Actors & Actresses Rankdown 2.0 (Winner Posted)

Steven_

Carey Mulligan

440px-Carey_Mulligan_-_2018_(45646489364

I think I've only seen a few movies from Carey, let's see. Yep, just five. Never Let Me Go, Shame, The Great Gatsby, Brothers and An Education. Never Let Me Go and Shame are definitely my favorite from those. I think Carey is a very talented actress who I like for what I've seen but I do to get more knowledgeable into her filmography and given the choice between her and Michelle Williams, she really didn't have any chance to survive this cut. There's a bunch of films from her that I do wanna check out: Promising Young Woman, Drive, Inside Llewyn Davis and Wildlife are some that I've been wanting to check for quite some time and they seem to have great reviews. She is no strange to awards shows, having been nominated for two academy awards already as well as Golden Globes and Critics Choices. Sorry to any fans but out she goes.

Saving Michelle Williams

Jenifer Lewis

330px-Jenifer_Lewis.jpg

Sorry to any fans, but Jenifer is the easiest cut on this list for me by far. She is primarily known for playing mothers in movies, giving her the nickname of "Black Mother in Hollywood". She is also known for her lead role as Ruby Johnson on black-ish, for which she received two Critics' Choice Television Award nominations, but I've only seen bits and pieces of it. She has had recurring roles on sitcoms A Different World, The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and Girlfriends, as well as on Strong Medicine. Her movies, however, I haven't seen a lot of except for Cast Away where she had a small role. I'm not a sitcom person and I prefer a certain other black actress that plays mamas on this list, so out she goes.

Save: Hugh Laurie

Edited by ~Tom~
  • Like 1

Debbie Reynolds

debbie-reynolds-dead.jpg

Not me cutting Miss Debbie and Carrie Fisher, oof this game is making me nasty. Singin' in the Rain is one of the greatest movies ever created. I mean that's just objectively a fact. Of course Debbie Reynolds is very well known for playing Kathy in that movie, which made her a star (though Jean Hagen obviously has the best performance in the movie :kissbye:). Her other big starring role was playing Molly Brown in The Unsinkable Molly Brown which earned her an Oscar nomination. Also shoutout to The Singing Nun which my mom loves lol. For a more younger generation, they'd probably know her as Aggie in the Halloweentown movies, though I've never seen them lol. I also love her in the very underrated In & Out which got horrifically robbed in the 1997 game! Debbie Reynolds is of course a legend, but I'm not super familiar with a lot of her work. She died a day after her daughter Carrie Fisher which literally broke me when it happened :broken:. I love her, but unfortunately I had to cut her.

Save Regina Hall

2fc83256767d8117015c60f9b26cd588.gif

If this rankdown was based on one person's look, I would have saved Gael García Bernal in a heartbeat but as this is an acting one, I unfortunately have to cut him as he's one of the remaining actor that I am the least familiar with, especially out of those nominated.   A Mexican actor, he has appeared in many films such as Bad Education, Motorcycle Diaries, Amores perros, Y tu mamá también as well as Babel and Coco - those are the only two films of his that I've seen. In term of television, he has been in a MCU special called Werewolf by Night so you know that I've never seen it, and he's also had a major role in Mozart in the Jungle on Prime which I've heard of but never seen, and he won a Golden Globe for this role. Furthermore, he's seen as one of the top Mexican actors of our generation, as well as one of the most influential people by Time as well as NYT 25 Greatest Actors of the 21st Century.  I'm sure he's an excellent actor but unfortunately, as mentioned, I am not familiar with him which certainly played a role in my decision of cutting him. 

SAVING: CLORIS LEACHMAN

Cicely Tyson

440px-Cicely_Tyson_1973_(cropped).jpg

Cicely Tyson is obviously a legendary actress who had a long lasting career of almost seven decades. During her career Cicely collected many awards thanks to her phenomenal work. Three Emmys, a SAG, a Tony, one Honorary Academy Award and one Peabody, as well as nominations for the Oscars, Golden Globes and Bafta. I'm sure all the awards and nominations were very deserved. I don't however have a strong connection with Cicely as I haven't watched much of her work, in fact, I think the first time I saw her was as Annalise's mom on How to get away with murder where she was brilliant. Some of her other memorable roles were The Heart Is A Lonely Hunter, Sounder, The Autobiography Of Miss Jane Pittman, Roots, A Woman Called Moses, Fried Green Tomatoes, A Lesson Before Dying, Because of Winn-Dixie, Diary of a Black Mad Woman, The Help, The Trip to Bountiful, Last Flag Flying and A Fall From Grace. A fun fact is that Cicely received the Presidential Medal of Freedom on 2016 which is the highest civilian honour in the US. Cicely sadly passed away almost two years ago at the age of 96 but she left a great legacy behind.

Saving Woody Harrelson

• Sad 1

Sir Phililp Anthony Hopkins CBE

Hannibal Lecter Horror GIF

Another British legend. Appointed as a CBE in '87 and then knighted by Queen Elizabeth II in '93. He has been nominated for 6 Academy Awards, and won twice. Obviously we all know that he won Best Actor for Silence of the Lambs, which is crazy because 1) it is a horror movie and 2) he had like 2 scenes in the whole movie and was still considered a lead actor. This guy won Best Actor again in 2020 for The Father even though everyone thought the award might go posthumously to Chadwick. The Golden Globes were so embarrassed to not give Anthony an award over the years that they gave him the Cecil B. Demille award in 2006. He's also got a couple Emmys, 4 BAFTAs, and an Olivier Award. The guy is a behemoth and legend in the acting world

Save Raffi