Actors & Actresses Rankdown 2.0 (Winner Posted)

Steven_

17. NICHOLAS HOULT

desktop-wallpaper-nicholas-hoult.jpg

10c97f99f893cbc023925147643afe8d3864d9b6.gif

TOM: 4

REI: 12

CHRIS: 13

ANDY: 15

DEREK: 15

ALEX: 19

TOM

As I'm sure people know by now, Nicholas Hoult is my favorite male actor remaining in this. Most of my male faves got destroyed but he is my favorite British male actor and likely favorite male actor, period. I first came to know him in Skins where he played Tony and had great chemistry with Sid. From there, I came to love him in The Favourite, Mad Max, Tolkien, Warm Bodies, etc. Pretty much all his films except About a Boy, which can choke. Lately he has developed into an excellent character actor, playing the horrible Peter III on The Great, one of my favorite shows ever. His and Elle Fanning's chemistry is off the charts and every episode is hilarious. He has developed into an excellent character actor, playing off-beat unsavory male characters like in The Menu and it'll be the case as well in Reinfield which I can't wait for. And playing such characters is such a contrast to his normal personality which from all accounts is sweet. I doubt he places that high but would love it if he did!

REI

Nicholas Hoult is a cutie who is getting hotter with the passing years. About a Boy, A Single Man, X-Men: First Class, Days of Future Past, Mad Max: Fury Road, Apocalypse, The Favourite and Dark Phoenix. All of them except for the last two X-men movies have all been great movies. I think he nailed his role on The Favourite even if most of the attention went to all of the ladies there. I've also meant to watch The Great but sadly haven't gotten to yet, but I've only heard good things about it. He thinks to be one of the most popular guys between this set of rankers so I expect him to rank quite high.

CHRIS

tumblr_mu6qtel3R91qkb6keo1_500.gif

It's crazy to me that this is Marcus from About a Boy, which was his breakthrough role!  Since being a child actor, he went on to leave a mark on many of us with his appearance in Mad Max : Fury Road.  He's also known for his apperance in The Great which is a show that I have yet to watch but knowing that a new season is coming sooner than later, perhaps it's time for me to catch up to it? Anyway, I believe this is a great spot for an actor that's only starting to leave his mark in the industry as well for one that I haven't seen a lot of his body of work.

ANDY

He is astonishingly wonderful in The Great and I cannot wait for season 3! Huzzah for him making it to the top 20

DEREK

I don't think Mad Max and X Men and Warm Bodies warrants a placement in this game, but people here say he's doing good work in The Great so I guess I'll take your word for it? Hopefully he's here for a reason other than being hot.

ALEX

This is slightly strategic because I think he might even be more random than Kathryn Hahn and maaaaaybe he can save her from a 20th place fate? Maybe? Probably not, but it's worth a shot. I like Nicholas Hoult! He hasn't given a bad performance yet! But he's still young and just doesn't have quite the resume his peers have yet. He'll get there soon I'm sure though. He was the only actor or actress to star in two movies in the top 10 of the original Films of the Decade game so that's pretty iconic! He is fantastic in Mad Max: Fury Road and The Favourite so his taste is *chefs kiss* (even though both movies are mainly about the women lol).

I'm familiar with some of his younger work such as in About a Boy and A Single Man. He was fine, but he's definitely grown into a great actor! He was also in Skins when he was younger. I tried watching the first few episodes of that like 2-3 years ago but couldn't get into it. But that might have to do with the fact that it's a teen show and I was in my mid-20's so probably missed the boat on that one! Currently he's starring in The Great on Hulu which is a fantastic show, which garnered him a well deserved Emmy nomination. Elle Fanning is the star of the show, but he is certainly holding his own fantastically. S3 coming in a few weeks I believe too!

Overall like I said, Hoult hasn't given a bad performance. He also hasn't been the number one standout actor in any project he's been in. I look forward to continuing to follow his career. But as it is for now, can't rank him any higher than this.

STEVEN

I haven't seen a lot of films starring Nicholas Hoult. I remember him best from Warm Bodies and the newer X-Men films, but I've seen Mad Max: Fury Road and The Favourite too. He does portray a wide range of different characters in just these films, so he does have talent. I haven't seen The Great, but I trust those that say he's doing excellent work there. I was kind of surprised he managed to get to the Top 20, but it's not uncommon to see someone make it to the end of a rankdown due to strong support from a passionate fan or two.

• Steven_ changed the title to Actors & Actresses Rankdown 2.0 (#17 Posted)

16. EWAN McGREGOR

feat-tiff-american-pastoral-portraits-725x400.jpg

085ad717e56d54dec1123455f0693c00ce600c4d.gif

CHRIS: 8

ANDY: 10

TOM: 11

DEREK: 14

ALEX: 16

REI: 17

CHRIS

tumblr_mkmq93Javx1s3flayo1_500.gif

Was he ever nominated? I truly don't recall him ever being nominated throughout the rankdown which was a great surprise to me as I originally brought him in as a shield for some of top favourites but it ended up working in his favor, instead.  Of course, I do like Ewan which all started when I first saw him in Moulin Rouge! ; It's hard to not fall under his spell in that movie. He's been in other films such as Trainspotting, Big Fish, Angel and Demons, in the live remake of Beauty & The Beast, Christopher Robin, and Birds of Prey.  He earned praise for his role in Fargo - which I do have to watch eventually, and he also been in Halston - I tried to watch but I couldn't finish, and he's apparently great in Obi-Wan Kenobi.   He's truly a talented actor and I'll be happy with whatever his placement is!

