Reality Champion Rankdown

Solaris

Oooh right, I did watch that season of Celebrity Apprentice with all of those names. :dead: 🤣 Definitely some icons on that list - and that Nene/Star moment. :dead: 

Ah the thing I most remember about John Rich was that he had a fun and unexpected friendship with Lil' Jon. :haha: I liked that about him. I hadn't kept up with him after his win but reading his updates, I'm glad I didn't.

Bret Michaels

From first to worst: The Poison frontman, who turns 50 next week, was the first to be fired from the NBC reality competition on Sunday

Bret was very obviously trying to get fired, but his plan was foiled, due to the lack of competition on his season. I think Mr. Trump had different plans, but after Cyndi Lauper metaphorically threw up the chessboard, Sharon Osborne made it clear she wasn't interested, and Holly Robinson Peete turned out to be a pussycat instead of the tough businesswoman she presented throughout the interview, the Donald had no choice but to award the win to Bret Michaels. the point of his unsuitability for the role was driven home when he was the first one fired from All-Stars (he was the only winner who reappeared.) I thought he was a jackass, and every bit as unsavory as John Rich, so let's send them out as a pair.

1 hour ago, Qorey said:

Oh you. 😄  I had a few castaways I wanted to send out before Ben.  I agree though, that he had one of the easier wins.

Oooh really? Lmao I'm curious and worried who those may be. :haha: Mhmm, he did!

4 minutes ago, Solaris said:

Think I am heading to Australia for my next cut!

Uh oh... I wonder which show you're thinking of. :shiver: 😮 

Altiyan Childs

The X Factor winner Altiyan Childs, 45, resurfaces after a decade | Daily  Mail Online

Altiyan Child won season 2 of The X-Factor Australia.  It was the first season on the new network with a complete revamp after the first one failed so miserably five years earlier. The show had new life and a great judging panel including Natalie Imbruglia, Guy Sebastian and Ronan Keating.  Kyle Sanderlands was also there, but whocurs.  The female talent that season was crazy good with Hayley Teal, Sally Chatfield, India Rose Madderom, Amanda Grafanakis and Mahogany (an all female girl group).  The season was going great with the majority of these acts in the Top 7.  Then for some reason people started to back bad rocker Altiyan.  Maybe it was the rebel image, or that the voting public hate women.  Anyway he won in the Top 2 against Sally (robbed) and he never landed in the bottom 2, even though he deserved to on several occasions.  I don't really want to talk about any of his performances becuase I don't remember them.

He was clearly disliked by the the judges and production as after his win he was erased from existence.  His mentor Ronan never acknowledged him again.  In fact the next time Ronan won he said he had been waiting 4-5 year to win the show for the first time. So shady! :haha: Rumor has it Altiyan was a trouble maker and was found guilty in 2012 of having meth in his system while driving.  He was dropped slightly after that and signed with an independent label.

WIki says he doesn't do music anymore and instead does like Christianity conversion now with his wife or something.  

0_cameron-2.jpg
Cameron Stout

Cameron Stout was the winner of the fourth series of Big Brother UK. The first three series were ICONIC. It was some of the best television of that era and then there was series four. It just kind of… existed? The entire series was just vanilla. It was some of the most dull television that I’ve ever had to watch. I don’t think they could’ve cast a more boring group of people if they tried and so we ended up with Cameron winning. Cameron was sent on an exchange trip to Big Brother Africa and swapped places with Gaetano for a week. I can’t even think of anything else he contributed to the series. He was that boring. Any one could’ve won that series and I’d still be cutting them. The absolute worst series and winner ever.

Altiyan Childs is a fair cut and someone I was hoping to be the first cut from The X Factor Australia, so good work there, Sola! :yes:

I don't dislike Altiyan as much as most people do on here, but his win was really disappointed considering all of the really strong female talent who dominated that season. But we know to expect that on these shows. :closedeyes:

rachel-frederickson-300-1-482a7987db894cI

It's actually surprisingly that there's still a good number of winners from Biggest Losers that are still in - I absolutely have no time or place for Biggest Loser, which in my mind, is one of the most problematic reality TV show for many reasons.  So I will be eliminating all of them - one by one - the cut is certainly not a reflection of the contestants themselves but rather the nature of the show & the way they go about to making the contestants losing weight especially the fact that there's a ~*money*~ prize at the end, and not the resources that the contestants required to either gain / lose weight in a healthy way.  

