Actors & Actresses Rankdown 2.0 (Winner Posted)

Steven_

Betty White

betty-white-9609e1509d4842c9b5c5ca6d50f8bcd2.jpg

Is Betty White a bigger tv legend than Alison Brie? Yes. But was Betty White in Mad Men and BoJack Horseman in substantial roles? No. I could cut Anne, but I also like Anne and I'm not gonna switch my cut a third time so Betty it is. Betty White is an icon. As you know, I do love me my legends of the small screen. But y'all already cut Carol Burnett, Mary Tyler Moore, Lucille Ball, etc. so why should Betty stick around :kissbye:? I grew up mainly knowing Betty White from guest starring on like every single game show in the 70's lol. Match Game was my shit, no doubt about that. Charles Nelson Reilly was a gay icon for me! But Betty White is so much more than a game show guest. She's got The Mary Tyler Moore Show and The Golden Girls on her resume. So that alone makes her a legend. She also guest starred in a bunch of fun sitcoms throughout her time on television. And who could forget her scene stealing performance in The Proposal? The world rightfully stopped when Betty White died right before her 100th birthday. She's an icon and a legend forever. But she didn't do Mad Men and BoJack 🙊

Save Kirsten Dunst

• Sad 1

Anne Hathaway

Anne Hathaway Agree GIF by The Hustle Movie

Anne is flawless. Yeah I'll go over her major awards in a second but I have to start with the fact that I haven't disliked her in... anything? I think? I have also enjoyed all her interviews and press stuff as well. She has always come across as a nice genuine person to me and she is also a fantastic actress. If I had to give her any critique it would be that I am very often aware that she is Anne Hathaway in everything she does. I don't necessarily get totally lost in her performances. But honestly that happens a lot with A-lister performances. They are so uber famous and recognizable that it can sometimes take a second to immerse yourself into the specific performance they are giving in any particular movie. Anne isn't really even one of the worse ones that this happens with, but I'm cutting her so I gotta make up something tbh. Anyway, she was nominated for Best Actress for Rachel Getting Married, and then won the oscar for Les Miz. That performance also got her Golden Globe. She also randomly has an Emmy for a guest appearance on The Simpsons in 2010 that I didn't know about lol. Her Les Miz thing is what got her most of her awards, and I thought she was pretty good in it, but overall I really hated what Tom Hooper (and casting/production etc.) did with that whole film so it's not like I'm going to be rewatching it ever.

Save Alison

• Sad 1

RANDOM NOMINATIONS

f2e2ff71-6757-4d0f-83f2-e6e1e0e44788_tex

It's time for the dreaded random nominations round. Here's how it will work:

24 people will be nominated. The rankers will save two and cut two, meaning twelve actors/actresses will be eliminated.

However, each ranker will have immunity picks

Each ranker will send me five names they want immune from the random nominations. They can pick anyone they want, but the catch is that I won't let you know if another ranker picked the same person as you. Therefore, there could be less than 30 people immune if there are repeated picks. So what will you do? Just pick your Top 5 remaining favorites, or pick five names you don't think anyone else will choose? Will you reach out to other rankers, or will you keep your favorites a secret?

Each ranker has 24 hours from now to send me his immunity pick

A date and time for random nominations to be posted will be determined later. I would like feedback from the six rankers to figure out a time that works best for everyone.

If you have any questions, then let me know.

Please send your immunity picks ASAP (ideally in an existing PM thread instead of a new one).

@Alex95 @#jeah @*Chris @FrogLenzen @.Rei @~Tom~

39 minutes ago, Steven_ said:

I just glanced at them on my phone as they’ve come in, but I would’ve noticed before randomizing the noms. 😅

Sent! 

And I'd prefer later tonight for nominations, as I'll have work meetings tomorrow (in the morning especially). A time like 12:30 PM EST could work though.

Nominations have been randomized. There were two repeats, so 28 actors/actresses are immune.

80 names were placed in the randomizer. The Top 12 and Bottom 12 will be the nominees. 

I'll post nominations sometime tomorrow 12:30 PM ET - 1:00 PM ET tomorrow if that's fine with everyone. If you have any objections, then let me know. (!) 

For fun, each ranker can pick one number 13 - 68 to reveal one name safe from the random noms. :lolwave:

@Alex95 @#jeah @*Chris @FrogLenzen @.Rei @~Tom~