The Voice ♦️ S23 ♦️ Spoilers/News/Updates 🌼

Someone648

1 minute ago, VoiceFan2577 said:

Literally name one talentless winner and I’ll give you a million dollars

Ok, I am not willing to get into another argument we've had enough of those recently.

What I will say is that my definition of 'talented' is different than other people's. I consider someone to be 'talented' when they're at the top of their craft. Just because I don't consider someone 'talented' doesn't mean I believe they're bad at singing. It just means that they're not amazing.

Since you want an example, I'll say Bryce Leatherwood. He can sing, but especially when performing live, he never blew me away, so I wouldn't consider him talented. If you do, that's fine, and we can agree to disagree.

• Like 4

Just now, QueenMae16 said:

I'm not arguing against it, I'm skimming through his IG and in the past he does wear a cowboy outfit on occasion.

I don't think it was ignorance, TeamAudra just made some observations about him wearing it more often. It's not that deep, he wasn't attacking NOVIAS at all.

Okay. I’m sorry for getting bent up about it, but their observations were wrong.

1 minute ago, RTV said:

The irony is that IDF complains when a contestant who is obviously working toward a country music career, especially one on Team Blake, "panders" to country viewers or sings a religious song.

A contestant or a certain contestant… 

2 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Plot twist: Ray Uriel vs NOIVAS - Jealous Guy (Countrifried version)

Speaking of that, I was having a bit of a hard time imagining what they could have done with that. The song doesn’t really go anywhere. 

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

Speaking of that, I was having a bit of a hard time imagining what they could have done with that. The song doesn’t really go anywhere. 

It´s an interesting song choice, not really a vocal showcase, I´m assuming they probably arranged it to have some moments like that.

I´m expecting Ray to tackle it smoothly, and NOIVAS to add intensity. Not sure how it will work, I´m actually interested to see this battle.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

the Gabby Barrett fake accent road to success :wub: (jk don’t actually know anything about it i just always hear @QueenKalie complaining abt it LMAO)

but anyway yeah i think we need to take a reminder from bestie Kyla Jade and

Country music is all about authenticity and if you aren't being true to yourself then what you create isn't going to be that good and it won't be any interest to me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

It´s an interesting song choice, not really a vocal showcase, I´m assuming they probably arranged it to have some moments like that.

I´m expecting Ray to tackle it smoothly, and NOIVAS to add intensity. Not sure how it will work, I´m actually interested to see this battle.

Yeah, I think if Manasseh vs Sorelle taught us anything, it's that two artists with completely different styles can work together depending on what song they're given.

And, if Ray comes out and excels on this performance, it might help reduce the backlash against him making it to the Top 8

12 minutes ago, British Man said:

Yeah, I think if Manasseh vs Sorelle taught us anything, it's that two artists with completely different styles can work together depending on what song they're given.

And, if Ray comes out and excels on this performance, it might help reduce the backlash against him making it to the Top 8

I’m really expecting Ray to prove everyone wrong in this battle. Basketball Wives Growth GIF by VH1

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Carebear1999 said:

I’m really expecting Ray to prove everyone wrong in this battle. Basketball Wives Growth GIF by VH1

He has three chances to do that. There are plenty of artists that made it far where I didn’t care for their audition, but they improved

• Like 1

I mean, yeah, Ray wouldn´t be the first contestant with a rough blind and then subsequently strong rounds (If it happens, of course). 

Without even taking chair turns into account, the people he has defeated (NOIVAS, NariYella, Jamar, Manasseh and Kala) are very strong, so this should be interesting. 

I actually liked all of their blinds better than his, but I do love a good underdog story. I definitely hope he steps it up.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 2

Just got up, and saw all the discussion here. 😬

Thanks for calming everything down istersay!

Also, I'm sorry y'all, since I'm the one who started it by replying to TA's post (I don't know why lol) which didn't even single out NOIVAS (He was just generally talking that he's noticing that a lot of people want to win). But I never even imagined that we'd have a heated debate over that; otherwise, I'd never had made that post.

38 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I mean, yeah, Ray wouldn´t be the first contestant with a rough blind and then subsequently strong rounds (If it happens, of course). 

Without even taking chair turns into account, the people he has defeated (NOIVAS, NariYella, Jamar, Manasseh and Kala) are very strong, so this should be interesting. 

I actually liked all of their blinds better than his, but I do love a good underdog story. I definitely hope he steps it up.

I'm interested to see how his battle with NOIVAS works out. NOIVAS has a very powerful voice, and it seems that Ray has a softer voice. (I really like his Tone)