Actors & Actresses Rankdown 2.0 (Winner Posted)

Steven_

Helen Mirren

440px-Helen_Mirren-2208_(cropped).jpg

Dame Helen Mirren is definitely a legendary actress whose excellent career has spawned over nearly 60 years, including films, tv series, theatre and even music videos. Helen Mirren is the only artist to have achieved the Triple Crown of Acting both in the US and the UK, that includes winning an Academy Award, Emmy Award and Tony Award on the US and winning a Bafta Film Award, a Bafta Television Award and a Laurence Olivier Award. What a legend! She obtained her Oscar for her performance on The Queen which I believe is her most famous role. I find it interesting though that she just won it on 2007 as it felt like she was long overdue for one. She also received nominations for her performances on The Madness of King George, Gosford Park and The Last Station. I particularly loved Gosford Park and would have been happy with her winning there but that was a stacked year for Best Supporting Actress. Her most recognisable role on TV is that in Prime Suspect, a show that I never watched but if you get two Emmys and three Bafta awards for that, I can imagine she was brilliant in it. Her performance on the play The Audience gave her her Tony and Oliver Awards. Some of her other popular roles include: The Long Good Friday, Cal, 2010, Teaching Mrs. Tingle, Calendar Girls, The Tempest, The Debt, Hitchcock, The Hundred-Foot Journey, Woman in Gold, Eye in the Sky, Trumbo and The Leisure Seeker. Another great interesting fact is that she was appointed Dame on 2003 for her services to drama, a role that I must admit I'm very ignorant about but Dame/Sir Rei would sound cool so I'd take it.

Saving Hugh Laurie

• Like 1

Margot Robbie

330px-thumbnail.jpg

Of the names on this list, two stood out as ones that should not make the top 100, and one of them was Margot Robbie. I feel Hollywood is trying to shove her down her throats as the next big thing, but I think she's going to be another one that fell short of the A-list. She is most well-known for I, Tonya, Promising Young Woman and Suicide Squad, and she was also good in Bombshell. However, she's been in a few flops recently, namely Harley Quinn: Birds of Prey, The Suicide Squad, Amsterdam and it looks like Babylon is on course to be a box-office flop as well. Of those four I've only seen Birds of Prey and I didn't think the movie was that great nor was her character. So out she goes from the rankdown now.

Save: Meryl

• Like 1

Nicolas Cage

6234961e683ded0019d24790?width=700

Just like Jim Carrey, Nicolas Cage can be a bit #much for me at times. As brilliant as he was in movies like Leaving Las Vegas, Adaptation, and Raising Arizona, I still haven't emotionally recovered from watching Face/Off a few weeks ago for the first time. Nicolas Cage I feel like has a bit of a reputation for being Out There and maybe isn't as appreciated for his acting chops nowadays. While the National Treasure movies have turned into a bit of a meme, they're good fun. And like I mentioned before, he really was brilliant throughout the 80's and 90's taking on some really daring and interesting roles. He's one of the most serious thespians I feel like also. He takes acting very seriously and I kinda appreciate that. He's also been nominated for worst actor at the Razzie's about six times so he's had his fair share of flops. I feel like people are taking him more seriously again. Pig was a bit of a critical comeback for him. He's got a lot of projects coming out and I'd be curious to see how they turn out. I'm not a huge fan, but I have respect for him. But he also has turned me off in his fair share of roles.

Save Al Pacino

• Like 1

Angelina Jolie

60,262 Angelina Jolie Photos and Premium High Res Pictures - Getty Images

I just spent WAY TOO LONG finding a small enough image of her to use so sorry for that getty images stamp over the pic lol. Angelina Jolie is absolutely one of the biggest and most well-known names in Hollywood and for many valid reasons. An Oscar winner for 1999's Girl, Interrupted, she is a talented actress who has been in box office smashes over the years. She's known for being a sex symbol and for her high profile relationships- namely Billy Bob Thornton and most notably Brad Pitt, one of the most iconic Hollywood pairings ever that had an even more high profile ending (and Brad Pitt really came out of that looking very yikes, huh). I've never been the biggest fan of Angelina's- I don't dislike her, honestly it's more the fact that at the end of the day I really haven't watched many of her movies. There's Mr. and Mrs. Smith of course, and she is very well known for being Lara Croft. In the last 10-15 years I'd say her most high-profile role was that of Maleficent in the live-action Disney movies. So yeah. She's a pretty huge name and I have a lot of respect for her (she also is a filmmaker, Unbroken was pretty decent), given all of her humanitarian work over the years, but as someone who's not really attached to her career I am fine cutting her.

Save: Sandra Bullock

• Like 1

Julia Roberts

Julia Roberts Shopping GIF by SundanceTV

I feel like Julia is one of the biggest A-listers out there. She came onto the scene with Mystic Pizza, Steel Magnolias, and Pretty Woman and was instantly huge. 10 years later she charmed all the award people with Erin Brockovich and got her Oscar, BAFTA, Critic's Choice, SAG, and another Golden Globe. And over 10 years after that she returned for August Osage County. What was she doing in the meantime the rest of those years? Iconic rom coms, Pelican Brief, a couple Ocean's movies, and even a random guest appearance on Friends for their Super Bowl episode. She has been in a bunch of stuff just by the fact that she has been working for decades, but I think she is a LITTLE MORE SELECTIVE THAN OTHER PERFORMERS BECAUSE SHE'S SUCH A HUGE NAME AND HONESTLY HAS NOTHING ELSE TO PROVE. MY KID IS BACK PRESSING CAPS LOCK AGAIN SO WE WILL JUST DEAL WITH IT

SAVE COLIN

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, #jeah said:

I just spent WAY TOO LONG finding a small enough image of her to use so sorry for that getty images stamp over the pic lol.

FYI if you don't know you can shrink an image on IDF if you double click on it. It is literally my favorite part of Nu!IDF

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

FYI if you don't know you can shrink an image on IDF if you double click on it. It is literally my favorite part of Nu!IDF

Didn’t know this thanks!

Sad losing Emma Roberts’ Aunt but I have no attachment to her either since I considered cutting her myself/she hasn’t been relevant in awhile.  Was great in Homecoming though!