Actors & Actresses Rankdown 2.0 (Winner Posted)

Steven_

Matthew Rhys

Matthew Rhys.jpg

Alex and I meticulously planned this nomination list over our secret group chat so I'm very curious as to how this will play out. You know Matthew from the TV show The Americans. He won the Emmy for Outstanding Lead Drama Actor in 2018, after being nominated twice before that. He also got the Critic's Choice award for the same role in 2019 after being nominated 4 times before that. He's been nominated for Golden Globes for that role as well. I have not seen The Americans. But I assume it's decent. He's now doing Perry Mason on HBO, which I need to watch since it's about lawyering. Idk if it is a remake or a reboot or a reimagining of the original Perry Mason show... I'll find out one day.

Save Ethan Hawke

• Sad 2

Gillian Anderson

The Official Gillian Anderson Website

Nothing against her at all, I'm just not personally super familiar with her work so this is a really easy cut for me out of this list (love most of these names). Gillian Anderson is an American actress who is well known for her roles in X-Files, The House of Mirth, The Fall, Sex Education, and more. She's recently known for her work in The Crown as Margaret Thatcher. An Emmy award winner, SAG award winner, and Golden Globe winner, Gillian is well decorated and has done a lot in the film and TV world. It feels like she's more on the side of TV though (nothing wrong with that). Gillian is a force to be reckoned with but out she goes from this rankdown now, unfortunately.

Save: Scarlett Johansson

Gary Oldman

330px-Gary_Oldman_(13925515511)_(cropped

I don't like cutting Gary Oldman because his role as Sirius Black in the Harry Potter films was excellent, particular in Prisoner of Azkaban, but alas that's the way it goes in this set of nomnations. He also played Ludwig van Beethoven in Immortal Beloved (1994), which I liked but Amadeus will always be the best composer autobiographical film, and he's also well-known as James Gordon in The Dark Knight Trilogy and in Dracula. He's also been in The Firm though I don't remember him there. He's clearly hd a long career and is a member of the "Brit Pack" but out of these nominations he is my unfortunate casualty. 

Save: River Phoenix

Orphan Black Thank You GIF by Emmys

It’s always nice having to cut some of your favourites twice in a row 🙂… Some of you will owe for not cutting your favourites…  Since I already had a writeup done for Tatiana, this is east but it still hurts having to cut her 🙂

Here’s the edited writeup I did for her when she reached the Top 20, last time

Despite having a small filmography compare to some of the individual in this rankdown - actually this don’t mean anything because there’s some actors in this still that are also known for one role only or barely been in anything but I digress… Anyway, as I was saying,  Tatiana Maslany managed to make a name for herself in this industry after many years of being a struggling actress in Canada by appearing in some Canadian made show like Heartland and Being Erica as well as The Nativity. However, it was following her appearance in Canadian made science fiction series, Orphan Black, that people started to take notice of Tatiana; the series quickly became one of my favourites show due to its incredible cast and Tatiana Maslany’s acting in which she portrayed over 10 characters. Each character are distinct from each other whether to their accent to their mannerism to their personality; my favourite portrayal of hers are the HBIC Rachel Duncan, the Ukrainian Helena and the beloved soccer mom, drug dealer, murderer and the Queen of the Clone club Alison Hendrix – these are just a few of her excellent portrayal but I do think that bother Cosima and Sarah Manning deserves a shout-out; I feel like Tatiana is Sarah Manning after all these years watching the show. But it is truly her portrayal of Helena and Alison that makes her an amazing actress, in my opinion… Considering she won the Emmy award for her many portrayals, there’s no denying that she is one of the most talented actresses in the business, at the moment.

While she is notably known for her role in Orphan Black, she has also appeared in a few movies such as The Vow, Picture Day, Woman in Gold, Stronger in which she was brilliant and should have been nominated for a Golden Globe & Academy Award or just some kind of recognition, to be honest. And she has appeared alongside Nicole Kidman in Destroyer, as well as Perry Mason with Matthew Rhys who was also robbed this round.

And not only is she a talented actress on both the small and big screen, she has also appeared on Broadway, and most recently she appeared in She Hulk which was enough to convince me to watch a Marvel series #shook.

Tatiana Maslany has shown that she’s more than just a name within the Clone Club and keep scoring a variety of roles. In my opinion,  if you can portray so many characters flawlessly, you are without a doubt a brilliant actress and one of the best in the industry. Originally I ended my writeup with thanking everyone who helped me to get her to the Top 20 but clearly that’s not the case this time around and we shall see what happens from here on out. 

SAVING: MARION COTILLARD

Helen Mirren

When I get home I will make this prettier. But I know I have to rush otherwise my choice will be cut. I’m walking home and it’s freezing, my hands are very cold. But  an online game is more important than my hands dying of hipothermla. While I’m walking I’m also thinking on what I should make myself for dinner.. decisions decisions!!! But enough about me, this is about Helen. Legendary actress! Oscar winner! British icon! The queen! Still giving great performances after such an incredible career! This write-up won’t do you justice Helen and neither will be the one I make later when I’m home all warm and cozy. But I love you Helen, please know that!

save Hugh Laurie

• Haha 2