Reality Champion Rankdown

Solaris

Josh Martinez Clears Up the Rumors About Why Hes Not Big Brother All Stars

Josh Martinez:
I had a Survivor writeup prepared for my next cut, but everyone is doing Big Brother today, and I have an unwelcome houseguest I really want to evict while we're still in the bottom ranks. Josh Martinez was the loudest, most obnoxious Big Brother winner outside of Dick Donato. Most villains are evil because they have some kind of strategy to thwart their more deserving rivals, but Josh was too dumb for that, and managed to villify himself simply by being a menace to those around him. Few of the houseguests in Josh's season were very likable people, but Josh was at the bottom of my list from the first week onwards, and it pissed me off peeved me ever so much when he won the game.

Edited by Qorey
  • Like 3

IMG_4009.jpeg

tyra-sanchez-dragcon-1.png

At this point, I don't feel really comfortable making cuts of contestants that I am not familiar with, but if you have a list of people you want to get cut, feel free to provide with said list! With that being said, my next cut is Tyra Sanchez / James Ross who ended-up winning the Season 2 of RuPaul's Drag Race - easily one of my least favourite winner of the franchise due to their post-RPDR behaviour which will be discussed in details.  On Season 2, Tyra Sanchez / James Ross showed that she was one of the most polished queen of the season but also that she could be one of the nastiest one - in the words of the iconic Tatianna, "Um, I don't think you're seeing that Tyra / James is a complete bitch".  On said season, Tyra / James was definitely one of the favourite of RuPaul - many people have said that, in the earlier season, Ru would award the queen that fits her definition of drag or the queen that she sees herself in, and there some kind of favouritism there which Ru always shows but sometime it's more obvious and frustrating than other times. 

Since winning, Tyra Sanchez / James Ross knew how to get themselves in trouble, especially after a few years of winning when they weren't as active in the business as they used to. The first incidence came when they told someone on Twitter to go kill themselves - while I understand that Twitter is toxic, and the individual in question wasn't innocent either, saying to someone to go kill themselves ain't the way to go. Even worst was the fact that she went on to call victims of suicide selfish, and even had Ru defended Tyra's / James' attitude on the platform.  

She then pretended that Morgan McMichaels, a fellow contestant on S2, had passed away which led to her single. All of this led to drama between to the two queens and other queens from the franchise - phone numbers were being leaked, and Tyra / James eventually lost out on some booking gig.  But the situation that I believe led the fandom to officially be done with Tyra / James was during the RuPaul's Drag Con in 2018 where she was accused of making terrorist threat to the event itself which led to Tyra / James  also being ban from the event & an investigation was happening. 

As of late, Tyra Sanchez has retired from doing drag and performing where they are simply known as James Ross. I certainly understand his reasoning behind the decision as I do agree with him that he was treated unfairly by the production and fanbase post-drag race considering the limited amount of opportunities he received as a winner of the franchise. 

All I hope is that James is in a better place in his personal and professional life.

• Like 4

Right now I'm personally too excited to talk about some of these winners to be worried about some show I've never seen. But once we get into the 500-300 range I'm sure I'll start thinking differently

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, *Chris said:

IMG_4009.jpeg

tyra-sanchez-dragcon-1.png

At this point, I don't feel really comfortable making cuts of contestants that I am not familiar with, but if you have a list of people you want to get cut, feel free to provide with said list! With that being said, my next cut is Tyra Sanchez / James Ross who ended-up winning the Season 2 of RuPaul's Drag Race - easily one of my least favourite winner of the franchise due to their post-RPDR behaviour which will be discussed in details.  On Season 2, Tyra Sanchez / James Ross showed that she was one of the most polished queen of the season but also that she could be one of the nastiest one - in the words of the iconic Tatianna, "Um, I don't think you're seeing that Tyra / James is a complete bitch".  On said season, Tyra / James was definitely one of the favourite of RuPaul - many people have said that, in the earlier season, Ru would award the queen that fits her definition of drag or the queen that she sees herself in, and there some kind of favouritism there which Ru always shows but sometime it's more obvious and frustrating than other times. 

