Reality Champion Rankdown

Solaris

The Linz Family (The Amazing Race 8 - Family Edition)

S8_LinzFamily.jpg

For its 8th season, the show runners of The Amazing Race decided to change it up. Instead of teams of 2, they decided to cast families of 4 and brand it "Family Edition". Now, I don't think it's the worst season that the show has to offer. I'd say both All-Stars seasons are worse because expectations for those seasons were so high and then they ended up being awful messes, but I think it is one of the weaker seasons. The Weaver family was easily the best in terms of entertainment value, but the Paolo family had some fun moments as well. As for the winners of the season, we have the Linz family. A family of siblings Nick, Alex, Megan & Tommy Linz. And look, there's no denying that they were a dominant team. They placed 9th in the first leg but never placed below 4th after that as they cruised their way to victory. But they were not a fun team. A lot of the teams hated the Weaver family this season, and the Linz family is included in that. The drama with all the Weaver hate was a big storyline of the season and it just made it very hard for me to watch the season. But outside of that, their dominance, while impressive, was just very boring to watch. They're definitely a competent team but they're not exciting racers and they contributed a lot to the drama of the season, where I was firmly on the Weaver family's side. After this season wasn't as successful as I'm sure the show runners were hoping for, season 9 was a return to form with the 2-person team format and they never revisited the 4-person team again. IDK if they have any fans around here, but if they do, I'm sorry for the cut. I wanted to move away from cutting the Bachelor franchise people and I landed on them because they're one of my least favorite winning teams on a season of the race that I didn't particularly enjoy.

• Like 1

I am a little bit alarmed at the trend of researching on reddit to decide on the next cut. Can you imagine if, back in 2008, someone had posted a few comments about Janelle being overrated, and a few other people agreed, and now someone on here who never watched Big Brother was trying to decide on a cut?

36 minutes ago, .Rei said:

it's fun to follow this rankdown, even if I don't know 95% of the winners 

I don't know anything outside of Big Brother, Survivor and The Apprentice. I am trying to avoid cutting someone I know nothing about, but if I keep making cuts at my current  pace, the shows I know will be all gone.

Hannah Brown

590df5f9-b461-4c32-8d49-48ee7a709bcf-154

You know what is the most disappointing thing sometimes? when you stan someone, you root for them and they make a clown of you! (Thanks Lea Michele, Thanks Hannah Brown). I was one of Hannah's biggest stans on this site coming from her terrible Bachelorette experience (Thanks Amanda for dragging Jed :wub:) I voted every week and I do think her and Alan deserved that win but none of that justifies her behavior since then. She is a racist and no matter how much half of the Bachelor fandom wants to forget what she did, I do not and no halfassed apology and basically nothing since makes it better. She trashed Alan in her book and loves to play the victim so it's not hard to want to cut her even if objectively she is not the worst DWTS mirror ball champion left dancing wise. Her behavior is what makes this a easy cut.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Qorey said:

I am a little bit alarmed at the trend of researching on reddit to decide on the next cut. Can you imagine if, back in 2008, someone had posted a few comments about Janelle being overrated, and a few other people agreed, and now someone on here who never watched Big Brother was trying to decide on a cut?

3 hours ago, Qorey said:

I don't know anything outside of Big Brother, Survivor and The Apprentice. I am trying to avoid cutting someone I know nothing about, but if I keep making cuts at my current  pace, the shows I know will be all gone.

you are also welcome to ask people here who to cut

Scott “Scotty T” Timlin

200.gif

Reliving the David’s dead moment (for the 100th time this year) yesterday reminded me. Can you believe, in one of the greatest seasons of reality TV of all time…Scotty T won?!

Actually yeah. It’s totally believable, that’s the British public for you. CBB 17 is one of the greatest reality TV casts ever. You have Tiffany Pollard who is always going to deliver - she’s the HBIC after all. Gemma Collins, delivering iconic one-liners and drama throughout. Stephanie and Jeremy giving us a toxic showmance. Megan bring a hot mess. Daniella and Christopher randomly being rivals pre-show and just giving us lolzy underrated moments throughout. John Partridge being a prime reality TV manipulative villain. Kristina doing nothing but still stealing the spotlight before leaving by announcing her pregnancy. Angie Bowie giving us the iconic David’s dead moment, while David Gest casually slept indoors. Nancy Dell’Olio being just an icon in general.

Anyway. Notice how I didn’t mention Scotty T? The guy was nice enough but gave nothing all season. He was young, decent looking (I guess?) and inoffensive and that was all he needed to pull off the win and leave one of the greatest pieces of art that is Celebrity Big Brother 17 finished on an underwhelming note. 

Edited by *Lily
  • Like 1

If you were to ask me 3 years ago if I could see Diana cutting Hannah Brown in a rankdown, I would have never believed you. :dead: But ahh I do totally get her write-up... and there really is nothing worse than someone you love or stan for and then they disappoint you with their behavior, actions, words or what not. :broken: It's just so UGH.

LOL at Lily's write-up on Scotty T. :dead: I remember Scotty T and that he won a CBBUK series, but I totally forgot that he was apart of and won THAT iconic series. So lmao I'm chuckling how I forgot he was apart of that cast. 🤣 But yeah it does make sense for the young, decent'ish looking not too memorable guy to win with how the voting works on that show.... cause it happens a lot. :haha: 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

As I am researching my next cut I realize Michelle Williams was The Butterfly (7th place) on the Masked Singer US,  Rock Hopper (4th place) on Masked Singer UK, and now Microphone (4th place) on Masked Singer Australia.  She's making the rounds, or she just realize likes to be masked.