ANDY

I of course grew up watching Ewan in the Star Wars prequel movies which is a huge reason that he and Natalie Portman have a huge place in my heart. But he’s proven that he is a talented force to be reckoned with. I really enjoyed Ewan in the season of Fargo that he was in as well as movies like Beginners, The Impossible, and Salmon Fishing in the Yemen. I'm sure part of my (and the fellow gays here) love for him is due to his, um, pretty good looks. But he’s a worthy inclusion in our top 20 for sure.

TOM

When I think of him I just think Star Wars but that’s enough to make him a favorite.

DEREK

His filmography and the roles he chooses are hit-or-miss for me, but I've never disliked him in anything he's done. Shout-out to Fargo

ALEX

Mary Elizabeth Winstead made the top 20 of the last game, but came in last place. I lowkey wouldn't be surprised if her husband suffered the same fate here lol. He may not be last place, but I can't imagine a high ranking for him, but maybe I'll be surprised. I feel like Ewan McGregor kinda slipped through the cracks. Is anyone super passionate about him? I'm a fan, mainly of his earlier work, but I wouldn't consider myself some sort of Ewan McGregor stan.

Ewan McGregor got his start in a few Indie British films such as Being Human and the incredible Trainspotting, which is probably my favorite film and performance from him. He also had a guest role on ER which earned him an Emmy nomination before making his mainstream breakthrough as Obi-Wan Kenobi in the Star Wars prequels. Yes the prequels are overall rather weak, but I think McGregor does the best he can in them. And not for nothing, I think he delivers a great performance in Episode 3. Despite being committed to the family friendly Star Wars franchise, McGregor still continues to take on dangerous and daring roles such as Velvet Goldmine, Young Adam, Scenes of a Sexual Nature, and one of my personal favorite movies I Love You Phillip Morris.

As of recently, I haven't really been into much that Ewan is doing. He starred in the third season of Fargo, but honestly wasn't one of the standout parts of the season. He also won an Emmy for some Ryan Murphy show Halston which was...a choice. And don't even get me started on that terrible Obi-Wan miniseries. I thought he was kind of fun as the villain in Birds of Prey though! I guess he's getting older and he can't be whipping his dick out and taking on all these crazy roles anymore lol. I still appreciate him as an actor, just not one of my favorites.

REI

Ewan is a fine actor but again not a favorite of mine. There are a bunch of movies from him that I've enjoyed more than the actors I ranked below hence why he is above them. Trainspotting, Big Fish, The Ghost Writer, The Impossible, Son of a Gun and Birds of Prey are the ones I refer to. He doesn't seem to be a big favorite from anyone so I predict he'll show up below #15.

STEVEN

Ewan McGregor is another surprising addition to this Top 20. He's someone I never would've predicted would make it to the Top 20 since I didn't think anyone here was that passionate about him. Maybe I'm wrong, or perhaps he slipped through the cracks? Anyway, the character of Obi-Wan Kenobi is what first comes to mind with Ewan McGregor, even though I'm not really a Star Wars fan. I don't dislike the franchise. I'm just not passionate about it like so many people seem to be, but I digress. I do think Ewan McGregor does a great job as Obi-Wan Kenobi. Elsewhere, I've seen him in a few other projects, but I haven't watched the majority of his filmography. 

ALEX

3. Kathryn Hahn
14. Josh O'Connor
16. Ewan McGregor
19. Nicholas Hoult
20. Sigourney Weaver

ANDY

10. Ewan McGregor
15. Nicholas Hoult
17. Kathryn Hahn
19. Josh O'Connor
20. Sigourney Weaver

CHRIS

8. Ewan McGregor
12. Josh O'Connor
13. Nicholas Hoult
14. Sigourney Weaver
20. Kathryn Hahn

DEREK

6. Kathryn Hahn
14. Ewan McGregor
15. Nicholas Hoult
16. Sigourney Weaver
18. Josh O'Connor

REI

12. Nicholas Hoult
15. Kathryn Hahn
16. Josh O'Connor
17. Ewan McGregor
18. Sigourney Weaver

TOM

4. Nicholas Hoult
6. Josh O'Connor
7. Sigourney Weaver
11. Ewan McGregor
20. Kathryn Hahn

ALEX

3. Kathryn Hahn
14. Josh O'Connor
16. Ewan McGregor
19. Nicholas Hoult
20. Sigourney Weaver

ANDY

10. Ewan McGregor
15. Nicholas Hoult
17. Kathryn Hahn
19. Josh O'Connor
20. Sigourney Weaver

CHRIS

8. Ewan McGregor
12. Josh O'Connor
13. Nicholas Hoult
14. Sigourney Weaver
20. Kathryn Hahn

DEREK

6. Kathryn Hahn
14. Ewan McGregor
15. Nicholas Hoult
16. Sigourney Weaver
18. Josh O'Connor

REI

12. Nicholas Hoult
15. Kathryn Hahn
16. Josh O'Connor
17. Ewan McGregor
18. Sigourney Weaver

TOM

4. Nicholas Hoult
6. Josh O'Connor
7. Sigourney Weaver
11. Ewan McGregor
20. Kathryn Hahn

5 minutes ago, #jeah said:

You only have one in your top 10 that showed up though!

But the rest of my bottom can start showing up like yours and Rei although I do not want Rei's #20 to show up 🙂 

• Steven_ changed the title to Actors & Actresses Rankdown 2.0 (#16 Posted)