Since winning, Tyra Sanchez / James Ross knew how to get themselves in trouble, especially after a few years of winning when they weren't as active in the business as they used to. The first incidence came when they told someone on Twitter to go kill themselves - while I understand that Twitter is toxic, and the individual in question wasn't innocent either, saying to someone to go kill themselves ain't the way to go. Even worst was the fact that she went on to call victims of suicide selfish, and even had Ru defended Tyra's / James' attitude on the platform.  

She then pretended that Morgan McMichaels, a fellow contestant on S2, had passed away which led to her single. All of this led to drama between to the two queens and other queens from the franchise - phone numbers were being leaked, and Tyra / James eventually lost out on some booking gig.  But the situation that I believe led the fandom to officially be done with Tyra / James was during the RuPaul's Drag Con in 2018 where she was accused of making terrorist threat to the event itself which led to Tyra / James  also being ban from the event & an investigation was happening. 

As of late, Tyra Sanchez has retired from doing drag and performing where they are simply known as James Ross. I certainly understand his reasoning behind the decision as I do agree with him that he was treated unfairly by the production and fanbase post-drag race considering the limited amount of opportunities he received as a winner of the franchise. 

All I hope is that James is in a better place in his personal and professional life.

@*Wallaceis seething

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, *Chris said:

She then pretended that Morgan McMichaels, a fellow contestant on S2, had passed away which led to her single. All of this led to drama between to the two queens and other queens from the franchise - phone numbers were being leaked, and Tyra / James eventually lost out on some booking gig. 

tumblr_inline_obitv58HD71qzduoq_250.gifv

Counterpoint, this is actually iconic.

• Haha 1

Keith Carlos

7d900e2511a69e37448e167dabf6b3ce.jpg

I wonder how many different shows I'm gonna bounce around between before finally making it back to a show I've already cut from? I'm sure it'll happen sooner rather than later when I see an awful Big Brother winner last too long or something :haha:. Anyways, my next trip is to Top Model land. I don't wanna reveal too much in case @*Amanda starts the ANTM Rankdown (as if I don't already have a thread with all my thoughts and feelings lol). But one thing I'm not afraid to reveal is that men coming on ANTM was the biggest mistake production ever made. Point blank and the period. From a purely competitive standpoint I don't know how you compare male and female models because they serve completely different purposes and occupy completely different lanes of the modeling industry. I suppose you could say the same thing about putting plus-sized models or short models on the same season as your "standard" mainstream models, but I still think it's much easier comparing a bunch of women doing the same photoshoot than men and women. But everyone knows I only give half a shit about the show from a competitive standpoint. From an entertainment standpoint it f*cking sucked. ANTM was one of the few shows not tainted by showmance drama. Yes you had your occasional Shandi cheats on her boyfriend with a male model or Nnenna fights on the phone with her boyfriend from home storyline, but because they were minimal they became instantly iconic. Throwing young horny models of different sexes into the same house was doomed for relationship drama, one of my least favorite aspects of reality television. And of course that's exactly what happened. Anyways, this has nothing to do with Keith, just wanted to get it out of my system. And I suppose it it partly why I'm cutting him because having men ruined ANTM.