Rachel Frederickson competed on the 15th season - it was also known as Second Chances 2 - and it aired in 2013.  She ended up winning the grand prize of $250,000 after losing a total of 155 lbs to weight 105 lbs at the finale.  Her weight lost which equaled a lost of 59% and it raised concerns as to wether the show & Rachel went too far with her weight lost as she was actually underweighted. She would later put on some weight again which she admitted that it was a good thing and needed ; I think it's the perfect example to not shame people on their weight.

Edited by *Chris
  • Like 3

Just now, FrogLenzen said:

I can't believe Chris robbed me of my chance to do the Rachel write-up... the only reason I added this show to the game... smh

do a bonus write up, ill add it!

5 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

I can't believe Chris robbed me of my chance to do the Rachel write-up... the only reason I added this show to the game... smh

Well you were slacking on cutting her and other contestants ! 

I have been wanting to cut some people from The Biggest Loser but I never watched that show and didn't know who to cut from it. :dead: But if you all got any suggestions of who should go soon, let me know. :haha: 

Although if Chris has those covered as cuts then that's good too. :haha: 

But oh wow, I do kinda remember Rachel or hearing about her. I remember seeing that magazine cover. 😮 

Paul Zerdin

R.7adf218818644af6cb5ef7d7097211a7?rik=1

Paul Zerdin is a comedian and ventriloquist from London. He was the winner of the 10th season of America's Got Talent. When he was 10, he put on puppet shows. He got a job at a magic shop after failing his GCSEs. He made his television debut on the show Tricky Business. He presented the Disney program Rise and Shine. Paul was the first winner of The Big Big Talent Show. Nigel Lythgoe took him under his wing, which helped him secure appearances on other television shows. He had a headline show in Las Vegas called Mouthing Off, but it lasted only four months due to low attendance. Paul competed on both America's Got Talent: The Champions and Britain's Got Talent: The Champions, but failed to make the finals of both.

Hmmm I can't seem to remember Paul Zerdin. I was looking over someone I wasn't familiar with to cut from AGT the other day, but I guess I overlooked him. :yes: Fine with his cut though.

Rachel Frederickson (The Biggest Loser: Season 15)

Biggest Loser Winner Rachel Frederickson: Did She Go Too Far?

Rachel Frederickson ended The Biggest Loser. This was season 15, the year was 2013, so we had come a long way from season 1. The show is basically fat-shaming presented as emotional sob-stories. They find overweight people with trauma, make them talk about it on television, tell them that they are fat because they are bad people and/or have issues, and then force them to work out until they lose weight so you can turn around and tell them how inspirational they are. But by season 15 the veneer of the show was definitely fading. Past contestants gained weight back and spoke ill of the show. There was controversy about trainer Jillian Michaels giving her contestants caffeine pills to lose weight. The resident "doctor" on the show mostly just emotionally abused them and told them they were going to die. The trainers thought they were profound psychologists with the way they spoke to the contestants and used training as faux-therapy. There was controversy about how the show pretended that working out was the only way to lose weight, when 80% of the work was change in diet that was barely ever shown on TV. Contestants eat a bunch of food and try to gain as much weight as possible when they first get cast on the show before their first weigh-in. Before the finale, contestants dehydrate themselves as much as possible to weigh as little as possible for the final weigh-in. "Fatphobia" was not yet a common term but we were getting there. 

But still, this was all wrapped up in a fun reality TV format that we love. There were challenges, voting people off, strategy. And at the end of it, they showed the progress that the contestants made. How could it be bad when the contestants lose weight and look so happy! We all know that reality shows are filmed far in advance of when they are shown on TV. So when a contestant is voted off the show, they insert a "where are they now" segment that shows the contestant with a couple more months of progress. So every episode ends with a little glimmer of hope and a happy ending (usually) for a contestant. Then when they get to the Top 3, they all go home from the show for like 3 months and come back for the live finale. So the trainers and other contestants don't get to see your progress for the last 3 or so months. You do all the work at home. The finale is usually a fun time to see everyones' progress, including progress of eliminated contestants who have also had a few extra months to lose weight. The eliminated contestant with the highest percentage of weight loss wins a prize.

