Actors & Actresses Rankdown 2.0 (Winner Posted)

Steven_

Willem Dafoe

Willem-Dafoe-Northman-Premiere-Arrivals-GettyImages-1392276246-H-2022.jpg?w=1296

Honestly whenever I think of Willem Dafoe I think of that joke from HIMYM where someone said his name sounds like a frog talking to a parrot and that's all I can think of. Willem Dafoe is a weirdo who is game to do almost anything. Love that about him! Who the hell else goes from The Lighthouse to Wes Anderson lmao? Dafoe has four Oscar nominations for Platoon, Shadow of the Vampire, The Florida Project, and At Eternity's Gate. Dafoe should've won for The Florida Project he was brilliant in that movie. He works with a lot of interesting and unique directors such as Lars von Trier, Wes Anderson, and Paul Schrader. A lot of people felt he was one of the highlights of the last Spider-Man movie and I would have to agree. He seems to always be working. Dude was in SIX movies in 2021. He's also got 8 movies coming up that are either filming or in post production. Willem Dafoe is on fire right now so good for him! I just like the remaining three more.

Save Colin Farrell

Robert De Niro

robert-de-niro-1.jpg?w=681&h=383&crop=1

Plot twist! Niecy is the sensible cut here but I just can't do it. Frankly Colin and Niecy were both the sensible cuts here lol, but if everyone's gonna leave these icons laying around well...bad things are gonna happen. What's there to say about De Niro that hasn't been said. One of the greatest living actors. He came onto the scene as Vito in The Godfather Part II and immediately won an Oscar for it. His work with Scorsese specifically is just legendary. Taxi Driver, Raging Bull, The King of Comedy, Goodfellas, The Irishman. These are just some of the greatest and most iconic films to ever be created. Obviously De Niro is very well known for his crime movies. Heat's another one that isn't Scorsese but is still great. And he can also do comedy! Wag the Dog and Meet the Parents are such fun movies and he's so great in them. He earned an Oscar nomination for his performance in Silver Linings Playbook which is a movie I just love! What can't De Niro do? Well he can't play Raineesha Williams in Reno 911! so he must be cut.

Save Niecy Nash lol

Lol believe it or not these are not revenge noms, it was near impossible to find 20 nominees I'm not a big fan of...

Daniel Day-Lewis

Ethan Hawke

Gary Oldman

Hugh Laurie

Ian McKellan

Javier Bardem

Joaquin Phoenix

Morgan Freeman

River Phoenix

Taron Egerton

Alicia Vikander

Anya Taylor-Joy

Imelda Staunton

Helen Mirren

Keri Russell

Maggie Smith

Marion Cotillard

Patricia Arquette

Scarlet Johansson

Tatiana Maslany

Javier Bardem

330px-Premios_Goya_2018_-_Javier_Bardem_

Javier is one of those actors that I know of for only being in one role, that being No Country For Old Men, where he won an Academy Award for Best Supporting  Actor. He's one of the leading Spansh actors that has won accolades for various Spanish movies, Jamón jamón (1992), Boca a boca (1995), Carne trémula (1997), Los lunes al sol (2002), and Mar adentro (2004). He's been in Skyfall and Dune, as well as Vicky Cristina Barcelona. Only seen Dune out of those three and am not sure if I remember his role in it or not. He was certainly a presence on screen in No Country for Old Men and I think I'd enjoy him in his other roles, but out he goes now.

Save: River Phoenix