Keith was on the 21st cycle of ANTM. This was just one season after men were introduced to the show. After a woman accidentally won C20, we had to know Tyra would never allow that to happen for the second season in a row. Keith was pretty much hand picked from the first episode to be our winner due to his similarities to Tyson Beckford, and likely to avoid a sexual harassment suit the way Tyra was pawing after his dick and openly discussing his "manaconda" from the second he stepped into the casting. It was also obvious Keith was going to win by how he was being insanely protected by the edit. While I have not done a deep-dive into the behind-the-scenes of ANTM C21, I wouldn't be surprised if more people agreed with Denzel's views then the show let on. Denzel loudly declared to Keith that he didn't want Will, the gay male model of the cycle, to win because he wanted a "real man" to win and not a guy who wears heels. Will overheard this and was naturally deeply upset. Keith...never really seemed to openly disagree with Denzel? Keith was who Denzel was having the conversation with. Keith gave a generic confessional about "I don't agree with Denzel 👁️👄👁️" but methinks this was fed to him by the producers because he never seemed to disagree with Denzel in the house. He was also part of the group disgusted and perplexed by Matthew, a straight man, drunkenly making out with Will one night when he was bored. Keith seems to think having a lesbian mother absolves him from any homophobia but I'm here to tell him it does not.

When Keith wasn't quietly agreeing with his friends f*cked up views he was providing...nothing. As I ranted about earlier, Keith certainly did get into a bland ass showmance that took up more airtime than was ever necessary. Keith & Kari had no chemistry and seemed to flirt just to...pass the time idk? The producers also tried making some love triangle between him, Mirjana, and Denzel because Keith & Mirjana would frequently be partnered up for challenges where they have to make out, but Keith f*cking hated Mirjana and I simply just did not care. Speaking of Mirjana, I also found Keith to be terrible about her behind her back. Mirjana was certainly A Lot, but I don't think her behavior warranted Keith calling her a bitch, calling her fat, etc. He also had some drama with Chantelle and I was very much #TeamChantelle, but objectively Keith was probably in the right there so I suppose I'll let it slide 🙈.

I have shockingly a lot to say about Keith, but most of it is my own rambles. I promise despite this essay's length he is just really really boring. We got nonstop confessionals about how he used to be a professional football player before he got injured. We got generic confessionals about how much he Wants This. We got ~inspirational~ confessionals about how he wants to provide for his family, but so do like 95% of the models who do this show so he ain't special, I'm not moved. Keith had a generally weak portfolio and mainly used the same look to pull off his half decent shots. Lenox probably wins if Tyra didn't rig social media out of the Guess photoshoot in order to get her male winner she so desperately wanted. Next thing you know he's in the finale with Adam (lol @ him winning) and Will (as loud and righteous as Tyra was against Denzel's homophobia, I'm pretty sure a tiny part of her and the show in general agreed they wanted a "real man" to be the first male winner of the show) so Keith obviously wins. I suppose it's sort of earned by process of elimination, but also he took the following picture during his time in the competition and that should've eliminated him immediately:

1a93ce04e2696b9a5b71be700f3c9516.jpg

Just a reminder, Tyra scored this an 8/10 if there was ever any doubt in your mind that Tyra wasn't doing everything in her power to get him the win.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jarmon said:

@*Wallaceis seething

:dead:

Christopher. 🙂 

But lol, I'm kinda not surprised Tyra was the first Drag Race winner to go here. I did really like her on the show. I don't know much about her post-show drama but did read up upon it here. Yikes soo much stuff there. But hoping James/Tyra is doing well both personally and professionally, as Chris said.

Oooh I was wondering who the first ANTM winner boot was going to be. Wasn't expecting it to be Keith but I get it. Lmao I love how in depth Alex goes with his write-ups! :omg: 

Jed Wyatt (The Bachelorette 15)