Edited by Solaris

5 minutes ago, Solaris said:

As I am researching my next cut I realize Michelle Williams was The Butterfly (7th place) on the Masked Singer US,  Rock Hopper (4th place) on Masked Singer UK, and now Microphone (4th place) on Masked Singer Australia.  She's making the rounds, or she just realize likes to be masked.

OMGG Michelle Williams has done 3 versions of The Masked Singer???? :dead: 

She is the Pamela Anderson of The Masked Singer franchise! :wub: :wub: :wub: 

6 minutes ago, Solaris said:

don't cut Wayne or T-Pain

17 minutes ago, *Lily said:

Michelle Williams, Pamela Anderson and Jujubee in competition for the most reality show appearances :wub:

La Toya Jackson has been on a lot of them too

Piglet/Nick Lachey

The Masked Singer spoilers: Piglet is Nick Lachey, 98 Degrees singer -  GoldDerby

I have seen all of the masked singers in the US and far and away the most disappointing of them was Piglet.  Thats not to say he's a bad singer.  Obviously he isn't but his performance on the show did not warrent his win.  Piglet started out on the dominate Group B.  This group also contained the remaining finalists Black Swan and Chameleon, both of which I preferred and believe should have been in the finale, but with Yeti over Piglet.  

I strongly considered going after one of the UK or Australian winners first, but having gone and listened to their performances, I decided my least favorite was still piglet.  I wasn't a fan of the costume where it looked like a child. Onto his journey.  He started his journey witih Speechless by Dan & Shay.  It was pretty good, but confortable in the middle that week for me.  He did Andy Grammar's Good to be Alive the second time he performed, but it was just good when you compare it to Black Swans In My Blood that same week. The third time he performed he did 7 Years, and I thought that was best performance before the finale.  He had a string of performances I didn't care for after with The Pretender, Against all Odds.  I like the italian he did at the beginning of Superstition and should have done whatever that was for the whole song as those couple bars were my favorite thing from him all season. He earned his spot in the finals after Bruises by Lewis Capaldi which was the right time to return after several weeks that I found underwhelming. He went for a popular song in the finale with Faithfully, and honestly that probably won that his season as he stepped up while Black Swan faltered near the end of the season.  Either way I find his voice very generic next to every other Masked Singer winner. 

• Like 3

Scotty T is the perfect, like, mid-400's boot for me. He is just so painfully average. I really don't have the energy to hate on him. And I appreciate how his and his large appendage brought Tiffany's horny side out in the house ❤️. But I'm not complaining about him being booted here cause like...it's Scotty T whocurr.

2 hours ago, *Lily said:

Angie Bowie giving us the iconic David’s dead moment

I fear the narrative of Angie's contributions to CBB17 have been whittled down to this and I don't like it one bit! Angie was honestly a supporting player in the whole David is Dead saga, that's Tiffany's moment. Angie delivered possibly my favorite meltdown in Big Brother history and deserves to be immortalized

"YOU'RE JUST PATHETIC CAPITALIST WHORES!!! GET ME A CAR AND LET ME BE GONE, IF YOU WANNA CHEAP GET UBER I DON'T GIVE A SHIT!!!"

5 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

I fear the narrative of Angie's contributions to CBB17 have been whittled down to this and I don't like it one bit! Angie was honestly a supporting player in the whole David is Dead saga, that's Tiffany's moment. Angie delivered possibly my favorite meltdown in Big Brother history and deserves to be immortalized

"YOU'RE JUST PATHETIC CAPITALIST WHORES!!! GET ME A CAR AND LET ME BE GONE, IF YOU WANNA CHEAP GET UBER I DON'T GIVE A SHIT!!!"

I stand corrected! David’s dead is clearly Tiffany’s moment but the role of everyone in the house is essential in making that cinematic gold. Darren watching confused from the garden, Gemma standing in shock, Danniella bringing it to a close…couldn’t have been done with any other cast

Angie Bowie was really something else. :dead: 🤣

Aww I like Piglet on The Masked Singer, but I guess he was the winner I was least invested in winning so I am okay with him going if a Masked Singer from the US had to go. :haha: 

24 minutes ago, *Lily said:

I stand corrected! David’s dead is clearly Tiffany’s moment but the role of everyone in the house is essential in making that cinematic gold. Darren watching confused from the garden, Gemma standing in shock, Danniella bringing it to a close…couldn’t have been done with any other cast

Agreed, everyone is really giving their A-game in that moment (especially David for lying in bed under a sheet the whole time :wub:).

And I love how Big Brother convinced Angie to stay after her meltdown, only for her to cough like two days later and be like "Oh no I'm sick everyone guess I have to leave I'm so sad I don't want to leave bye everyone xxoo ^_^^_^" :dead:. Queen made sure to get medically evacuated so she would still keep her appearance fee :wub: :wub:. Tbh I think she realized she should've walked when David died and just had to figure out another excuse to get out of there when she missed her chance.

• Solaris changed the title to Reality Champion Rankdown