The Voice ● S22 ● Spoilers/News/Updates πŸ‚

Someone648

Just watched the performances. At least the losers weren't flops.

Β 

Ian has a cool tone and he did a decent job. I think his performance is missing dynamics though. Is it just me? Kind of stayed the same throughout.

Β 

Morgan Taylor also did well. Missing some of the vocal flair from her audition but it was definitely a more consistent performance throughout.

Β 

As for Omar.. He did good with the song. Admittedly I'm not really sure I'm a fan of his tone here. The vocals sounded shaky, literally. His belting was good. But felt lacked the punch it had in his previous performance. But I guess his belting in general is more high than booming and powerful, and I don't think it particularly fit the song here.

I was one of the people who was skeptical about Omar at first but I'm slowly accepting him for the cornball he isΒ :haha: He isn't the cleanest singer in the world but it's still very impressive what he can do.

• Like 1

Honestly Morgan Myles’s interpretation of β€œWhat the world needs now” to me personally came of as someone who is angery and showing a bit of sass in way to show like β€œthis world needs to change and needs love” like she is angrier than upset of how the world is instead of the sad/upset and β€œpitying” version (if that makes sense) plus her hand motion IMO added to the delivery of the song, but that’s just me.

Ian did decently on a very though song. Step down from his battle, but not bad.

Β 

Wasnt a fan of Morgan's arrangement of the song, but vocally, she was good.Β 

Β 

Omar...here's the thing, this is bound to be his most controversial performance to date. When you hear a performance this unashamedly over the top, you either like it or you don't. Me? I liked it. I just dig his style, and obviously, his vocals are on point. I'd go see him live.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Β 

Β 

Omar...here's the thing, this is bound to be his most controversial performance to date. When you hear a performance this unashamedly over the top, you either like it or you don't. Me? I liked it. I just dig his style, and obviously, his vocals are on point. I'd go see him live.

Exactly!

All three SERVED omg!! And those outfits....gosh they look stun.

Β 

Ian has a phenomenal tone. I wasn't expecting him to be a favorite of mine pre season but I thought he did great despite having some shaky moments.Β 

Β 

Omar killed too. Got a bit messy at times (esp in the beginning) but the ending was fire! I can see why John went with him, but in my eyes it was a lot tighter than I thought it would be.

Β 

Morgan did great with that song!!! As someone who was expecting her to go more folky this season this song terrified me when the spoilers came out, but she was so in the zone and did great! Some runs were a bit off but I loved it as a whole. SO happy my fav of the season is leaving on such a high note and being so praised☺️

Β 

Fav collective trio so far methinks!!!!!! Can't wait to see what's next for all 3 of them

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Ian did decently on a very though song. Step down from his battle, but not bad.

Β 

Wasnt a fan of Morgan's arrangement of the song, but vocally, she was good.Β 

Β 

Honestly? He's a pretty engaging performer.

Β 

I just hope come lives that it doesn't detract from the vocals. When it comes down to it, I'd rather someone be visually unengaging but giving their best vocals than being visually engaging but missing on a few notes because of it.

Β 

I also don't care about whether the performance is visually distracting (Omar's theatrics or Morgan's hand gestures) as Hamza said in another thread, close your eyes.

8 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

Honestly? He's a pretty engaging performer.

Β 

I just hope come lives that it doesn't detract from the vocals. When it comes down to it, I'd rather someone be visually unengaging but giving their best vocals than being visually engaging but missing on a few notes because of it.

Β 

I also don't care about whether the performance is visually distracting (Omar's theatrics or Morgan's hand gestures) as Hamza said in another thread, close your eyes.

The "directing traffic" jokes were kinda funny, but I didnt mind Morgan's arm gestures yesterday. They didnt take anything away from her vocals, which were great. Same here with Omar.

Β 

And I'm gonna be honest: I do like Radioactive. The song is a hype track, and I've enjoyed almost everyone that has performed it on the show. It works as a crowd pleaser, so perfect song for Omar to give us a show.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

You know who else's KO was heavily critiqued on IDF for the theatrics? Katie Kadan.

Another one I loved.

Β 

I'm not a fan of all theatrics, but when contestants really get into it and I see them having a good time, I cant help but enjoy them.

Β 

Plus, Katie 's vocals we're top notch.

2 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Another one I loved.

Β 

I'm not a fan of all theatrics, but when contestants really get into it and I see them having a good time, I cant help but enjoy them.

Β 

Plus, Katie 's vocals we're top notch.

a real diva

24 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

It feels to me that actually Morgan Performed before Omar. You can clearly see the difference b/w 4:23 & 4:27. I wonder why they did that?

that’s correct, Morgan did perform before Omar; they perform in alphabetical order afaik. I haven’t watched yet but if Omar was edited to be last, that probably means they edited it so he would close the episode (I think they did the same with GNT?

1 minute ago, QueenCami said:

that’s correct, Morgan did perform before Omar; they perform in alphabetical order afaik. I haven’t watched yet but if Omar was edited to be last, that probably means they edited it so he would close the episode (I think they did the same with GNT?

He was edited to be in the middle. I just don't get it. He was a great choice for closing up the episode.