jeds-stupid-face.gif

giphy.gif

UGH Jed. I will move on from cutting Bachelor franchise people eventually, but Jed is someone who really deserves a low ranking in this. Jed ended up being the winner of season 15 of The Bachelorette over quite possibly the most popular non-lead in the show's history, Tyler Cameron, who ended up as runner up. You can imagine how angry Bachelor Nation was when Jed was chosen over Tyler, especially with all of the stuff that came out about him after the season was filmed. He won over Hannah by serenading her with songs throughout the season. He literally spent the entire season cheesily expressing his feelings through songs instead of, you know, having a conversation with her like a normal person. Very reminiscent of Wes, who did the same thing on Jillian's season. And what do you know, the two had a lot more in common than just being musicians who decide to serenade the lead. They both had girlfriends when they went on the show and only went on the show to further his music career. Except Wes didn't win the whole thing. He somehow made it to hometowns AKA top 4, but we all breathed a sigh of relief when the lead didn't choose the guy with a girlfriend. Flash forward to Hannah's season, and she chooses Jed. Hannah had already had a really rough season, but she handled it very well. She found out there was another guy with a girlfriend on night 1 and sent him packing before the rose ceremony. She had to deal with all the Luke P drama that lasted literally the entire season and included him slut shaming her and this continued AFTER she had already eliminated him because he just wouldn't take no for an answer. She thought she had gotten her happy ending, leaving the show engaged to Jed. Except she sadly didn't.

After filming wrapped, Jed's ex-girlfriend Haley Stevens did an interview where she said that she and Jed were still dating when he left for the show. They had spent the night before he left together and he told her that he was going on the show to further his career and he didn't intend to be in a relationship with the lead. And look, it's actually pretty common that guys with girlfriends show up on the show. As I mentioned earlier, we saw it with Wes. We saw it with Justin on Ali's season. But usually they last a few episodes as the villain of the season before the lead finally eliminates them. Up until Hannah's season, we avoided the scenario where the guy with the girlfriend back home ends up engaged to the lead. Obviously, when Hannah found out, she was rightfully furious and dumped him ASAP. And during that break-up, Jed just continued to dig a deeper hole for himself. He said that he had went on trips with this girlfriend (one of which her parents gifted to them), introduced her to his parents and even told her "I love you". Yeah, Jed, that goes beyond "Just hanging out a few times". As Hannah said, it's no wonder that the "meet the family" segment of his hometown was so awkward and that his family was uncomfortable and skeptical. But as always, Hannah handled yet another awful person cast on her season very well. My heart broke for her when she said said that the entire experience of being the Bachelorette was stolen from her. I understand why people don't like Hannah these days, but it was hard not to sympathize with her after all the craziness she had to go through wile filming the season only to find out her fiance is a cheater who went on the show with a girlfriend to further his music career.

And really, all of this just goes to show that the show runners need to do a better job vetting their contestants. When the lead ends up getting engaged to a guy who already has a girlfriend, you have a problem in the casting department. That scenario never should've been something that happened. Anyway, Jed is engaged to someone new now and Hannah now has a boyfriend. And to add an extra layer of awkwardness to this, Hannah's brother Patrick is engaged to Jed's ex Haley so two of Jed's exes are now going to be sisters. :dead: 

Wow, I wrote a lot here but I felt that Jed needed a proper dragging. :haha: 

Edited by *Amanda
  • Like 4

LOL I was wondering how long Jed was gonna last. :dead: :giggle: I had a feeling either Diana or Amanda would do a good proper dragging of him, and actually I thought Diana would have cut him a bit sooner. But well done on that write-up, Amanda. :dead: He's just so UGH with.... his ~game plan.~

And dying @ "And to add an extra layer of awkwardness to this, Hannah's brother Patrick is engaged to Jed's ex Haley so two of Jed's exes are now going to be sisters." Just SO messy. :dead: 

• Haha 3

Steve Brookstein

uktv-xfactor-steve-brookstein-05.jpg?cro

Steve Brookstein was someone I was debating on cutting last night but I decided to spare him. But unfortunately, that luck runs out as I am choosing to cut Steve Brookstein tonight. Steve Brookstein is the first winner of The X Factor UK. I didn't properly watch Steve's series but I wasn't really a fan of his. Steve was apart of the Over 25s category, where he was mentored by Simon Cowell. Steve was just an alright singer but never really impressed me from what I saw from him. He came across as that nice lovely man that the public would adore. He sang songs such as: "When a Man Loves a Woman," "If You Don't Know Me by Now," "Help Me Make It Through the Night," "Let's Stay Together," "If I Could Turn Back the Hands of Time," "Greatest Love of All," "Against All Odds (Take a Look at Me Now), "amongst others. 

