liked amongst everyone. So he wasn't controversial amongst people. I think I would have ranked him where everyone else did as well. :haha: 

I'm meh on Oscar Isaac being the top man standing here but I like that for Andy, so that's very cool, at least! :haha: :hug: