Reality Champion Rankdown

Solaris

Leon "Kida" Burns

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e617773

Leon "Kida" Burns, known by his stage name Kida The Great, is a hip-hop dancer, choreographer, and actor. He gained recognition through his Instagram dance videos of hip-hop songs such as "Don't Sleep" and "Cut It". Kida was crowned "America's Favorite Dancer" on the season of So You Think You Can Dance: Next Generation. Kida's mentor was DuShaunt "Fik-Shun" Stegall. He was also on Series 4 of World of Dance, which I forgot about. His first teacher was his oldest brother, Shaheem. He was inspired by the Step Up series, which he watched with his father. I wanted Tate McRae to win that season, I just wasn't impressed by Kida.

VIENNA GIRARDI

vienna-girardi-today-170609-tease.jpg

Vienna Girardi was on Season 14 of The Bachelor where she won...Jake Pavelka. So that's that. She was on a season where my favourites was America's Sweetheart, Tenley Molzahn! Gosh, I LOVED TENLEY. I remember finding her absolutely adorable and so sweet and loving. I also loved Gia Allemand (RIP beautiful ❤️ ), she was such a fun personality as well. 

Okay, back to Vienna, I never really cared for her at all during her season because I just thought she was unlikable and didn't think she'd win and then BAM she wins LMAO. But, I guess it was for the better that she won over Tenley because Tenley deserves better than Jake! And I guess Vienna learnt how awful Jake is as well :dead:. They had a pretty intense argument over their break-up:

Shame, I actually felt bad for Vienna in this because Jake was so condescending and sooo rude to her. They both were just toxic lmao.

Vienna later returned for Season 2 of Bachelor Pad where she hit it off with Kasey Kahl and yeah I didn't care for either of them but they lasted 6 episodes and just missed the Finale. I don't remember anything important or significant that happened during that season besides the Love Triangle with Holly/Michael/Blake, lol mess. But, I think Holly & Blake ended up getting married so good for them! But as for Vienna, I haven't really kept up nor do I plan to!

Edited by jarmon
  • Like 1

Yeah, I wasn’t a huge fan of Vienna’s but I do feel bad for her with the way Jake basically screamed at her the whole time during that messy break-up interview they did. Can’t really blame her for walking out mid-conversation there. They were such a toxic trainwreck of a couple. :dead:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, *Amanda said:

Yeah, I wasn’t a huge fan of Vienna’s but I do feel bad for her with the way Jake basically screamed at her the whole time during that messy break-up interview they did. Can’t really blame her for walking out mid-conversation there. They were such a toxic trainwreck of a couple. :dead:

Yeah, that was so painful to watch. Felt really bad for her.

Elektrolytes (America's Best Dance Crew - Season 7)

Elektrolytes - Alchetron, The Free Social Encyclopedia

From left to right: Joey, Kyle, Chris, Sal, Ben, George, Nico

Kneeling down: Marcus

Well it seems like people are tempted to cut from shows that haven't had cuts yet, so I might as well make a cut from my beloved ABDC to prove that I'm know what I'm doing with this show and I don't need help cutting from ABDC yet 🙂

Elektrolytes are a crew from Gilbert, Arizona and in Season 7 they appeared with the 8 guys pictured above. Sal & Nico are brothers who grew up in a karate studio, and they used that space to learn hip-hop, recruit their friends, and make a crew. Apparently the crew auditioned for ABDC three other times, but ABDC doesn't air auditions. They are a solid crew with a lot of members offering something unique. Marcus was the bboy doing a lot of the breaking and other tricks/flips, Ben had the splits, Nico with the nunchaku, and Sal the high flyer used for a lot of the throws/etc.

Elektrolytes were kind of presented as the underdogs throughout Season 7. I mean, Mos Wanted Crew had a bunch of choreographers and some people who had been on ABDC in the past (plus Ian Eastwood... almost not even fair). So they were certainly the frontrunner for a lot of the season, but their journey was kind of hit or miss as the season went on. Fanny Pak returned after being robbed in 3rd place in Season 2, but they never recaptured the magic. Janick from SYTYCD Canada had her crew on this season, and they were fun but went home quickly.

I think the true underdogs were Rated Next Generation. Meanwhile, Elektrolytes kept getting hyped up by the judges (Dominic "D-Trix" Sandoval in particular). And Elektrolytes are maybe the only crew that I've seen randomly get a slow-motion moment DURING their performance. Like, they're dancing normal and then someone goes to do a flip and suddenly everything is in slowmo. I thought that was kind of... cheating? Idk. It seemed like the producers telegraphing what crew they wanted to be popular. And Dominic being like "THAT'S WHAT IT TAKES TO BE AMERICA'S BEST DANCE CREW" after every performance. I don't mind favoritism but don't pretend they are also the underdogs lol. The slow motion thing happened twice, and I can't think of ANY other times it happened for any other crew's performance in any season. The only thing that was kind of a disadvantage for Elektrolytes was that Chris got injured before the first performance and they had to figure out how to change the formations for a couple weeks to adjust to his absence. 

And that's not to say that I disliked Elektrolytes. They were fun to watch and had some good routines, and their journey was fun and it was nice to see them get really excited about everything. Their choreo was a bit basic at times, and they had this bad habit of doing a move and then like... pointing. Like headspinnnnn STOP and point. Who are you pointing at? Stop pointing. Personally, I wanted 8 Flavahz to win. Yes, the crew of little girls. Those little girls ate all the other crews for breakfast lunch and dinner and I will hear no counterpoint on that matter. 8 FLAVAHZ ATE AND DESERVED THE TITLE. They were not a gimmick. They murdered everyone every week.

After Season 7, Elektrolytes came back for the winner season in Season 8. They were the only crew to have all their original members return for the winner season. But maybe that jinxed it because Joey suddenly was sick and couldn't perform with them. It seemed bad, like a serious illness or withdrawal or something. But they made it work and placed 5th out of 6. They didn't last super long but it was great to see them again performing and they had a respectable showing. They were just up against the best of the best.

Beyond ABDC, this crew and/or the studio they are from had a younger crew on World of Dance (Elektro Crew) and then again some of those members returned as part of The Rise on season 4. So Gilbert, Arizona has established itself as a random hot bed for hip-hop dancing and good for them. But for me, Elektrolytes are the ones who should go out first for ABDC in this game.

Here's a compilation of their stuff I found on YouTube. Good ones start at 2:33 and 4:39

Aww I really liked Kida, so I'm sad to see him go. :( He was one of my favorites of the SYTYCD kids edition with Tate and Ruby. But yeah I guess with the Kids DWTS being targeted, I'm not surprised the Kids SYTYCD got targeted too. :haha: 

Wow, amazing write-up on Elektrolytes, Derek! Ahh ABDC was a show I was really into and loved in its first few seasons but then I slowly and surely lost interest and haven't watched the latter few seasons. I can't remember how many I watched off the top of my head. So I'm not sure what to do with cuts about them. But yeah figured Derek would be the right one to start cutting them. 

1 hour ago, *Amanda said:

Yeahh you and Akshar pretty much said my feelings regarding Vienna really well.

I wasn't really a fan of hers during her season. But then I felt really bad for her in that awkward toxic interview she had with Jake. That was soo yikes. But such a toxic couple. So yeah that interview kinda made me root for her in the future/on Bachelor Pad.

JOSH & BRENT

t01_grab021.jpg

Josh & Brent are the weakest The Amazing Race winners in the show's history. Perhaps not the most unlikable team to win the race, but Josh & Brent somehow winning the race after everything that transpired throughout the season was unexpected. They were regularly at the back of the pack (the final leg was the only leg they won). They got lucky breaks from non-elimination legs, James & Abba losing a passport, and Ryan & Abbie getting U-Turned. Ryan & Abbie and Josh & Brent also had the misfortune of falling a day behind the other teams after they took a risky gamble with flights. Even though Josh & Brent were the underdogs, I didn't find them to be very rootable. Firstly, they were on the season with Jaymes & James and Natalie & Nadiya, and both teams were much more likable and easy to root for. Even Trey & Lexi would've been better winners. Secondly, Josh & Brent lacked the spirit to win for most of the race. They would even offer to help out Ryan & Abbie when they were behind, even willing to sacrifice their own spots in the race for them. The only reason they couldn't follow through was because of the way the U-Turn played out. Thirdly, I didn't like how self-righteous they were in their dislike toward the Twinnies toward the end of the race. So, seeing Josh & Brent pull out a surprise win was very disappointing, especially since this was a great season otherwise. It just ended on a bad note in my opinion. I don't want them to fly under the radar here and outlast any other The Amazing Race teams (no complaints from me with Dave & Connor being eliminated though!), so out they go from the rankdown.

Edited by Steven_

41 minutes ago, Steven_ said:

The CBBUK talk earlier makes me want to cut Coleen for robbing Kim Woodburn and Jedward, but I think someone like Alex would do a much better job dragging her. :haha: 

Lol I'd gladly cut Coleen one day for committing the cardinal sin of robbing those two legends, but at this point she's nowhere even near the top of my cuts list 🙈

11 hours ago, *Lily said:

Scott “Scotty T” Timlin

200.gif

Reliving the David’s dead moment (for the 100th time this year) yesterday reminded me. Can you believe, in one of the greatest seasons of reality TV of all time…Scotty T won?!

Actually yeah. It’s totally believable, that’s the British public for you. CBB 17 is one of the greatest reality TV casts ever. You have Tiffany Pollard who is always going to deliver - she’s the HBIC after all. Gemma Collins, delivering iconic one-liners and drama throughout. Stephanie and Jeremy giving us a toxic showmance. Megan bring a hot mess. Daniella and Christopher randomly being rivals pre-show and just giving us lolzy underrated moments throughout. John Partridge being a prime reality TV manipulative villain. Kristina doing nothing but still stealing the spotlight before leaving by announcing her pregnancy. Angie Bowie giving us the iconic David’s dead moment, while David Gest casually slept indoors. Nancy Dell’Olio being just an icon in general.

Anyway. Notice how I didn’t mention Scotty T? The guy was nice enough but gave nothing all season. He was young, decent looking (I guess?) and inoffensive and that was all he needed to pull off the win and leave one of the greatest pieces of art that is Celebrity Big Brother 17 finished on an underwhelming note. 

this is perfect 

• Like 1

Camila Nakagawa

leroy3.jpg?resize=1000,667&ssl=1

I was tempted to continue to cut from shows I haven't cut from (and I'll probably go back to that very soon), but I just can't allow Camila to go any further. I'll probably be the designated Challenge Cutter of the group so it's my responsibility to make sure the trashiest of the trash winners leave ASAP. To give you a quick Camila backstory before we get to her winning season, she was a newbie in the Challenge world when she got her start. While most Challenge castmates got their start on Real World or Road Rules at that point, Camila was on some spinoff called "Spring Break Challenge". She was the only one to come from that show and make it on the real show. Because of that, she had a target on her back immediately. Also, she was small in size. Despite that, she was scrappy and ferocious and quickly gained the respect of her castmates and her fanbase with how shockingly good she was at these challenges. She even got a win with Bananas on Exes (which also won't last long in this game if I have anything to say about it lol). Now, she wasn't always the most popular cast member ever. She would go off at the drop of a hat. Her infamous meltdown in Exes where she threatened to murder Johnny Bananas and drunkenly strolled straight into a pool headfirst still sticks out to me to this day. Other "highlights" leading into Dirty 30 include her fight with Nany that lasted hours which started because...Nany defended Camila against CT (:dead:) and getting ejected from Rivals II with Tony when the two of them got in a physical altercation with each other (and then Tony would proceed to cheat on his baby mama/future wife with her two seasons later what even is this show?????)

So that leads us into Dirty 30. The producers really wanted their 30th season to be a legendary season. They brought back multiple old school contestants and fan favorite to really make this a season for the books. Let me tell you, their male winner calls another "down syndrome face" yet wasn't the most problematic winner of the season 👁️👄👁️. Enter Camila, Challenge legend at this point. Look, she played well. She got six daily challenge wins and two elimination wins. She dominated a final against Cara Maria and Tori, two of the strongest women from the modern Challenge era. Some thought Camila might have been past her expiration date at this point, but she totally proved that competitively she still has it. But I'm obviously not cutting her for that. I'm cutting her cause she's racist trash.

Even without the racism, Camila sucked this season. Camila's entire draw was being unpredictable and wild. At this point, I could predict all of Camila's antics. She would be hypocritical, she would get drunk and scream obscenities, she would target the wrong people, she would hit below the belt, no one would hold her accountable. It was the same shit every season and it got boring. That may not be a word many would use to describe Camila, but there's so much loud and obnoxious screaming on a reality show even can take. But many Challenge cast members are loud and annoying. What makes Camila so much worse on Dirty 30? One night she sets her sights on Leroy, one of the most chill men in Challenge history. She goes off on him for...idk looking at her the wrong way? I don't read too much into why Camila goes off on people. She brings up his race out of nowhere, she calls him the n-word, she gets in his face, it's all terrible. That's what we saw ON THE SHOW! Allegedly, they edited out the worst of Camila's meltdown. The only reason they showed any of it at all is because the other castmates were openly discussing what happened with the press and pretty much forced the show to show a smidgen of Camilla's meltdown. Camilla gets a warning, Camilla apologizes to Leroy, nothing happens, and she goes on to win the season. Camila should've been ejected the second she dropped the n-word. I know reality television has evolved since then, but this was 2017! This was not """""a different time""""". This wasn't even the straw that broke the camels back! Camila finally got banned from the show FOR GOOD when she came back just one season later for Champs vs. Stars and assaulted a crew member. The fact that they brought her back so soon just says it all. Leroy actually spoke out about all this about a year ago since he's now retired from the show and how he wish he didn't show Camila and the show so much grace and it really breaks my heart. This has haunted Leroy for years because he didn't do more and the show didn't do more. Leroy's video is pretty much appointment viewing for any Challenge viewer and I'd highly recommend watching it if you haven't

Luckily Leroy is thriving with his wife Kam and their new baby and idk what Camila's up to now because I don't care :wub:.

• Like 1

Craig Wayne Boyd 

600x600bf-60.jpg

Ugh gosh some days it can be ~easy to decide who to cut, but then other days it can be really difficult. For tonight's cut, I ultimately decided on Craig Wayne Boyd. Craig Wayne Boyd  is the winner of the 7th season of The Voice U.S. edition where he won it in December 2014. Craig Wayne Boyd is a country singer and was mentored by Blake Shelton. So for those of you that watch the show or don't watch the show, it's always either country singer + Blake = automatic finalist or country singer + Blake = automatic winner. I'm sure it was ~new then but it's gotten boring and stale seeing how often this happens now. :yawn: 

Some songs Craig sang while on the show includes: "The Whiskey Ain't Workin'" (his audition), "Some Kind of Wonderful," "I Walk the Line," "Workin' Man Blues," "In Pictures" and his winner's single: "My Baby's Got a Smile on Her Face."

I wasn't really a fan of Craig's and was disappointed that he won his season. I was mainly rooting for 3rd placer Chris Jamison that year... and think I liked some others but they aren't really standing out to me right now. I did also like Damien Lawson too. This was also the year it was an all guy final, so you know IDF was not here for that and hating it. :dead: But yeah Craig just had an easy ride, sang fine but nothing he did ever really impressed me. I'm not sure how popular or well liked he is on here or if he has any major fans but sorry about this cut but it just worked for me right now. I'll post a link of his performances below.

• Like 1

Ed Swiderski

jillian-harris-435-3-1d75445e3e9a4b48b0a

Imagine having Reid come back for you only to choose Ed. Could not would not ever be me. Jillian's taste in men is tragic even to this day which is unfortunate because she was a fun bachelorette but I would never ever understanding picking Ed over Reid. I just can't. I am annoyed thinking about it because it was a train wreck waiting to happen watching her get engaged to Ed of all people lmao. He did not like her at all and she was all googly eyes over him and did not see the fact he left as a warning hey maybe he isn't in to you? but no she let him and back and got engaged to him LOL

Just now, *Diana said:

there is lots of bad tea about him but he is still better than Ed

I wouldn't know because I don't follow drama post-bachelorette... I literally never heard any tea about him but I also don't seek it :haha: 

6 minutes ago, *Chris said:

I wouldn't know because I don't follow drama post-bachelorette... I literally never heard any tea about him but I also don't seek it :haha: 

Lmaoo samee. :haha: I follow very little Bachelor post season drama specifically if it makes headlines or whoever breaks up or gets married but still I learn so much stuff from Diana here. :dead: 

And lmaooo the Ed (/Jillian) write-up had me cracking up there. :dead: I can't really remember this season that well off the top of my head but it sounds kinda yikes, lol.

svr_cast_800x1000_0001_rob.jpg

Rob Mariano

Rob was not cut out to be a Survivor champion. In his first season, he was an irritating schmuck who didn't care enough to try in the challenges, and allowed his tribe to dwindle to five members to the opposing tribe's seven. In All-stars, I don't think anyone was taking the game seriously. He couldn't cut it in Heroes vs. Villains either. It was not until his fourth attempt that he won the game, and the whole season seemed suspiciously designed in his favor, from the "Goliath" type opposing tribe, to the ragtag group of faithful followers in his own tribe. There was the professional athlete to assist him (Grant), the guy nobody liked (Phillip), and the perpetual sore loser that made Rob appear competent by comparison (Matt). Rob did not deserve the win, but apparently the producers think he makes great television.

Luke Jacobz (Season 8 )

image.jpeg.ed972e2dcb9e2471baf94b9dc39afcd5.jpeg

Luke is someone i knew for hosting The X Factor Australia since its reboot.  It turns out Luke won two seasons of Dancing with the Stars Australia. The first time he won he was partnered with Luda Kroiter.  Together they won her, her first of two mirror balls.  I am cutting Luke because he has two entries on the list and he had more perfect scores the second time he competed even though it was a much more condensed season where he only had to dance 4 times.  Luke in Season 8 appeared to be consistently hovering in the middle of the leaderboard. He never had the lowest score of the week.  In weeks 8 through 10 he had the top score of the week, which I guess made him a late bloomer in the competition.  His only perfect score of the season was his Freestyle to Boogie Wonderland. It is a fun routine based off of Happy Feet, but upon watching it I didn't find it to be anything special.  He is obviously a Charismatic guy and that likely helped get him the win.  He finished the season with the second highest average of 24.47.

Edited by Solaris