There was some massive drama that Sharon Osborne brought up that Steve wasn't as nice or humble as he perceived to be and also her calling him a fake. :dead: I'm sure it caused major headlines and drama across the British press. It did seem A BIT much at the same and just wowww at the time. Her comments came off as Twitter criticism you would read rather than you would see judges comment on live television. But years after his time on the show, Steve did find himself in lots of drama with many X Factor related things (and am sure things outside of it?) 

In December 2009, Steve backed and supported the Facebook campaign to stop The X Factor's winner from achieving the coveted Christmas number 1 spot, so he raised support for Rage Against the Machine's "Killing in the Name" reach the top of the chart. He also would criticize and attack his former mentior in a letter that Cowell and I assume The X Factor "ruined Christmas." Steve also openly complained about being dropped from his record label because he "wouldn't play the game." Steve also alleged that the show was staged and the winner was fixed, which later had him removed from the official The X Factor website following those comments. So yeah.... A LOT of drama. There's probably even more out there. But yeah, I wanted to cut Steve now as he's likely my least favorite X Factor UK winner, so I'd rather he go before others I like go lol. I'll end this and will post some videos below.  

Steve performing his winner's single, "Against All Odds."

Drama with Sharon Osborne:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, *Diana said:

Half of me is sad Amanda stole my cut the other half is proud of the dragging that just happened :wub:

I'm surprised you didn't cut him sooner. :giggle:Glad I could make you proud though. :wub: 

Cody & Jessica

200.gif

Cody and Jessica were the official Winners of The Amazing Race 30 after meeting and being awful on Big Brother. Did I watch them win? Absolutely not. I was spoiled they won and can't stand them as human beings so I was not going to support them going on this show and let alone winning. Good for them to being the winners of the race but as human beings they are absolute garbage and I will not let him stay during this game any longer. Anyway I know they somehow so many fans so I guess I am sorry? Not really though, why do they have fans? I don't get it. Cody sucks so much. Their views are awful too. Easy cut to make at this point.

Edited by *Diana

Posted (edited)

VJ Logan

America's Most Smartest Model - Alchetron, the free social encyclopediaV.J. Logan Shirtless - America's most smartest model-V.J. Photo (43479575)  - FanpopVJ Logan is America's Most Smartest Model - TV Fanatic

After my decision to cut an unlikable winner, I've decided to cut the only winner from a show I have never even heard of. VJ won the inaugural and only season of America's Most Smartest Model which sounds like a parody of America's Next Top Model.  The guy is extremely attractive.  Don't let JC see him. So each week the modules competed and each episode a model won the week in what was called the Callback challenge.  These challenges were used to test the models intelligence.  VJ won 2 of the callback challenges and was also up for elimination twice.  At the end of the day, he beat out Andrea Birleanu in their final test and won 10,000 and the title "America's Most Smartest Model".  I don't know who would want a title like that, but werk.

Edited by Solaris

Aww a bit sad seeing Cody & Jessica being the first TAR team going out, but I can get the reasoning behind it. I just enjoyed them on the show over some other winners. But I also have no idea how/who I would cut there. :dead: 🤣

Lol America's Most Smartest Model was such a fun guilty pleasure reality show. :dead: I watched and enjoyed it while it was on but I can't remember much about it as it's been so long since it was out. I feel I remember some other contestants better over the winner, lol. But I was wondering how long VJ/that show would last but definitely a fair cut. :haha: 

2506_demelzareveley01.jpg 

Demelza Reveley (Australia's Next Top Model - Cycle 4)

Demelza is evil. No, not evil in the way that some of these other people are, with the racism and assault and arrests or whatever. Demelza was evil in the special way that 16 year old pretty white girls can be evil. Starting in Cycle 3, Australia's Next Top Model lowered the age limit for the show to 16. That was also thankfully the time they stopped showing the contestants' bare chests uncensored all the time lololol (that was certainly jarring when I first started AusNTM). So to set the scene here, this is now Cycle 4 of AusNTM. The show was just coming off of Cycle 3 where they crowned someone who would become the undisputed most successful (in the high fashion industry) winner of NTM from any country anywhere in the world. Part of the prize package for AusNTM is a spread in Vogue Australia. When she won, they also gave her the cover because she was so amazing. So going into Cycle 4, the show had cultivated a lot of clout in the fashion industry, had a great reputation, etc.

AusNTM switches hosts every few cycles. The host for Cycle 3 and 4 was Jodhi Meares, and rarely have I encountered a permanent judge with such opposite taste to mine. Her idea of a good model was someone who was 16 years old and looked good in a bikini. That's pretty much it. Oh, and Jodhi is a designer for a swimsuit line. So maybe that explains it lol. She embarrassed herself in Cycle 3 by being against the eventual winner for the entire cycle and unabashedly supporting the mediocre runner-up instead. In Cycle 4 her bad taste was still apparent. For some reason she was obsessed with Demelza, the youngest contestant in the cast. Jodhi would often start panel by immediately saying "well Demelza is definitely safe this week" even when Demelza did mediocre. So frustrating. Seriously, look at that photo at the top and tell me she doesn't look like bigfoot at the beach. Lol it's not that bad but she was consistently outdone by her competitors.

Despite being the youngest in the cast, Demelza became the leader of a group of mean girls. And not fun mean girls in the way of making shady comments, being snippy/snarky/whatever. Active bullying of a contestant. Of the most timid and shy contestant. Constantly harassing her. Pouring water on her head on camera. Throwing water balloons at her to try to get her to speak. Later it came out that the bullying was even worse off camera, and they would fill condoms with mayonnaise and leave it in her bed, and put chili in her food. Causing the poor girl to hide under a table for hours to get away from them. It got so bad that the girls were dressed-down by the panel.

The reprimand starts at 1:40. But none were disqualified. Instead, the next episode the host does a PSA for the viewers and says the bullying was "natural teenage behavior" and shy girl gets eliminated. While Demelza goes on to with the show, only in the bottom once at Top 3 despite deserving it many other times. So she was an awful person, a mediocre model, but was the host's pet for some reason and wins. Ugh.

Meanwhile, the girl who was runner-up was someone I found to be a bit annoying, and in the casting episode they split the models into pairs and asked them to compare themselves to each other. The eventual runner-up looks at the girl next to her and says "...I'm taller, I'm whiter." asrojfghasiudjflsnfjkdsalnjfkflsadfgjnd that was a record-scratch for the ages when I heard her say that. The models who made 3rd and 4th place would have been 10 billion times better as winners. Cycle 4 was a disaster.  

And because of all that, Vogue Australia was NOT having it. The editor-in-chief said that Demelza would NOT get to be on the cover like the Cycle 3 winner did. Instead, Demelza would just get the bare minimum per the contract and have a spread in the back on the magazine. Apparently a lot of people wrote letters to Vogue Australia about how bad the bullying was lololol. Vogue Australia then refused to work with AusNTM for future seasons, and the show went to Harper's Bazaar instead starting in Cycle 5. Demelza was so bad she ruined AusNTM reputation in one short season and opportunities for future winners. The host, Jodhi, was also replaced for Cycle 5. 

Bully' wins Australia's Next Top Model | Stuff.co.nz

The winner and runner-up of AusNTM Cycle 4! Disaster!

Obviously, Demelza is no longer 16 and presumably is an entirely different person nowadays, for better or for worse. I've seen comments here and there that she doubled down and doesn't think she did anything bad. But I have no idea for sure either. For this game, I don't have much else to go by so she's leaving now.

Edited by FrogLenzen

• Solaris changed the title to Reality Champion Rankdown