Reality Champion Rankdown

Solaris

9 minutes ago, taylorkat said:

*stops at VJ and stares* 

It will be a while before I read anything. 🤣

GIGI. :dead: 🤣

7 minutes ago, *Lily said:

Tyra Sanchez - the Azealia Banks of drag :wub: Problematic as hell but I will always secretly stan!

Same. 🙈

6 minutes ago, *Lily said:

Lol was also thinking of cutting Steve Brookstein. Not only a boring winner but super unlikeable!

Lmaoo yeah, I was wondering if you or Zoey had considered cutting him as I thought of it for a few days now. I figured you two would do a better dragging for him. But decided to do it. :haha: Agreed with your last sentence.

jourdan.png

Jourdan Miller

I’m going to continue the theme of cutting models with shitty attitudes and cut Jourdan here. Jourdan Miller was the winner of the twentieth cycle of America’s Next Top Model. Jourdan never had a positive attitude. Jourdan was never happy, period. Her edit revolved around her being divorced at a young age and overcoming that. A male cast member became close to her but she became a complete bitch when it became common knowledge in the model house and people began talking about it. I don’t believe Jourdan was the strongest model that cycle and I don’t think she was a role model for girls to look up to. I would’ve loved to have seen Jiana, Marvin or Renee win over her because they were more personable and stronger in photos. 

CHAYCE BECKHAM

0x0.jpg?format=jpg&crop=3705,2086,x0,y43

On a season that had Cassandra Coleman, Casey Bishop, Hunter Metts, Grace Kinstler, Ava August, Anilee List & Willie Spence, CHAYCE BECKHAM ENDS UP WINNING? PLEASE. The cat ladies are at it again desperately voting for any white man they see on screen with 25% the talent of the rest of the cast. 

Anyway, Chayce is the winner of the 19th season of American Idol and he is without a doubt, my least liked winner, ever. Chayce was someone I had viewed as fodder heading to the Lives, so it was a complete surprise to see how well he was doing but then again the voting audience eat this type up, WGWG. He was a very subpar singer and the only performance of his that I actually enjoyed was "Afterglow" and to a lesser extent, "Colder Weather" was nice. But, yeah. Casey, Grace & Willie should've been the final 3 to avoid this mess but hey a Chayce win is better than a Caleb KKKennedy win I guess!

46 minutes ago, Solaris said:

"stronger in photos"

Jourdan had 6 FCO before her win and legit earned 5 of them.  :haha:  I'll give you the likability issue, I can see that being a sticking point.

Yeah I agree with all of this. Even though she was my favorite, I can totally get how Jourdan wasn't viewed as likable and the like. But yeah she was surely a strong model. :yes: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Solaris said:

"stronger in photos"

Jourdan had 6 FCO before her win and legit earned 5 of them.  :haha:  I'll give you the likability issue, I can see that being a sticking point.

I forget that we all agree with Tyra’s orders every cycle. :duh:

1 hour ago, FrogLenzen said:

And no mention of Cory, smh. Meanwhile Starvin' Marvin had a better attitude and would be a good role model? lololol k. His soundbite about his dad being a janitor was at least as annoying as Jourdan's about her divorce

I didn’t take any of the men seriously and don’t really remember any so I’m not really bothered about how annoying they were. :teeheewave:

Shin Lim (The Champions 1)

americas-got-talent-2-a55fe158db464c83bf

Liang-Shun Lim, known as Shin Lim, is a magician recognized for his use of card manipulation and sleight of hand. He is known for elaborate close-up card routines. He remains silent with the tricks set to music. He is self-taught. He learned how to play the piano, but carpal tunnel syndrome stopped him from doing that, so that is when he decided to take up magic instead. There were at least two other contestants that I wanted to win that season, so I was very disappointed. I don't have any issues with him, but I don't think he needs to be on the list multiple times.  I reserve that for other players from other shows.

3 minutes ago, Solaris said:

Not Shin Lim T_T, at least he has 2 entries

Ahh yeah, exactly.

I do really like Shin Lim, but if one of his two entries had to go, I'm good with it being The Champions entry - as I didn't really watch that season. :ph34rwave: I know him best from his original season. 

Sharon Needles

MV5BNzg3NDM1NDIxNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODMyNzA0Nw@@._V1_.jpg

I don't know how I missed this cut previously which is frustrating because I would have tried to get Sharon to be the lowest ranking Drag Race winner as she deserved. Sharon Needles appeared on Season 4 of RuPaul's Drag Race. She is one of just a few queens from the main series who has won four challenges in one season, so she was pretty dominant and at the time a very popular winner. Her post Drag Race career has been ugly however. Tainted with her being called out for racist behaviour and abuse allegations towards minors. I feel like I don't hear much about her any more which is promising but looking at her Instagram she's still very active and also close with a lot of the queens from the show too which is... disappointing. Overall just a trash person and easy cut.

• Like 1

Sharon was a true trailblazer and innovator for the drag race format (not for drag in general, but for what the TV show was willing to cast/depict/celebrate). She broke the mold of the show and made it better. And then she used her success to do... all of that. bye

• Like 3

I really like Sharon on her season (think she was my 2nd favorite of her season) so yeah it was disappointing learning all of the post-show stuff she did/was apart of. :( :closedeyes: I was kinda thinking she would have been the first Drag Race winner out too.

chrissurvivor.jpg

Chris Daugherty

The worst castaway to ever win Survivor. Chris was brash and classless, and he almost got voted out at the start, like he deserved, but managed to squeak by and win the game, because the older men couldn't deal with the young men banding together, and then the women tore each other apart and allowed him to float to the end. Chris embraced all the ugly parts of himself, and threw them at people. He basically got to the end by being the biggest a**hole, and they all hailed him for it. It wasn't as if his season was full of champions, but still, they could have found a better winner among them.

3 hours ago, FrogLenzen said:

Sharon was a true trailblazer and innovator for the drag race format (not for drag in general, but for what the TV show was willing to cast/depict/celebrate). She broke the mold of the show and made it better. And then she used her success to do... all of that. bye

At least Sharon's rise also made it possible for Dragulas to be another drag competition! 

2 hours ago, FrogLenzen said:

Also without Sharon, the TV show Dragula might not have ever gotten off the ground. 

Just now, *Chris said:

At least Sharon's rise also made it possible for Dragulas to be another drag competition! 

This is what I get for not reading all the posts :dead: 

• Haha 1

MICHELLE TRIBBLE

51c7f026d86acd0f36a7b2bae36eb37d.jpg

I decided to cut someone I don't know this time. I did a Google search of "worst Hell's Kitchen winner." I ended up on the Hell's Kitchen subreddit, and the posters there seem to agree that Season 17 winner Michelle Tribble is the worst. Michelle Tribble first competed on Season 14, where she placed third. She returned for an All-Star season, which she ended up winning. Her win was considered unpopular among the fan base. She apparently was very inconsistent. She was lackluster in services and leadership, and her finale performance was very poor too. She seems to be good at challenges, but the posters there claim that winners of other seasons were much better in challenges too. Fans also thought the other Season 17 finalists were more deserving to win, and they claim Chef Ramsey chose her to win based on potential and nothing else. Michelle's win seems to be so unpopular that some Hell's Kitchen fans are exasperated with the constant posts complaining about Michelle. Anyway, thank you to the Hell's Kitchen subreddit for the insights. Out Michelle goes from the rankdown.

Dave & Connor

rs_600x600-140518202009-600.The-Amazing-Race-Dave-Connor.jl.051814.jpg?fit=around%7C1200:1200&output-quality=90&crop=1200:1200;center,top

Despite no longer being able to give the worst TAR winners the bottom placement of TAR rankings, my strategy has not changed to jump to another show and take them out next. You may glance at the picture and assume they're just some sweet father and son but I can assure you that is further from the truth. Dave & Connor (specifically Dave, the father) are demons. Dave & Connor were on S22 of TAR. I'll fast forward through it since it's not their winning season and they were barely around. They both survived cancer, Dave ruptured his achilles tendon, they attempted to keep racing, they couldn't, they quit. I wouldn't consider myself a fan as I found them annoying and I was bothered that they robbed Pam & Winnie of a rightful leg win when Dave was just gonna quit three seconds later, but they were hardly bottom of the barrel racers.

I was not surprised to see them return for 24 based on the way they went out. Dave & Connor had every inspirational story under the sun and they were the frontrunners who had to quit due to factors out of their control. Another Unfinished Business season would’ve been a much more appropriate theme for them to return than All-Stars, but I’m not gonna nitpick. I was hardly excited for them going into the season, but the cast consisted of some of my least favorite teams of all-time so I wasn't focused on hating Dave & Connor. For the first half of the season, they delivered pretty much exactly what I expected. A bunch of boring diatribes about Dave’s achilles and how they survived cancer. Look, I don’t want to minimize what they’ve gone through in life and what they’ve accomplished. That’s amazing for them how they’ve overcome so much adversity! However, it doesn’t make for the most compelling television when it’s literally their only storyline and they’re not even somewhat interesting or entertaining outside of that. I never imagined Dave & Connor would be the team to produce any sort of conflict...until they do.
Dave first annoys me in Sri Lanka when he’s racing Jessica & John to the pitstop and he sarcastically goes “Congrats, you beat an old man guys :rolleyes:”. Uhh, isn’t it a race? Are they supposed to just let Dave win because he’s old? That annoyed me but I wasn’t gonna harp on it too much. Then we get to the U-Turn. Brendon & Rachel are racing Dave & Connor for first place so they decide to U-Turn Dave & Connor so they could secure the first place leg prize. Personally, I wouldn’t use a U-Turn in first place, but it’s the game. Anyone’s allowed to use the U-Turn for whatever reason they’d like. Dave & Connor were so vile when they got U-Turned. Dave & Connor running around screaming “WE HATE THE BRENCHEL’S!!!!!!” is just so immature. And Dave’s defense is that they shouldn’t U-Turn him because he’s old?? They had already won two legs before this point and they were on track to potentially beat Brenchel on this leg! Brenchel was 15,000 dollars richer for making that decision so I don’t blame them. And then, like the immature child that Dave is, he resorts to making fun of Rachel’s looks and just needlessly attacking them on a personal level. I expected a lot better from Dave and I was extremely shocked and disgusted by his behavior.
Look, maybe I’m a hypocrite. I stan teams who are babies when they get U-Turned or Yielded sometimes. I get the emotional reaction they may have in the moment. But it didn’t end there. It continued the next leg, and the next one too. The rest of Dave & Connor’s race was spent bitching about how inappropriate it was for Brendon & Rachel to U-Turn them and how they showed their true colors. Dave & Connor and Caroline & Jennifer spending the whole train ride to Switzerland making fun of Rachel is just so immature. They formed a whole ass alliance just to get rid of them! It wasn’t strategic at all! It was solely because Brenchel had the AUDACITY to make old man Dave do two detours.
Dave & Connor’s win disgusts me for many reasons. I don’t even want to get into how horrible that final leg was and how no skill or knowledge was required, just luck. But what’s worse is how they broke the roadblock rule. Since TAR 6, every team had to have both members of the team do an equal number of roadblocks (excluding the family edition). Of course, it didn’t have to be perfectly even since there could be an odd number of roadblocks, something like 7-6 was okay. But it had to be close like that. Dave got away with doing 5 roadblocks somehow. And the only reason he did that final roadblock (which was simply skydiving) was because Connor did the first roadblock that leg and Dave had to do the other one. It should’ve been 7-6, but instead it was 8-5. It’s only a roadblock difference so maybe it’s not a big deal, but it was to me :dead:. Excluding that final roadblock Dave was forced to do, Connor did all of the final five. Dave was shamelessly riding Connor’s coattails and doing none of the work. And Dave can’t complain about being “too old” to do the roadblocks. One of them was shaving a f*cking balloon and another one was doing calligraphy (GOD TAR 24 was awful, how do you send "All-Stars" around the world and have them literally put shaving cream on a balloon and shave it?????). I’m confident Dave is capable of doing both of those tasks. And if he truly is too old to do anything, then he shouldn’t have done the damn show twice.
Dave & Connor are my least favorite winners in the history of the show and just one of my least favorite teams ever. Their morph from personalityless bores to vile cretins is awful, and they actively contributed to 24 being the worst season in the franchise.

• Like 1