So here we are in Season 15. Rachel, David, and Bobby make the Top 3. Women have a harder time winning this show, but Rachel was getting the frontrunner edit the whole season. She was determined, very competitive, and she had a good backstory about wanting to get back in shape. But when women are up against men who started at 350-400 pounds, it's just harder to physically be able to match their numbers at the end of the day. David and Bobby are revealed first, and they weigh themselves. David is in the lead: he started at 409 pounds and his final weight at the finale was 187. He lost 54.28% of his bodyweight. That is a massive number. That is a winning number. Only two past winners in the history of the show had ever lost a higher percentage than that. There was no way Rachel would be able to beat it! Well, then it was time for Rachel to reveal herself.

Jillian Michaels: Biggest Loser Winner Lost Too Much Weight - E! Online

This moment will go down in reality TV history. Time stood still. People gasped across the country. Sirens and helicopters in the distance. The Wilhelm scream. But for real, I can't explain to you guys how INSANE it was to see this live. My household was shooketh. The trainers were shooketh. The studio audience there didn't know whether to cheer or stand in silence. Everyone involved in the show, including the viewers, was forced to look at what they had created and contributed to. LOOK WHAT YOU DID, AMERICA. LOOK AT IT. What would normally be a fun happy inspiring moment was instead... something else. We've been rooting for people to lose weight this whole time! Telling them that they were not good enough! Now what do you want to say??? Do you have another comment you want to make about this woman's body now????? IS THIS NOT WHAT YOU WANTED????????? ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?????????????

The host congratulated Rachel on how she looked. The host told Rachel how much her competitors had lost. The host told Rachel how many pounds she would need to have lost in order to win. Rachel smiles. Unfazed. She already knows how much she weighs, of course. She just has to step on the scale and prove it. She stumbles up to the podium, very likely delirious from being extremely dehydrated. She lost a MASSIVE 59.6% of her total bodyweight. The highest percentage from any contestant, woman or man, in the history of the show. She wins easily. 

The Biggest Loser' Champ Rachel Frederickson and the Spectacle of Health

The show never recovered from this. The news articles. The tabloids. Trainer Jillian Michaels quits the show permanently. They try to switch up the format in the coming seasons, but the damage was done. Eventually the host leaves the show. There are YEARS delay between the new seasons. The final season (presumably) was Season 18 in 2020. 

Rachel Frederickson, Biggest Loser Winner, at Perfect Weight

Rachel showcased a new bodyweight a bit later, and appears to be happy and healthy. She did what she had to do to win $250,000. And in doing so, she held up a mirror to this extremely problematic TV show. She walked away into the sunset while the show burned to the ground.

• Like 5

Michelle Aguilar (The Biggest Loser: Season 6)

Photos from The Biggest Loser's Most Shocking Weight-Loss Transformations -  E! Online

Okay I already did a long write-up today so let's just knock out another Biggest Loser winner real quick. Michelle was the second woman to win the title after Ali won in Season 5. She started at 242 pounds and ended the season at 132 pounds. That total weight loss percentage was 45.45%, which is a bit low for a winner of this show but enough to beat her competition. Michelle was very good all season and her personality was pleasant. But her run was fairly dull. She was pretty. She was nice. She was on Jillian's team. Her color was pink, and her partner was her mother. She got a pretty strong winner edit. A satisfying winner at the time, but not the most interesting or memorable journey to get there. She wasn't the first woman to win so she's slightly less iconic

Kevin Sbraga

kevin_sbraga_getty.0.jpg

I don't think I made a Top Chef cut yet but I have decided to change that. I used my trusted google search of the worst Top Chef winners and who people were most disappointed to see win. I see a lot of posts regarding Kevin Sbraga on that, so I have decided to make him my cut tonight. Kevin Sbraga is the winner of Top Chef: D.C., which is the 7th season of the Top Chef franchise. Now this isn't a show I watched or have any interest in watching.... and I don't know anyone else who does? Well maybe Derek does, I think? I see that Kevin won his entire season despite only winning one challenge. So he seemed like a total underdog compared to most of the other chefs. I don't know if his win was deserved or not but I'm reading and it sounds like it wasn't. It sounds like Angelo Sosa and Ed Cotton would have been the more deserving winners. Kevin did receive the $125,000 prize money for winning the season in September 2010, so congrats to Kevin on that!

• Solaris changed the title to Reality Champion Rankdown